Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bill S. #52742 08/07/14 05:44 AM
N
Megastar
Megastar
N
QUANTUM engine it is not CLOSED SYSTEM !!!

They repeated my test ( test I made in Poland 2012 )

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=52741#Post52741

paul #53129 10/06/14 08:35 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Just realised I didn't post the last verse.

As well as inventor sublime
He was a purveyor of rhyme,
Though bad was his verse,
And his scansion was worse,
His intention was surely no crime.

There never was nothing.
Bill S. #53135 10/07/14 07:13 AM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Oh Lord now the stupid pollack fool thinks his garbage has something to do with Quantum Mechanics ... if there is a god please save us now have mercy.

Last edited by Orac; 10/07/14 07:13 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Orac #53147 10/08/14 06:05 AM
Superstar
Superstar
Perhaps it is my mercy you should plead for. I have steadily removed his posts from all the threads he tries to invade for some time now. As long as he sticks to his own threads that he starts I will leave him alone. Maybe he will get the message and go elsewhere. In the meantime I hold the power of deletion over him. I know it's a tedious, thankless job, but someone has to do it. I check the forum at least twice a day. It's like trying to herd cats sometimes. laugh I post things I find that I think may be of interest to the general population of SAGG. Most of the action lately has been in the Physics threads, and while my father was a practicing physicist, I did not inherit his knowledge of the topic, so much of the discussion is new ground for me. I've learned plenty, but not to a level that I can myself challenge newton for his interpretations and beliefs. I keep hoping that he will learn enough to get off his ego-maniacal soap box and trundle away into the darkness.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I guess what most of us are wondering why even leave it that wide Rose. If you go to look for active threads you now have to scroll down thru countless threads started by newton which are nothing but the same stupid dribble opened under a new thread title. Surely he doesn't need more than one thread to discuss his chicken scratchings.

The number of threads he starts is actually as annoying as the posts off topic, which you are acting on by deleting them which is good and we thank you. Try looking down for active threads and see what we mean.

For me the posts list on screen 20 at a time and on average I am seeing 3 post topics by other people and 17 by Newton.

If I wanted to add something to a post thread say only 10 real threads ago I now have to go back 4 pages of listings.

I seriously think unless you limit him to one thread he can post in as it's all the same topic over and over anyhow. No one is seriously going to wade thru that much rubbish to look for topics that may interest them and why most of us have given up on the forum.

Last edited by Orac; 10/08/14 12:28 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
pokey #53153 10/09/14 06:41 AM
Superstar
Superstar
Discussion noted. Points taken. I will do more to protect the forum. In the meantime maybe we can post things of more general interest as well as heavy Physics, which is welcome but limiting. Some action on other threads would help the forum greatly. It has become a mainly Physics forum lately, and I think the non-Physicists among us are perhaps feeling a little left out. I would like to point out that there are other subjects besides Physics on this forum, and that people are welcome to post new topics in the other forums as well. We need more participation. I am ready to welcome any new posters that come along.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Ummm Rose this section is the physics forum so it's good it has only physics in it.

Not sure anyone looking for not physics would go into it or expect anything but physics in it smile

The general science forum is up a couple of forums and most are good about keeping to the right sections.

Last edited by Orac; 10/10/14 01:19 PM.

pokey #53165 10/11/14 04:13 PM
Superstar
Superstar
Sorry. I was using the term "forum" to include all the forums. People have been very good lately about keeping topics on the right forums, I applaud that. Just wishing there was more action on other forums so that more people would join in. I hope for more participation.

pokey #53166 10/11/14 04:23 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Perhaps it is interesting to look at the % of new threads in the latest 20 in each forum that have 0 responses.

Gen...25%
NQS...30%
SF.....25%
Ph.....40% (all Newton)
CC.....30% (1 Newton)

These figures suggest that, discounting Newton, the forum in which a new post is most likely to elicit a response is the Physics Forum.

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
Perhaps it is my mercy you should plead for. I have steadily removed his posts from all the threads he tries to invade for some time now.

As long as he sticks to his own threads that he starts I will leave him alone. Maybe he will get the message and go elsewhere. In the meantime I hold the power of deletion over him.

I know it's a tedious, thankless job, but someone has to do it. I check the forum at least twice a day. It's like trying to herd cats sometimes. laugh I post things I find that I think may be of interest to the general population of SAGG.

