Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Have we finally imaged light behaving like a particle and a wave at the same time?

http://m.phys.org/news/2015-03-particle.html

One chance at the holy grail of light as both particle and wave.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Nice one AR11; you have just reminded me of what the "S" in SAGG stands for. I've been trying to find a way of spelling politics with an S. smile

I particularly like the video. The whole thing needs some thought, and hopefully some discussion.

My initial feeling is that, like quantum teleportation, there is a serious caviat in there somewhere. I'll be fascinated to know what others think.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I’ve been looking for clarification: The waves in the picture are undoubtedly light, but are the “particles” photons or electrons, or are they photon and electron wavefunctions mutually interfering?

Does it depend on your interpretation of the experiment?

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokĀž»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.