Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 115 of 120 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 119 120
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
????, I just lost my be-numbed mind and I do not even miss it.
Pretty much what I was referring too when I mentioned your lack of connectivity to the 3rd dimensional reality.
Please, do not waste your time trying to get my attention.
I really don't have to try...
Any response to the ad hominems you cast upon myself, or any mention of the disconnect with reality in the loss of your mind are instantaneously met with more of the same references to the past comment of another poster to try and bolster your hatred for all things not G~Õ~D-like, or your campaign for self recognition (being that you have been ignored 8 million times by those who do not respond to this thread).

You really should try living in a world that is not solely within the bubble of your own beliefs and opinions.
I think that was the gist of the moderators response when you went whining to them with the order to force members of this forum to reveal their private lives and interests to you, so that you could make comparisons and judge everyone against the ideals you maintain, in the hopes of keeping a polish on the self made badge you want to wear, exemplifying your self, and your G~Õ~D.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
Megastar
Orac, Bill S, Bill Gill, Samwik, Moderators and any others: HELP!!! A poster, who posts to my threads and uses mostly totally boring and mind-numbing syntax, insists on having my attention, which, at this point, I have no intention giving.

Why? Because, this is driving away traffic from threads of mine that still have large numbers of hits--one now has nearly 8,000,000 hits. However, readers I know of will usually not stay on to post after they have read what JJJJ T T writes.

ANY SUGGESTIONS--other than my leaving SAGG as Ms Ellis and others have done--WHAT I CAN DO?
BTW, I will call her/him ???? The Troll
HER/HIM Posts no topics that I know of.
===========
Basic profile of The Troll:
Member #: 2115 Megastar Total Posts: 1116
Registered on: Thu Jun 19 2008 12:28 PM
About Me
Hobbies: spinning navel lint into infinite dimensional universes and potentials
========================================

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Pitiful that you think I'm the reason no one responds to your posts, and that you can't on your own, write anything that has any interest to anyone else, without first clearing out any opposing thoughts or interests that steal the thunder from your special opinions and beliefs.

Perhaps you need to create your own webpage where no one has any ability to state their own opinions and beliefs.
You could post your personal history, and your special opinions and beliefs without fear of any opposition to the main body of interests you have, in making it all about you.

Oh and some food for thought. Ellis didn't leave because of me (if she left at all). Gallant of you to jump to her defense and others in suggesting I'm the sole reason for anyone losing interest in your needs for attention.
Though you're insisting that her main interests were all about you and your posts, I'm sure she had more than enough room on this forum to wade thru the many topics I never ventured into, without bumping into my comments regarding your psychological fixation with your opinions and beliefs.
As I remember she made it quite clear that she actually let the ignore button work for her and never saw my posts after engaging the option. She seemed quite content having made the announcement and never complained or whined like you insist on doing.
Unlike you.., (whilst making the claim to ignore me) further engaging me at every possible entry with your ad hominems to the point that I make in reference to the repetitive announcements of your special opinions and beliefs, she seemed stable in her self and her position.

You should try some of that self hypnosis or will power that you preach to others about, in hopes of calming yourself and removing yourself of any obsessions you have in regard to others that don't meet your expectations.

Superstar
Superstar
Rev--
I think you are making much ado about something that should be nothing. When you post in an open forum you can expect any and all members to reply. If that reply doesn't please you, you can reply to it or choose to ignore it. I don't think anyone is scaring off any posters in this forum. Perhaps the degree of interest in the topic has been exhausted. If your posts are not attracting attention from anyone else, maybe you should consider the nature of your posts and adapt accordingly. I will venture to say that the majority of posters in this forum are not interested in discussing the kind of intimate details you seem to enjoy sharing. Perhaps you could post a note about the characteristics of another religion, such as Islam or Judaism, and invite comment thereon.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I can add that perhaps you should be thinking: G~Õ~D
Great-Omni-Dazzlement!GeneratesOrganizes&Delivers wink

After all that's what you preach to everyone else.

Instead you express a belief that you are a victim to circumstances and evils outside of any G~Õ~D.

Don't you find that a bit hypocritical?

