Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
MODERATORS ET AL:

As an old saying goes, FIGURES DON'T LIE; BUT, OBVIOUSLY, LIARS CAN FIGURE

I just checked the current stats on this thread: It tells us that at this point there have been

18 responses 655 views since this thread started a few days ago.

What are we to believe these figures mean? If they are meaningless, why are they published here?

Obviously one can imagine what the figures represent..

So far (if you bother to look) 10 of those responses are you, 6 are me, Bill asked a question which I highlighted in my previous post, and then there was one from the moderator asking you to control yourself and quit the ad-hominem attacks.

You can do the math, but you tend to embellish the numbers in favor of what you made this topic all about. Your post is all about how imagination makes you god-like, by imagining yourself as God. So I imagine in your imaginary world you look at the numbers in favor of something grander than what I would describe as fact.

I would really love to hear what that is. whistle

So getting back to reality.. there are 655 views and two responders (a question by bill, and a warning to you from the moderator) other than you and myself in the conversation we are having regarding your delusion, but then you don't count me as being a real person so that means 6 of those responses were made by someone that doesn't exist and you have posted to a non-person or to the forum regarding a non-existent person.... Yer a wacky kinda rev., rev..

Statistically speaking that means 655-18 posts which equals 642 that took no interest in the topic.. (unless you count the 100 that were actually you, coming to see if anyone posted). wink

At this rate you might be able to catch up to the 5000 hits between the posts to yourself regarding how many people came but didn't respond in the Philosophy of religions thread you are so proud of not having anyone post to.

So.. why is this in the science section of the forum? I know.. It must be because of the statistic gathering...grin

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Catherine, Warren, David, Matt, Bill, and all of you who got my recent post! Just as I predicted, eh? smile

What else can we expect from the anonymous one, who is afraid to post a topic of his/her own choosing and only knows how to spin navel-lint! SAD, very SAD!!! Is that the cry of a lost child, or a confused soul I hear?
=========

THE PRINT VERSION, IN CASE YOU WOULD LIKE IT:

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthr...amp;type=thread

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/12/14 04:53 AM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Superstar
Superstar
Don't get your knickers in a knot, Rev. It just means there are many lookers and few writers. Don't fret yourself, there aren't any posts being deleted or anything like that. It's just that most people are lookers, very few are willing to engage in an ongoing conversation.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Catherine, Warren, David, Matt, Bill, and all of you who got my recent post! Just as I predicted, eh? smile

What else can we expect from the anonymous one, who is afraid to post a topic of his/her own choosing and only knows how to spin navel-lint!

Sorry to contradict you again rev. but I have posted a topic of my own choosing.
More than one I think, but maybe you might remember:

"Religious people.. less intelligent than atheists"

As the topic title in the not quite science section

Perhaps Catherine, Warren, David, Matt, Bill, and all of those who you are seeking approval from in casting righteous judgment, might come to comment for themselves on the ongoing rev.elations wink in human value systems that you have set forth here at SAGG.
Such as:
1)How to measure the worth of a man or woman based on whether they can post a topic of discussion or provide a resume to the satisfaction of your personal needs.
OR
2) How to be god-like using the discernment of personal measures and beliefs, by gifting ones self righteousness and greater value than their fellow man based on title and circumstance..

I would imagine, to further imagine your own god-like qualities you have to set measures in comparison, using yourself as the hallmark, or standard supreme. whistle

Oh btw.. Amaranth posting twice (statistically speaking) is still only two responders and three replies or comments other than those posted by yourself in the now 816 views, since I don't exist...

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 07/12/14 03:02 PM. Reason: The Gift of Discernment allowed for additional information

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
AR II, BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT--technologically speaking, how the whole person can use and benefit, holistically, from the trance state.

About JIN ... a Bell Tell technician and GOD-blessed person. He came to visit me just today, just after 8 AM.

It was a leisurely visit. Jin, born in 1991, is now 23 and in his first job, which involves his visiting Bell Tell users--that is, those who use a wireless satellite system--phones, computers and TV. Within no time, and without charge, Jin made sure that all connections are working well and up to speed.

While checking my two sites--FLFcanada.com and lindsayking.ca--he expressed a real interest in the FAMILY LIFE FOUNDATION and the content of the programs mentioned on both sites.

