Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
GOD--this acronym in this thread is not to be confused with the proper noun, 'God', which is used to translate the Hebrew ELOHIM of Genesis 1:1. Confusingly, in Genesis 2:4b, the Hebrew is ADONAY(Lord)YAHWEH--the translation is 'Lord God'.

The 'God' of the Bible and the monotheist religions is offered to all as the One True God. As a child (born in 1930) and a youth I was taught to believe in God as God the Father Almighty of all human kind and the creator of all things.

As a teenager (1943-1949), when I asked my minister, who made God? He said: We must, without evidence, other than creation, simply believe, God is.

Later, as student for the ministry (1947-1953), and a young adult, I developed the opinion that this idea of 'god' is TOO small for me.

ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTICS
This is why all atheists say that, faith alone is invalid. Unless there is provable evidence, we reject the 'god' of theism. For the same reason, He is doubted by agnostics.

In this thread, the acronym GOD stands for the Gift Of Discernment. Being willing to receive this gift will help anyone to be god-like human beings. BTW, SCIENCE without GOD--the gift of discernment, there would be no GOD--this acronym in this thread is not to be confused with the Biblical 'God' of monotheism, who is the so-called supernatural being believed in by most devout theists and rejected by atheists--[u]which stands for the Gift Of Discernment and helps us be god-like human beings. SCIENCE. Without GOD--the gift of discernment, there would be no science, no philosophy or no art, worthy of our trust.
Quote:
It is the discernment of place, of time, and of person that the inferior artists fail (Macaulay)

Quote:
They eye of the soul acquires a discernment whereby some can instantly read the character of others. (Cardinal Manning)

With the above in mind, think of this thread as an extension of the well-read thread on PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS ... which I started in 2007, using my wife's maiden name. It is also the name of my son, Turner. Statistic in Not-Quite-Science tells us there are now over 8,180,000 hits
======================
to discern
to perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see clearly, recognize, distinguish or apprehend: Not till there was enough light were they able to discern a sail on the horizon.
to distinguish mentally; recognize as distinct or different; discriminate: He is incapable of discerning right from wrong.
verb (used without object)
to distinguish or to discriminate.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English (< Old French ) < Latin discernere to separate, equivalent to dis-off away + cernere, to separate
==================science, no philosophy, no art or anything else worthy of our trust.
Quote:
It is the discernment of place, of time, and of person that the inferior artists fail (Macaulay)

Quote:
They eye of the soul acquires a discernment whereby some can instantly read the character of others. (Cardinal Manning)

With the above in mind, think of this thread as an extension of the well-read thread on PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS ... which I started in 2007, using my wife's maiden name. It is also the name of my son, Turner. Statistic in Not-Quite-Science tells us there are now over 8,180,000 hits
======================
to discern
to perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see clearly, recognize, distinguish or apprehend: Not till there was enough light were they able to discern a sail on the horizon.
to distinguish mentally; recognize as distinct or different; discriminate: He is incapable of discerning right from wrong.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English (< Old French ) < Latin discernere to separate, equivalent to dis-off away + cernere, to separate
==================

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/06/14 12:37 AM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
In this thread, the acronym stands for the Gift Of Discernment.

A gift implies both a giver and a degree of purposefulness. In your concept who/what is the purposeful giver?

There never was nothing.
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:

A gift implies both a giver and a degree of purposefulness. In your concept who/what is the purposeful giver?
=====
In my concept?
================
concept
noun
a general notion or idea; conception.
an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.
verb (used with object)
Informal. to develop a concept of; conceive: Experts pooled their talents to concept the new car.
Origin:
1550–60; < Latin conceptum something conceived, orig. neuter of conceptus (past participle of concipere ), equivalent to con- con- + cep- (variant stem of -cipere, combining form of capere to seize) + -tus past participle ending
Can be confused: concept, conception, inception.
==============================
BILL S, IMO HERE IS MY CONCEPT
============000000============
In my opinion, you are the who,
The one who does it all with you,
For you and all you choose to be,
As well as all you choose to do.
And I am happy so to be
the one who does it all with me,
With lots of help from G,O,D.
====================
Note: I did not say we'd be 'God', or even God-like.

With GOD, anyone, including atheists and agnostics can have the opportunity to Generate, Organize and Deliver that which is Good, Optimistic and Delightful--that is, practice the Golden Rule.

