Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 457 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#6595 04/23/06 04:26 AM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
My sailboat burns about 5 gallons of diesel per year and covers approximately 10,000 miles. I'd say that's pretty decent mileage.

DA Morgan
#6596 04/23/06 05:56 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
yes but how many tones of co2 were created to make it. and now much of it is leaching into the ocean creating more deadly stuff that co2. i doubt really seriously that your jag is anywhere near as effecent, and as one of the rich snobs of the word, i imagine you have to show it off a lot. of course that means showing off how powerful it is and how much co2 you can creat doing as little as you can.

in other words, your a big part of the problem you claim is everyone else's doing.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#6597 04/24/06 01:30 AM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
dehammer asks:
"yes but how many tones of co2 were created to make it."

Essentially none.

Now that we've talked about me lets talk about you. What is your real name? Where did you go to school? Where do you work? How much CO2 do you produce each year? Fair is fair.

DA Morgan
#6598 04/24/06 02:46 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
you had already offered that about you.

the only part of that that has anything to do with this subject is the co2. due to being disabled, i have a van. but i dont travel much, so i use little co2 compair to others. my annual average distance i travel is around 2000 which according to one site indicates that i creat about 2060 pounds of co2 a year. I bought used so there was no cost in creating a car just for me. i have a small home and use all energy efficent appliances, including miniflorance lights which use about 1/4 others.

in otherwords i creat as little co2 as i can get away with. if i learn more ways, ill use them when i can afford to.

this means im less of a part of the problems than someone that drives a high powered car (jag).

i have yet to see a vehicle that does not require some kind of energy to creat. unless that sail boat is made of wood, it was created using heat and chemicals that required energy to make. that means you created several tons when you had it made for you.

also, unless you live right on the ocean, or lake that you sail on, that means you spend a considerable amount of energy to get to the lake or ocean to travel in it.

YET, you claim to be a chapion of the global warming threat. eek you claim to be someone that is doing what you can to reduce it. eek you claim that its other ppl that are responsible. confused before making these claims, you need to reduce your own creation of co2. :rolleyes:

#6599 04/24/06 11:52 AM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"you claim that its other ppl that are responsible"

Please see if you can purchase a synapse, or at least borrow one for a day or two.

Everyone is reponsible you! Everyone! Which part of that don't you comprehend?

It is easy to see why this planet, after millenia of "progress" still is one in which petty nonsense turns into bloody wars. Dehammer can't even understand the simple concept of privileges and rights requiring responsibilities.

DA Morgan
#6600 04/25/06 04:56 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
DA Morgan
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2006 06:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone is reponsible you! Everyone! Which part of that don't you comprehend?

It is easy to see why this planet, after millenia of "progress" still is one in which petty nonsense turns into bloody wars. Dehammer can't even understand the simple concept of privileges and rights requiring responsibilities.

yes it is easy to see, ppl like you claim everyone else is responsible, but refuse to accept their own fault in it. as i said, i do what i can do to lower the polution i creat, but if your driving a jag and bragging on having a sailboat, and all the other things your claiming, your obviously not doing a single thing to reduce the polution, instead are creating more, all the while, claiming that you are not doing anything. its the stupidity of ppl like you that are the primary problem. bush and his crownies could not do anything if it were not for ppl like you.

i am very aware that ppl like you believe that you are too privilaged to be responsible for doing anything but telling others to do the work of fixing things.

i am also aware that the "problem" of global warming began long before man could do anything about it. i am also aware that, based on evidence gather by ppl you claim are not real scientist, ie. geologist, that the earth has gone though several interglaceral periods that have done exactly what this one has.

in other words, what sums up you, is that you are someone that loves to try to insult and put down other ppl so that you fill more important. man is not the entire creator of this interglaceral "global warming" nor he the primary contributor to it. man can TRY to keep species from dying off due to the change in climate, and he could, if there were more willing to do somthing other than talk about it, could save some of the ones hes killing, BUT he cant stop evolution, he cant stop the interglaceral period from continueing, and he cant be completely responsible for what is beyound his control. ppl like you are unwilling to let others not take resonsibility esp for the things he has no control over. AND more importantly, your not willing to foster off the responsibility for your own actions onto other ppl.

#6601 04/25/06 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, now we all had our chance to exchange insults and innuendos, let's get back on the science track. I would hate to have to start cutting you for problem behavior. I do have a very sharp knife and I will use it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled science forum.

Amaranth

#6602 05/02/06 06:46 AM
J
J
lmao, i knew it, Every rose has its thorns.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.