Good G~Õ~D man, have some willpower to give thanks to all that is in all that comes to you, rather than continuously whining about anything and everything that isn't G~Õ~D, and has more power than your G~Õ~D, which obstructs G~Õ~D, from making you the center of reality.

You're examples of victimization and the need to attack are reminiscent of the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and the religious witch hunts of the past and present.

You aren't setting a very good example for your image of G~Õ~D, yourself or any association to the church of G~Õ~D that you supposedly represent.

Like Rose implies, perhaps you have nothing to offer that is other than the repetition of self interests, coupled with the insistence that others comply to your beliefs and opinion. That and your derogatory remarks to anyone or anything that gets in the way of making that the reason for you, or anyone else being here might be the reason 8 million views of this thread haven't Generated~Organized~or~Delivered anything new to this topic without you twisting it around again and again to highlight your personal life history and your special beliefs and opinions.

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 05/06/14 02:56 PM. Reason: G~Õ~D made me do it

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
Rev--
I think you are making much ado about something that should be nothing ...
"nothing" you say. And I certainly agree with you. That is precisely what I learned from checking the comments of ????, I learned, NOTHING!

As you know, I have let it be known--in the hope that, now and then, I might possibly find at least two or three worthwhile pieces of knowledge, or even wisdom--that I would, now and then, ignore the ignore button for a few minutes, which I did now and then.

However, obviously, my hope was a forlorn one. Therefore, thanks to your comment. From now on I will not waste my time! Thanks for helping me be cool

Meanwhile, I am having all kinds of fun with other friends at SAGG. Also, there are any number of forums like WonderCafe, Progressive Christianity--non-theistic religion.

I especially like the Group for Christian Hypnotherapists--an open-group at Linked-IN and FaceBook (unitheism) etc. All include Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Agnostics/Atheists, whatever.

BTW, I should mention--the group at Linked-IN is very open to Unitheism and want to explore the use of Pneumatherapy--the pastoral use of hypnosis.

Naturally, I spend a lot of time on the phone--helping counsel clients of flfcanada.com
--many affected by fears, panic and depression attacks. Our medical consultant, Dr. Zoltan Rona is a great help

http://www.mydoctor.ca/user/ASP/about.asp?id=2509

Twitter:
@zoltanRona

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/06/14 08:46 PM. Reason: a

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Funny how the most simple cry for help offers a new perspective in how ones suffering is simply made up in ones own mind.

One minute your losing friends who you imagine have a similar interest in repetition and personal glory, and the next it was all a mistake and you realize your having gobs of fun with your friends.

Guess you can't really learn anything when the cup is full and there is no room for anything other than the panic created around ones own delusions in reality. blush

Glad the moderator was able to save you from yourself rev. wink

If anything you learned that it's a simple matter of opinion why someone might not share your view of why no one responds to your thread.(being that you can't seem to get a witness.. laugh )
One minute your glorifying the eight million hits and claiming they all read the content, and the next your complaining that I'm the reason no one replies. sick
Perhaps with the alternate viewpoint made by the moderator you might see its not what you thought (as was noted by you) but possibly the worn and repetitive self aggrandized political approach to the sale of your personal opinion, beliefs and self appointed titles of accomplishment (as suggested by other opinions).

I guess as long as you like to promote democratic rule, you could turn this to the favor of your first opinions of how evil and vacuous I have become in sucking all success from you into the black hole of vagueness, since I refuse to offer you any background that you can present to homeland security in hopes of having me removed forcibly from the forum, by simply gaining a few votes in favor of overturning the moderators point of view.. eek
The good news is, that you can still imagine that all those visits result in glorious review of your self proclaimed images of personal invention and claim to fame.
No one can take that from you... You might as well hold onto that one for as long as your are transitioning into the 4th dimension and counseling so many who are still living in the 3rd dimensional reality. You can at least offer the experience of imagining all that is Good~Organized and Delivered by the dazzling omnipresent deity you made up, even tho you found that it is so lacking in the isolated confrontations with those who might refuse to offer themselves in sacrifice to the alter of Rev. Lindsay King.