I have had chats with many who say to me: OK! If that is what you mean by 'god', I can buy that, so I will give it a try.
====================
BTW, have you heard about the recent book by Dr. Norman Doidge, M.D.?
It is THE BRAIN THAT CHANGES ITSELF.
http://www.normandoidge.com/normandoidge.com/MAIN.html

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/06/14 01:51 AM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
GOD--this acronym in this thread is not to be confused with the proper noun, 'God', which is used to translate the Hebrew ELOHIM of Genesis 1:1. Confusingly, in Genesis 2:4b, the Hebrew is ADONAY(Lord)YAHWEH--the translation is 'Lord God'.

The 'God' of the Bible and the monotheist religions is offered to all as the One True God. As a child (born in 1930) and a youth I was taught to believe in God as God the Father Almighty of all human kind and the creator of all things.

As a teenager (1943-1949), when I asked my minister, who made God? He said: We must, without evidence, other than creation, simply believe, God is.

Later, as student for the ministry (1947-1953), and a young adult, I developed the opinion that this idea of 'god' is TOO small for me.

ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTICS
This is why all atheists say that, faith alone is invalid. Unless there is provable evidence, we reject the 'god' of theism. For the same reason, He is doubted by agnostics.

In this thread, the acronym GOD stands for the Gift Of Discernment. Being willing to receive this gift will help anyone to be god-like human beings. BTW, SCIENCE without GOD--the gift of discernment, there would be no GOD--this acronym in this thread is not to be confused with the Biblical 'God' of monotheism, who is the so-called supernatural being believed in by most devout theists and rejected by atheists--[u]which stands for the Gift Of Discernment and helps us be god-like human beings. SCIENCE. Without GOD--the gift of discernment, there would be no science, no philosophy or no art, worthy of our trust.
Quote:

[quote]They eye of the soul acquires a discernment whereby some can instantly read the character of others. (Cardinal Manning)

Statistics in Not-Quite-Science tell us there are now over 8,180,000 hits
======================
to discern
Origin:
========
Without science, no philosophy, no art or anything else is worthy of our trust.
Quote:

Quote:

With the above in mind, think of this thread as an extension of the well-read thread on PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS ... which I started in 2007, using my wife's maiden name. I repeat, it is also the name of my son, Turner. Statistics in Not-Quite-Science tells us there are now over 8,180,000 hits
======================
NOTE: I have corrected a double post.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/06/14 02:12 AM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
think of this thread as an extension of the well-read thread on PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS ... which I started in 2007, using my wife's maiden name.
I repeat, it is also the name of my son, Turner. Statistics in Not-Quite-Science tells us there are now over 8,180,000 hits

The statistics you elude to don't reveal whether anyone actually reads your posts reverend. What the statistics reveal however, is that people come, click on the thread and leave without any response. Being that you are the one who reads it and posts on it the most, and since no one else posts, your advertizing of the thread is misleading. (You should have been a used car salesman rev. you have the knack for misdirecting the attention and stretching the truth. My guess is you've been doing it for so long you don't even recognize the vulgarity of your own smoke and mirror salesmanship. But then I doubt any shyster ever really had the same moral values as the average layman. Hence the vagueness of the personal ideal in speaking of value systems which refer to that which is good, or what is order. The disparity between man and the universe is as great as the historical and statistical examples of mans need to place his own ideals (regardless of his temporary existence) in front of a Universe which will prevail before and after his existence.)
Those who do read the thread are probably familiar with the repeated declaration that you started the thread, take ownership of it regardless of the fact that you started it with your wife's maiden name, and how obvious your need is that someone will take an interest in you advertizing your beliefs and your special acronyms, so that you can talk about yourself and your beliefs. shocked

Seeing as how statistics reveal a lack of interest in a dead thread, which still draws attention to the potential within the title but fails to commit itself to anything other than a spotlight on rev. lgk.. I'm gonna put my money on the prediction that trying to move yourself into a new thread with the same underlying trappings of the narcissistic psychological need to find anyone to give you attention, is just going to end up just like the thread with 8 million statistical indicators that doing the same thing over and over again doesn't lead to a different outcome. cool

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Bill S, et all: Hey! 128 views already, WOW! BTW, ugh, what is that diabolic stink I smell just now? Any idea?

Mods, is that allowed in the General Science Forum? sick Makes me feel like throwing up!

Maybe the stink is from the dead, dying and rotting bodies of all those unfortunate newly-hatched turtles--looking for daddy and mommy TT.

I assume most of them fail to make it to the ocean. Ah! Are not the inSTINKS of nature, governed by powerful and often destructive drives, awesome?

What is the name of the science, or sciences, which study such phenomena?
=====================
The hits have jumped from 128 to 153--within the last hour, WOW!!!

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/06/14 11:44 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

The hits have jumped from 128 to 153--within the last hour, WOW!!!
Any one of those hits respond rev.?

