Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#6112 07/14/06 07:05 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
interesting concept, care to expand on it?

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#6113 07/14/06 07:13 AM
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Reasonable enough that I'll give you a peek under the covers of my thinking.

I think we need one spatial dimension that is disconnected from space-time and stands on its own. One place that an entity can be in which the concept of time is irrelevant.

If such exists it solves numerous problems in physics. The slit being one of them. But another being the old "spooky action at a distance" conundrum.
You have got it!!!! I have done the calculation for an electron. Within the "essence" of the electron wave you have a four-dimensional Euclidean space; and therefore time does not exist within the wave. The wave is in "immediate" contact with itself no matter how large it is or how small it is. The latter is determined by the boundary conditions. The free electron can then be modelled as a localised wave that forms within the field of a virtual positive charge, which is present along the fourth spatial dimension. Therefore the wave is localised even in free space. Furthermore, the rest mass of the electron is then nothing more than the potential energy of an electron that is stationary within its proper inertial reference frame. Furthermore, since the electron is a dipole along the fourth dimension, there cannot be an electric-energy field around a solitary electron. Renormalisation is not required. In addition there is an extra energy component along the fourth dimension which could be the dark energy we are looking for. When accelerating the electron the electron charge and the virtual charge do not cancel the electric field in three-dimensional space anymore; therefore EM radiation is generated.

AS you can see I am in total agreement with your postulate that there is a fourth spatial dimension. Outside the "essence" of the electron wave time exists. This is most probably so because the fourth dimension is now not perpendicular to our three-dimensional space. I believe that this bending defines a three-dimensional surface which constitutes "our" three-dimensional vacuum (space).

I will be away for two days. If you want to take this discussion further, and I hope you will be, then I will respond at latest on Sunday.

#6114 07/14/06 04:10 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I'd like to take it further ... but not here at SAGG for what should be obvious reasons.

Contact me directly: damorgan@x.washington.edu

Replace the "x" with a "u".

BTW: I will be in Minneapolis-St. Paul next week teaching classes and lecturing at a conference so I may or may not have time to respond.

DA Morgan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.