You could have had a great career in politics. It's pretty close to the same characterized approach to selling yourself as the voice of God.. or, in your case, wink the voice of G~Õ~D. whistle

I imagine you miss the good ol' days when the pharisees and sadducees just put a hit out on anyone who disturbed the continuity of personal fame and glory within the ruling class of the church, having any perpetrator of obstruction with policy beheaded or crucified for the good of the pastoral image. mad

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 05/07/14 03:38 AM. Reason: You can learn something new from every experience

Megastar
Megastar
The number of hits keep going UP! cool

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Must be all those colourful emoticons!

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Or the rev. checking to see if anyone will ever notice him, or anything he writes about himself. whistle

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

==============================================================
Bill S: Thanks for the attention-getting idea!

tired crazy sleep confused smirk whistle blush smile laugh

Megastar
Megastar
But serioulsy, Bill S: Here is a taste of Whitehead's philosophy and theology.
Quote:
Alfred North Whitehead
First published Tue May 21, 1996; substantive revision Tue Oct 1, 2013

Alfred North Whitehead (1861–1947) was a British mathematician, logician and philosopher best known for his work in mathematical logic and the philosophy of science.

In collaboration with Bertrand Russell, he co-authored the landmark three-volume Principia Mathematica (1910, 1912, 1913).

Later he was instrumental in pioneering the approach to metaphysics now known as process philosophy....
For more on this great thinker, check out:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/whitehead/
=========================
Quote:
5. Whitehead on Metaphysics

Facing mandatory retirement in London, and upon being offered an appointment at Harvard, Whitehead moved to the United States in 1924.

Given his prior training in mathematics, it was sometimes joked that the first philosophy lectures he ever attended were those he himself delivered in his new role as Professor of Philosophy.

As Russell comments, “In England, Whitehead was regarded only as a mathematician, and it was left to America to discover him as a philosopher” (1952, 93).

A year after his arrival, he delivered Harvard's prestigious Lowell Lectures. The lectures formed the basis for Science and the Modern World (1925).

The 1927/28 Gifford Lectures at the University of Edinburgh followed shortly afterwards and resulted in the publication of Whitehead's most comprehensive (but difficult to penetrate) metaphysical work, Process and Reality (1929c).

Together, his three books The Concept of Nature (1920), Science and the Modern World (1925) and Process and Reality (1929c) provide a relatively complete statement of Whitehead's mature metaphysical system.
===============================

6. Whitehead's Influence

Quote:
Unlike the logical apparatus Whitehead developed with Russell, Whitehead's attempt to provide a metaphysical unification of space, time, matter, events and teleology has been less than enthusiastically embraced by members of the broader philosophical community.

In part, this may be because of the connections Whitehead

saw between his metaphysics and traditional theism.

According to Whitehead,

religion is concerned with permanence amid change,

and can be found in the ordering we find within nature,

something he sometimes calls the “primordial
[from the beginning, original]
nature of God”
(1929c, 31, 32; cf. Pt 5, Ch. 2, secs 1-7).
In my opinion, what he had in mind was not a dimensional god-like personal being we call, God; but 'god' as process, G~0~D

--a process that is at work within, around and through human consciousness--the ability to WILL to do good, or evil.

When, as god-like beings, we choose to eschew evil and let the highest good be the goal we engage EVOLUTION as a partner. This power will, with the help of science, enable us to start Gently Opening Doors to the future. smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/23/14 10:24 PM. Reason: Good Idea!

Megastar
Megastar
Bill S, you are probably right.

But seriously, have you had the time to take a look at the brief quotes--Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, http://plato.stanford.edu/ --which I sent you about the work of Alfred North Whitehead ?

Megastar
Megastar
Bill S, you are probably right.

But seriously, have you had the time to take a look at the brief quotes--Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, http://plato.stanford.edu/ --which I sent you about the work of Alfred North Whitehead ?

Bill S, as of Mon Jun 02 2014 04:08 PM this thread I set up using the name, Turner, has now reached 2,292 pages and 8,017,954 hits.

------------------

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I'd say with as many times as you've turned the conversation towards how you started this thread, and making it all about you and your G~Õ~D, that it'll probably go to 9 million hits with the majority of the posts still being you own...

Well... Bill might make a comical comment that the colored smileys have more value than the content of this thread. wink

Megastar
Megastar

==============================================================
Bill S: Thanks for the attention-getting idea!

tired crazy sleep confused smirk whistle blush smile laugh
Thanks again, Bill!