With my love of chatting with anyone, and especially with young people, I jokingly said to him:

I know a lot about young people; after all, I started life as a baby (in 1930). And, like you, I was once young (in the 1940s and 1950s). We both had a good laugh.

We then went on to have an excellent chat about his personal life and his future plans. He told me about his plans to join the Toronto Police Department.

When I told him about my interest in philosophy, psychology, spiritual healing and the like, and how I got involved in mastering hypnosis and what I now I call 'pneumatherapy'--and the story of how it saved my daughter's life--he readily volunteered:

"Look, I've still got lots of time before I take off for my next call."

Then Jin--obviously a quick study--added:
Quote:
"Now that I understand the practical value of what pneumatherapy can do for people, if you have the time, would you mind giving me a demonstration of what it is you do.

"I would love to learn how I can use what you call your 'four-colour system of induction' to help me help myself do, in the future, the things that I plan and want to do with my life."

I agreed. And I was amazed what happened! In less than two minutes of deep breathing, which I guided him to do, he was in a deep trance-like state.

IN THE TRANCE-LIKE STATE

Over the next 15 minutes or so, I used the four basic colours--including short pauses--that are found in the rainbow and in all nature:

1. azure blue (like that in a clear blue sky)--meaning awareness
2. yellow (like that emitted by the golden sun, moon, planets, stars and galaxies) meaning knowledge
3. red (like the red magma under the skin of the earth and the red blood under the skin of the body) meaning power and action
4. green (there are many shades of serene greens, which cover areas of the mother earth ) meaning growth and healing.

Using the power of suggestion, I told him: To each colour you will attach the following meanings ... pausing in between thoughts, to think on what is said:
1. you are ...
2. you know ...
3. you do ...
4. you grow ...

Now personalize this by responding back to me--pausing to think in between each thought--I AM...I KNOW...I DO...I GROW. Get ready and, GO: " I am ... I know ... I do ... and I grow ..." This he said.

I concluded the session by saying:

THE GIFT OF DISCERNMENT, GOD, is now yours

You are now in tune and connected with, and surrounded by, what I like to call, GOD--the Gift Of Discernment. By this gift, you will be led to the people you need; to the people who need you; to the things you know that need to be done and will enjoy doing.

USING THIS GIFT OF WILLPOWER, you now have this god-like power. This power enables you to take personal responsibility for the person you are

1. the PAST--the person you were;
2. the PRESENT--the person you are, now, and
3. the FUTURE--the person you will be.

The future is not ours to predict.

However, by getting into our intellect--that is, our conscious and unconscious mind, including every cell of the brain and body, the future is ours to shape and mould.

At this point, I told Jin:
Quote:
Over the next minute or so, take three deep breaths and exhale. On the third breath, you will become fully alert and feeling that you have had a deep, restful and refreshing sleep.

Jin's final comment:
Quote:
WOW! What a wonderful and refreshing experience! It is something I will continue to practice, thanks!

===================
NOW, before he left, Jin surprised me by agreeing to offer himself as volunteer member of the FLF and be ready and willing to share what he learned with members of his family and his friends.

WELCOME TO JIN, OUR LATEST VOLUNTEER to the FLF
and to the work of the Family Life Foundation (FLF).

In closing, I mentioned THE INTEGRAL APPROACH TO LIFE, including my interest in the integration of Philosophy, Psychology, Religion and Holistic Healing.

When I told him about the practical value of knowing about the Integral Approach to living a life filled with meaning--part of the FLF program--he expressed a sincere interest in learning more about how somatology (physical matters), psychology (matters of the mind and intellect) and pneumatology (matters of the spirit) come together.

I concluded by mentioning one important book, the writings of the Rev. Paul R. Smith: http://www.revpaulsmith.com/ Click on writings and then, books.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/13/14 04:19 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
Don't get your knickers in a knot, Rev. It just means there are many lookers and few writers. Don't fret yourself, there aren't any posts being deleted or anything like that. It's just that most people are lookers, very few are willing to engage in an ongoing conversation.
My "knickers in a knot"? Thanks for your concern, Amaranth Rose II. All concern is now gone, especially after I read just few paragraphs of the review in The New York Times of the recent book, THE BRAIN THAT CHANGES ITSELF, by Dr. Norman Doidge, M.D.,
http://www.normandoidge.com/normandoidge.com/MAIN.html

It answers the question: What is the most important breakthrough in neuroscience in 400 years?

