Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
As explained in the gravity assist link the body has to be rotating/moving faster than the spaceship speed for the assist to work.

I dont think so , orac.

2 x U + V does not rerquire that V be lower than U

it only states that the initial V will be increased by 2 x U

Originally Posted By: THe Gravity Assist Wiki Article
An interstellar slingshot using the Sun is conceivable, involving for example an object coming from elsewhere in our galaxy and swinging past the Sun to boost its galactic travel. The energy and angular momentum would then come from the Sun's orbit around the Milky Way.

you were wrong about the rotation.
you were wrong about the speed requirements.
you were wrong about you being smart.

so obviously the rest of your post was also wrong as usual.

so if a spaceship were traveling at the speed of light
as it approached our sun it would accelerate.

when it accelerates it will be traveling faster than

the speed of light.

so the astronaut would get younger.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Only in Paul godly physics (TM).. my care factor is ZERO smile

However again all you can do is offer some stupid personal attack, which coming from a religious fruitcake and his dinosaurs on Noah's Arc, doesn't really concern me. Please don't for a minute think I give a dam what your personal opinion is, I don't rate it high enough to care. laugh

Now as Bill S has said this is all off topic, and taking on a very familiar theme .. start your own thread if it matters to you and stop interrupting Bill S's.

You are now on ignore to me Paul .. please don't bother directing posts or discussion at me, you now have Marosz status to me.

AR2 this is clearly just another attempt to derail a thread by the religious fringe and stop actual discussion. Clearly the discussion is not on topic and Paul has been informed of that in multiple posts. Most of the posts appear to be nothing more than a rant at me, which is fine I have thick skin and don't mind giving a bit back. However we should not have to wade thru this trash just to have a normal discussion. You will note the above post takes up half a page and isn't remotely on topic, about some claim by Paul that we aren't interested in because basically it's too silly to bother with. For now I will just place Paul on ignore like I do Marosz to try to avoid further distractions to Bill's thread. However if it continues I will ask you start treating them like Marosz posts and take action.

Last edited by Orac; 06/06/16 06:04 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
fruitcake

I don't know if "fruitcake" carries the same implication on your side of the Atlantic as it does here, but it might be best avoided, anyway.

I don't think there is much of a thread to disrupt. smile I have what I was looking for from it, thanks. OP out.

There never was nothing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.