Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55541 02/21/16 06:46 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
The latest Scientific American (March 2016) has an interesting article on the conflict surrounding the announcement of Homo naledi. The basics of course are that Lee Berger of the University Witwatersrand and his colleagues found a large collection of hominid bones deep in a cave in S. Africa. After studying the bones they proclaimed that they were the bones of a new species of Homo. They also claimed that they were closer to the line of Homo sapiens than many other fossils that have been found in East Africa. This created a lot of counter claims from other respected paleontologists. This article describes the controversy fairly nicely. I recommend that anybody who is interested in the descent of man read the article just to get a feeling for the controversy.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Bill #55543 02/21/16 07:11 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Thanks for that tip, Bill; I'll try to get my hands on a copy of SA.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.