In his book, Dr. Doidge makes the point that our thoughts--obviously a spiritual and pneumatological phenomenon--can change the structure and function of our brains--even into old age (more to come on this theme).

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/14/14 04:22 AM. Reason: a

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
TO THE GENERAL SCIENCE FORUM
Of course I put a high value on moral and ethical scientists and the great work they have done and, I trust they, will continue to do in the service of human kind.

But we must not forget the prophets, philosophers, writers and poets--imaginative visionaries all--especially those who--often at great personal cost--helped mapped out the way to the top of the mountain.

And, to what I have already said here and elsewhere, I will add a link. It is to the well read book by the Rev. Norman Vincent Peale https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1134122.The_Power_of_Positive_Thinking

ABOUT NVP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Vincent_Peale
==========================

From the NEW YORK TIMES
Quote:
THE NEW YORK TIMES:
"The discovery of neuroplasticity, that our thoughts can change the structure and function of our brains, even into old age, is the most important breakthrough in our understanding of the brain in four hundred years."
And,
Quote:
“The power of positive thinking finally gains scientific credibility. Mind-bending, miracle-making, reality-busting stuff...with implications for all human beings, not to mention human culture, human learning and human history.”
Also check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Doidge

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/14/14 09:46 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
My "knickers in a knot"? Thanks for your concern, Amaranth Rose II. All concern is now gone, especially after I read just few paragraphs of the review in The New York Times of the recent book, THE BRAIN THAT CHANGES ITSELF,
Why would the concerns of someone else be relieved because you feel better about yourself? Wouldn't the concerned individual need to have a different experience of you before their concerns were gone?

Granted, I can see where you would imagine you might change, but being that you have boasted your mastery of hypnosis and you pretend to associate your work to some of the up and coming discoveries regarding neuroplasticity, (which by the way is not new, since it is the fundamental principal within Eastern Scripture concerning meditation and expansion of consciousness) you don't present yourself as the example to greater understanding, or the detachment from the judgments and prejudices of religious dogma.

As the example however, what you do seem to exemplify is changing belief. You worship and idolize your personal history and the foundations and principals upon which you claim as title, content and self worth.
Due to the repeated need to compare it to others, all foundations of thought are not elevated so much in the idea of expanding consciousness as suggested in spiritual science and neuroplasticity, but rather altered withing the same foundations and levels of thought as you change beliefs.

The awareness of yourself in relationship to reality remains at the same level of thought which keeps your prejudice and systems of measure and comparison at a constant. In other words you serve yourself rather than the greater Self in all that is. It's pretty evident in your repetitive claims to what you think is important to you, the comparisons you make to what might be important to others, followed by the ad-hominem attacks to anyone who takes any attention from what you think into an opposing thought. Probably why you insist all conversations remain within what you call a dialogue rather than a debate, so you do not have to veer from the subject of yourself and into other beliefs.
Also why your subject of philosophy and religion goes nowhere, since you steer all entries toward the attention of yourself and your ideals and beliefs in God (or in your case G~Õ~D or whatever special acronym you are using today).

Using the example for neuroplasticity, the evolving personality of a child.
When we speak of granting something to the mind such as you have done with your hypnotic disciple JIN, we could say that granting any quality in thought or habit not yet experienced is subjective since we know that all hypnosis is really self hypnosis.

All abilities of suggestion and belief must first be entertained and desired by the subject being hypnotized.

The hypnotist cannot impart their vision or experience thru suggestion. They can only suggest one release their own version and understanding of what is being suggested.

When it comes to children, if you were to suggest they become an adult, complete with the experience and knowledge of someone who has traversed the path of life they could only project from the imagination something they might have observed in others.

I suppose if you believe in past lives, one might bring forth the personality of an alternate life, however that would lead to another topic of conversation.

