Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56304 08/17/16 07:09 AM
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Sorry I've been gone. In late April I came down with pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days. Since then I've been out and on supplemental Oxygen 24/7. I haven't felt too peppy. I will try to ride herd on the forum better. Seems like the forums have died down a bit. Hope to revive them. Be good to each other.

Amaranth

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Sorry to hear you have been down. I hope you make a complete recovery soon. That's a long time to be down.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Hi Amaranth. So sorry to hear about your ill health. I hope you will recover fully very soon. I'm afraid I have contributed to the lack of posts recently; fortunately not due to partiticular ill health on my part. Hopefully, I'll have a bit more time soon, and will try to make some contributions.

Take care of yourself. Best wishes.

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Amaranth Rose II, did we just hear you tell us:
-----------------------------------------------
Sorry I've been gone. In late April I came down with pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days. Since then I've been out and on supplemental Oxygen 24/7. I haven't felt too peppy. I will try to ride herd on the forum better. Seems like the forums have died down a bit. Hope to revive them. Be good to each other.

Be assured, already I am already thinking about ways I can be of help. Meanwhile, I will tell you some things I have learned from reading the writings of the great neurologist, DR.NORMAN DOIDGE--He wrote about The Brain That Can Heal Itself.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
Megastar
ANYONE, IF YOU CAN GET IT, THE FOLLOWING LINK IS WORTH EXPLORING:
---------------------
http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php?conversa...redibility.638/

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
Megastar
IT SEEMS THAT PHILOSOPHY, THE SCIENCES & THE ARTS are now beginning to integrate--guided by G~O~D as the PNEUMA (Spirit) at work within, through & around all who choose what Jesus--in his great Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5-7) taught us about the GOLDEN RULE way of agape-LOVE
----------------------------------------
http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php?threads/...n-the-art.2847/

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
IT SEEMS THAT PHILOSOPHY, THE SCIENCES & THE ARTS are now beginning to integrate--guided by G~O~D as the PNEUMA (Spirit) at work within, through & around all who choose what Jesus--in his great Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5-7) taught us about the GOLDEN RULE way of agape-LOVE
http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php?threads/...n-the-art.2847/
G~O~D.
Note my use of 4 basic colours:
Am1. Blue,
Know2. Golden
Do3. Red &
Grow4. Green
------------------------------------
Try it as a helpful mantra!

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/24/16 09:10 PM. Reason: alway useful!

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php?threads/neuroplacticity-the-brain-that-changes-itself:
-----------------------------
BTW, in my early 30s I remember watching my children grow, and witnessing how quickly my daughter & son learned the art talking & walking.2847/
They had a similar experience with music and other arts.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
geez... try caprylic acid next time , thats what I do
whenever I get a cold or pneumonia.

you just look up the life cycle or cell division time of the bacteria that caused it , tuberculosis is 15-20 hours for instance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycobacterium_tuberculosis#Evolution

I use a small coffee bean grinder and will usually grind up
three of the 365 mg tablets the first dose and mix it in a
glass of water, then sip on it , making sure that my mouth
and throat get a good drinching.

caution.. it will instantly kill any bacteria lining
your throat exposing the flesh that the bacteria had
been feeding on and this exposure to the caprylic acid
will cause the flesh to burn slightly for a few seconds.
this burning feeling is only felt the first dose however
so its well worth it to me.

then for example if the cell division time is 15-20 hours
I will decrease the dose to 2 tablets and take the next dose
in 14 hours , and follow this until I have no symptoms then I
can stop in a few more days.

normaly if its just a cold I will only need to take 2 for starters then 1 for a day or so because this stuff is really
hell on bacteria.

I normally take a probiotic a hour or so after each dose
because this stuff just kills all bacteria it comes in contact
with.

oh well , hope you can recover and feel better soon.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm getting better. Getting used to getting around with an Oxygen tank in tow. So far I've made it to the grocery store and a couple of restaurants. It's getting easier to deal with. I'm still late for church but working on that aspect. Getting somewhere on a time schedule doesn't come easily to me anyway and getting to church on time is a bit harder with having to deal with the Oxygen tank, but I'm getting there. Just takes 5 minutes more to get anywhere and I haven't got that worked into the schedule yet. I will succeed.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Keep working on it. It sounds like a real problem and I hope you manage to work through it.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Is the oxygen tank a permanent feature, or will you be able to get rid of it in time?

There never was nothing.
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
They are acting like the Oxygen tank is permanent. I am getting around at home on a 50' cord and have a portable tank carrier for getting out and about. So far I've been to the grocery store and church with it. It's clumsy but manageable.

I'd like to get off of it, it's costing me a bundle of money every month and I don't have it to spare.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.