Statistically speaking a response usually leads to a conversation and some indication that there is an interest in the topic. If however (using the statistics mentioned regarding the thread with over 8 million hits) there seems to be 10,000 hits with no response other than you piping in to boast that someone stopped by without leaving a note of appreciation or disinterest, I would say all glories of one talking to themselves aboot (cdn lingo) themselves might not suggest any real importance in the numbers regardless of how many hits.

I guess the statistics just keep proving the same thing.
When it comes to the hypocrisy of religious advertizing, (hinting of a personal belief system related to the golden rule inclusive of self proclamations in righteousness as a prelude to the ad hominem attacks upon any opposing thoughts) there is the illumined and aged old story of the religious.. The delusion, "I as a man of G~Õ~D, can do no wrong" or "I am the light and the way?". crazy

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Amaranth Rose II, Bill S et al at SAGG: Before for I say more, I must not forget to thank whoever chose to to place this thread in one of the science forums.

BTW 1: Advocating for a scientific and evidence-based approach to spirituality and theology has always been the main goal of Warren Farr and me--join us on FaceBook--who are among the first advocates of unitheism. See www.unitheist.org

Quote:
I guess the statistics just keep proving the same thing.
When it comes to the hypocrisy of religious advertizing, (hinting of a personal belief system related to the golden rule inclusive of self proclamations in righteousness as a prelude to the ad hominem attacks upon any opposing thoughts) there is the illumined and aged old story of the religious...

The delusion, "I as a man of G~Õ~D, can do no wrong" or "I am the light and the way?".
PAUSE .... I will comment on this meaningless & crazy $#1t later, OK! ...
========================================
BTW 2, TT has often accused Orac and me--and no doubt others, like Ellis--of attacking his/her person, using ad hominems.

But his/her profile does NOT not make it clear that he/she is a real person.

TT's profile gives only the following info about location and reasons for living
Quote:
Location: Everywhere and nowhere ... spinning navel lint into infinite dimensional universes and potentials
And how come I cannot find one thread that TT has started? In my opinion, TT is a fiction, a sock-puppet, a bad joke! I rest my case!

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/08/14 04:13 AM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
TT has often accused Orac and me--and no doubt others, like Ellis--of attacking his/her person, using ad hominems.

But his/her profile does NOT not make it clear that he/she is a real person.

TT's profile gives only the following info about location and reasons for living
Quote:
Location: Everywhere and nowhere ... spinning navel lint into infinite dimensional universes and potentials
And how come I cannot find one thread that TT has started? In my opinion, TT is a fiction, a sock-puppet, a bad joke! I rest my case!

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the idea of an ad hominem rev. (but then religious folk often remove themselves from their own prescribed moral standards in light of their righteousness).

ad ho·mi·nem
[ad hom-uh-nuhm -nem,]
adjective

attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument, or addressing his conversation.

how come I cannot find one thread that TT has started? In my opinion, TT is a fiction, a sock-puppet, a bad joke!

The need to validate a person, by a referencing their personal resume isn't to get to know someone. Anyone can write a resume and embellish it with all kinds of ideas regarding past fame and glory. Because you are partial to self validation using such a means does not make the standard.
This issue was addressed by AR when you insisted she make me live up to your need to make my personal information available to you by suggesting she, nor any other would be forced to live up to your expectations on this forum.

MY testimony to free will rather than your will.
wink

I rest my case!

I hardly think so. The fact that you seem to have built a case around my character, based on a lack of personal information, leads me to believe your view of the Golden rule is to treat others as non existent unless they present a resume. whistle

I would risk the assumption that not all people see things exactly the same way. Your treatment of my responses based on your own opinions leaves very little room for a second opinion unless it happens to fall into the realm of your beliefs and prejudices.
You assume to make real a truth relative to democratic opinion based on your idea of who might take your side.

The heading of this topic is suggestive of godliness based on discernment.
The Buddhists use a term called mindfulness. It relates to the present moment and the potential within the now. You like to think of the now as whatever G~Õ~D like impression you carry whenever you make the statement toward the NOW. OR if we use mindfulness as exemplified by your special meanings.. WHATEVER your mind is FULL of.. MIND-FULL-ness. crazy

The Philosophies and observations of Eastern spiritual Sciences identify 7 states of consciousness. 3 are well known by most as sleeping dreaming and waking states. The other 4 are expanded states. Each state of conscious has a subjective and objective description of their qualities based on the activity of the physical body, the brain and the awareness. Most think the waking state superior to dreaming because the mind and body are both active, yet there are qualities within the dream state where the mind is freed from the conditioning of past impressions, and thoughts of the future lend the awareness to probable realities which can be experienced in the dream state.
It is somewhat close to what can be achieved in meditation, freeing the mind from the resume of personal ideals and dogmatic judgments of who we think we are, or what we think the world around us is.