In Tibetan Buddhism, the concept of neuralplasticity has been around for far longer than Western science has recognized it – the term for it is le-su-rung-wa which means “pliability” -
It suggests that the mind can change and take another direction in awareness and experience. It does not however assume one can be imbued with experience or wisdom thru the blessings of someone who would wish to impart wisdom and understanding upon another. Especially another's wisdom and experience, since if it is not thru their own experience there can be no understanding in relationship to their purpose in life.

There is an organization in India called the "Oneness University" They charge individuals and pretend to elevate their members state of awareness and consciousness by setting them in rooms for hours a day meditating and observing subliminal videos of blessings coming from the feet of the guru to the disciple. They have an officer of the university who measures your state of consciousness before and after you attend. If they suggest you haven't elevated yourself to their satisfaction they put you in an isolation room for further baking, until they are satisfied you have achieved results.
All of this is relative to how the individual responds to the suggestion. But the reality is, it is impossible to impart what free will and evolution gives an individual when they apply themselves to their own desires.

One could say (and many do) that what is released within an individual is already there. The idea that the potential of "all that is" exists in everything is not that strange. However there is a reason the relative is what it is and that we are not all the same, or that everyone on the planet is not instantly emerging as a selfless scientific or spiritual genius. There are those however in this world who profess to being in the business of being able to turn anyone into just that.

Your hypnotic baptism is not that different from the dogmatic approach to relieving one of their sins using holy water in the church. One simply passes some blessed water over the forehead and instantly God forgives you of your sins and you are now ready to go to heaven (provided you behave yourself until that time).

Some say a new habit can be created in as little as 7 days when it comes to neuroplasticity, yet it also depends on how willing someone is to let go of the attachments to the foundations of the current running programs before a new habit can take hold. Generally speaking no two people are the same. Some evolve very quickly (those who have less baggage than others) and some very slowly. Typically older people are less likely to budge due to the imprint of habitual thinking.

Over the years, since I have been conversing with you, you have not budged from the position you have taken with me. It has been pretty much a need of yours to protect what is yours and to remove any obstacles in the way of presenting what is yours as supreme.

Just because you read an article that the mind can change, it (the article) can't be suggested as a miracle to alter the past, or what you will, into a completely different experience. To suggest such a thing is delusional.

You know, (or should know as a hypnotist) that most suggestions (if taken) are simply the ideas of those imagining what they have not achieved for themselves in experience and thru the application of thought (focus) feeling (experience) and action (taking direction from experience).

What neuroplasticity suggests, is that we are not genetically programmed to be what we are, and that we have the ability to alter habit and experience if we wish to apply ourselves to something.

Ya know there was a study done on people in relationship to IQ. It suggests that having a high IQ does not make for a successful personality. The ability to motivate ones self is not inherent to levels of intelligence.

People are always looking for the easy way out. Those who are trying to sell snake oil in the guise of science and spirituality come in all shapes and sizes. Unfortunately there are plenty of people looking to buy those miracle products and methods to seek the easy path to whatever their dreams may be.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
SAD TO SAY
Not much light to be found in the latest response to this thread. Just more
Quote:
... spinning of navel lint into infinite dimensional universes and potentials
by TT, the guru from,
Quote:
Everywhere and nowhere
BTW, mention was made of Buddhism--a non-theistic philosophy of religion--for much of which I have a great deal of respect. My daughter, Catherine, has been an avid student of Buddhist teachings all her adult life.

TESLA AND BUDDHISM
Nicola Tesla, the great inventor, was a devout Christian and the son of a member of the clergy. He also advocated that Christians and Buddhist could, and ought, to come together, holistically--working together, getting to know one another, and, with others, be willing to serve the ecological needs of mother earth and the needs of all human kind who live upon it.

He once said and wrote, "God has no dimensions..."--a point of view similar to that held by unitheists. Check out www.unitheist.org (Warren Farr and I will be updating this site).

To all people who love being open-minded and who have no fear of being open-faced community and fellowship builders, the welcome mat is out at our FaceBook group.

THE COMING TOGETHER OF LIKE MINDS IS HAPPENING
http://progressivechristianity.ca/prc/?page_id=6 with which the United Church of Canada is associated, welcomes Buddhists and similar positive religions to its conventions.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokĀž»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.