Guess which emoticon is the jealous Grinch-like troll, Troll Troll. She/he chooses to remain invisible? smile The answer is, none of the above!

Not to worry! The gracious Pneuma just revealed the secret. It is the one sick and GREEN with envy sick SAD!

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/13/14 06:33 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Really?

Why would anyone be jealous of you having a need to repeat yourself, just to try and get attention?

I'm just stating the obvious rev.

The majority of the posts are yours.
You post to get attention (by your own admission)
You repeat yourself over and over again which would be obvious to anyone who read this thread. And the repetition is in regard to the G~Õ~D you fabricated as a special acronym, and the fact that you started this thread and it gets a lot of attention for the title. Yet without anyone actually responding to it, your need for attention turns anyone interested in the title away.. for the simple reason that the content fails to commit itself to the "Topic" referenced in the Title.

Unfortunately, anyone who speaks toward the truth of the above, gets labeled as a troll and or a psychopath.(Except for the moderator.. obviously you can overlook the same comments I made, when they are cast upon you by someone who can take away your privileges for bullying someone who posts a comment to the relative truths that are self evident wink )

I just don't find you to be a very sane person, nor a very good example of a person who would insist on waving the "reverend" title in front of themselves.

A certain lack of humility, and a narcissistic reverence for yourself kinda kills any attraction one might have to the topic, since it has been overwhelmed by your need for self validation, and the incessant ad hominem attacks on anyone who might want to bring this thread close to the topic intimated within the Title of this Thread.

Obviously the G~Õ~D you reference when you:
Think:Great-Omni-DazzlementOf Light, Generating Organizing & Delivering ALL-Good.. is very selective. Kinda like the God of the Jehovahs witnesses, which favors only those who belong to the Church, and are followers in selective belief systems, backed by title and references.

All else are found unworthy and troll like. cry

Sadly religionists fall far from the philosophies which inspired any of the religions past or present, for their need to organize God into a structure that suits the special interests of the few, rather than the source of all that is.

Megastar
Megastar
BTW, Bill S, I forgot to thank Orac for his contribution to this thread.

He and I have had some very interesting and helpful conversations--of the kind I respect and enjoy--in this thread.

But also in other threads, which he started.

ORAC, THIS THREAD HAS GONE BALLISTIC--FROM OVER 17,000 TO OVER 22,000 NEW HITS; and that is within a three-day span. WOW!

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/14/14 05:07 AM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

THIS THREAD HAS GONE BALLISTIC--FROM OVER 17,000 TO OVER 22,000 NEW HITS; and that is within a three-day span. WOW!

And yet no one posts anything new..
By the way, this is typical over a three day period.

In the last two months there have been two posts by Bill S (one to call b.s. on horoscopes, the other to make light of the possible attraction to smileys rather than the content of this thread) and one by the moderator, asking you to stop complaining to her in the incessant demands that people are required to follow your personal value systems regarding life inside Saggo, and outside of it.

That means there have been 450,000 hits (in those two months) with no comments other than those three (well excluding the dozen or so made by you claiming fame and glory over ownership of this thread, and the ballistic passing of 5000 disinterested viewers in three days),
and nothing has been posted to the subjective topic of the thread Title for much longer than that.

Don't know if 8 million passing viewers with no interest in the thread is anything to brag about rev. frown

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 06/14/14 02:21 PM. Reason: to add something to the thread no one posts on

Megastar
Megastar
SAMWIK, old friend:

Recently, after you read one of my posts in which I mentioned A.N. Whitehead, you, like others often do, sent me the following private message:

Quote:
I took a semester of Whitehead's Metaphysics, and have enjoyed life much more ever since. Hope you catch my brief reply to Paul, re: the elements into life question.

Get onto Facebook! We are friends there, but you don't reply there.

Check in monthly, or seasonally, at least!

~ Cheers, -Sam A. Mitchell (on Facebook)

Fire oxidizes carbon; Pyrolysis reduces carbon !
Sam has heard about the great success of this thread and now wants me to join him on FaceBook. Thanks, SAM!

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/14/14 10:31 PM.

Page 115 of 120 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 119 120

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.