Most of the action lately has been in the Physics threads, and while my father was a practising physicist, I did not inherit his knowledge of the topic, so much of the discussion is new ground for me.

I've learned plenty, but not to a level that I can myself challenge newton for his interpretations and beliefs. I keep hoping that he will learn enough to get off his ego-maniacal soap box and trundle away into the darkness.
Amaranth Rose II, thanks for this useful information. Would that all posters--especially those who are skilled in philosophy, any of the sciences and the arts and who have lived interesting and creative lives--were as frank.

BTW, it is my opinion--which is what John Milton called,"knowledge (science) in the making"--that this could pump new blood, life and energy into SAGG; help make it a serious science forum, and prevent it from sagging.

To Bill S, Sam, Bill and others positively concerned about the future of SAGG let us give them a BIG YES and a smile
=====

The following famous words are often attributed to the Irish born, British and Liberal Parliamentarian, Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing." Allow me to paraphrase and use them in another context:

THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF IGNORANCE AND APATHY is for knowledgeable, scientific and optimistic men and women to stand back, do nothing and allow the cynics--those who say, "I don't know and I don't care" to be our social leaders.
=====
Mods, PS: If I can be of any help to SAGG getting the name out there, I will gladly take the time to contact science writers in the MEDIA, and scientists of whom I know something, feel free to ask!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
newton #53185 10/12/14 02:58 PM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
We get that you are crazy Marosz. No-one cares about your silly children drawings seriously why bother keep posting them?

You get that the kiddy drawings have nothing to do with the current conversation people are discussing. Most conversations follow logic something you and your drawings seem to be missing.

As poor as you may be in I am sure the there are Mental health service in Poland that can help.

Last edited by Orac; 10/12/14 03:04 PM.

pokey #53187 10/12/14 03:40 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I am aware that the medical definition of Munchausen Syndrome involves the invention and exaggeration of health symptoms, but all the Munchausen sufferers I have worked with have displayed symptoms which showed a striking similarity to Newton’s posting. In no way am I suggesting that there is any better response than ignoring his posts, but perhaps, as a person, he should be pitied rather than ridiculed.

There never was nothing.
pokey #53190 10/12/14 05:15 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I rest my case. smile

There never was nothing.
Bill S. #53193 10/12/14 07:21 PM
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I am aware that the medical definition of Munchausen Syndrome involves the invention and exaggeration of health symptoms, but all the Munchausen sufferers I have worked with have displayed symptoms which showed a striking similarity to Newton’s posting. In no way am I suggesting that there is any better response than ignoring his posts, but perhaps, as a person, he should be pitied rather than ridiculed.
Bill S, this is what I like to call a pneuma-psycho-somatic--a spirit-mind-body condition. More details, later.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Revlgking #53194 10/12/14 10:38 PM
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
I am aware that the medical definition of Munchausen Syndrome involves the invention and exaggeration of health symptoms, but all the Munchausen sufferers I have worked with have displayed symptoms which showed a striking similarity to Newton’s posting.

In no way am I suggesting that there is any better response than ignoring his posts, but perhaps, as a person, he should be pitied rather than ridiculed.
Bill S, this is what I like to call a pneuma-psycho-somatic--a spirit-mind-body condition. More details, later.
Allow me to put it this way:

1. We are pneuma beings--that is, we are self-created, or spiritual-based beings.

2. We have psyches (minds)--that is, brain-based computer-like mechanisms we use to organize life as we perceive it.

3. We also have somas (physical bodies), which we use to experience the physical dimensions we tend to call real life.
==============
Pneuma-psyche-somatic diseases, like Munchausen Syndrome, you mention, and addictions, are diseases we bring on ourselves. We can use willpower, the greatest human strength to deal with them.

Psyche-somatic diseases are those inflicted on us by parents, family, friends others and circumstances. To deal with them we harness the power of education.

Somatic diseases? Here we need all the resources of the somatic sciences.

PUT ALL TOGETHER AND WE HAVE HOLISM.

Bill S. #53195 10/12/14 11:14 PM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R

The ethics of such public speculation are at least dubious, but I hope people read and heed Bill's comment. Silence is golden.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
redewenur #53197 10/13/14 09:43 AM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
The problem was silence was achieving nothing. 2 years, hundreds of threads of the same trash and as Bill.S noted 40% of them were not commented on?

So exactly what did all that golden silence achieve?

Sorry you are try to apply normal logic to a person which does not have any normal logic.

Last edited by Orac; 10/13/14 09:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.