You yourself suggest an idea. Discernment makes us god-like.

Discernment based on what you call the Golden rule.

Would that Golden rule be something other than the example you set for others in the use of ad hominems to attack a persons character because they don't present a resume?

Is the rule Golden if it is discerned by someone who calls themselves a rev. and does this title elevate a person above someone who does not carry the references in having been schooled in religion and beliefs in God (or G~Õ~D as you like to use your special acronym).

The fact that your special acronym changes in its meanings and qualities based on who you think you are and what you think you know in the change of time.., do you see discernment as having a standard or being qualified by time or personality, and who would create the standard.
Do you consider yourself an authority of the standard since you made the rule, or is this to be democratically derived?

Do you wish to use the references to the others of name and fame that you stand behind as the resonant disciple or exemplar, as the source of any standard you present, or are you and your sources basically born into saint hood and god-like status, when making claims to the example and to the names you reference within the community of scientists and authors you reference?

Did your method of belief lead you, (and could it lead others) to the experience of God (please define), or is the idea you really present, that anyone can be god-like and experience G~Õ~D by just assuming an elevated perspective of life and themselves, simply by making god up within the definitions of a single (or perhaps many) special acronym(s)?

I've often addressed your beliefs with questions like these, but since they expose the vague reality behind your claims to fame and your beliefs that you would prescribe as the righteous reality, but you would rather object to my presence and find any means to address my character rather than answer them... C'est la vie cool

You are the ad hominem exemplar when it comes to addressing the opposing thought.
You, as a religiously trained man excel in avoiding reality by living in a bubble of your own making as does anyone bound by the impressions of belief and subjective realities.
The waking state is ruled by the ego. It discerns reality based on personal impressions that are not the collective impressions of humanity or even bigger than the outer senses can imagine.

Truly, being God-like would have to be greater than just what you imagine, don'tcha think?

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
YES, VIRGINIA, there are readers other than the loyal ones at SAGG--Most of whom have been for better (and only one was for worse.Who was that ???? with the forgettable name?)no matter, I thank GOD for all readers. Now 10 recent replies and 400 hits. cool eh!
==========================
I am also happy to report, I just got several e-mails. For example, the following is from, David Walsh--an old friend and a successful Realtor, Toronto.

David is also a strong supporter of the Family Life Foundation type of programs to help the needy, he wrote
Quote:
Lindsay -

I did read your 'thread' and in spite of what the naysayer says in your thread, I like your concept'Gift Of Discernment' and appreciate you sharing this with me.

My own belief is that we will discover God if we follow Matthew 25 ... (Of course I checked it out in my Bible--GOOD NEWS Modern Version.)
David, I will get back to you and others, on my list, with more info about this new thread--and others you may want to check out.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/09/14 02:05 AM. Reason: Always helpful

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
DAVID WALSH AND OTHERS:

Thanks for your very positive, thoughtful and helpful responses to this new thread. Also, David, thanks for the comments you made about Matt 25. I have always found you to be a god-like person--one blessed with GOD, the Gift Of Discernment.

THE INTEGRAL APPROACH TO CHRISTIANITY--have you read about it?

Integral Christianity is all about the Spirit's Call to Evolve. you will learn about the book, INTEGRAL CHRISTIANITY by Paul R. Smith.

http://www.revpaulsmith.com/
Click on WRITINGS more than once and you will come to:
Integral Christianity: The Spirit’s Call to Evolve!

THE EVOLUTION OF ALL RELIGIONS into deeper, wider, and higher dimensions is crucial to the evolution of human spirituality and consciousness.

In this book Smith presents just such an inviting and expansive pathway for the Christian religion that is faithful to a Jesus-centered theology of biblical interpretation and illuminated by the emerging field of integral philosophy.

The perspectives of integral theory and practice articulated by Ken Wilber help uncover the integral approach that Jesus advocated and demonstrated in the metaphors of his time – and that traditional Christianity has largely been unable to see.

Smith incorporates elements of traditional, modern, and postmodern theological viewpoints, including progressive, New Thought, and emerging/emergent ones.

However, he goes beyond all of them and moves to a Christianity that is devoted to following both the historical Jesus and the Risen Cosmic Christ whose Spirit beckons to us from the future.

He says, "The oldest thing you can say about God is that God is always doing something new.

Jesus pushed his own religion to newness by including the best of its past, and transcending the worst of its present. He calls us to do the same, whatever our religion is today.

Jesus continues to be a prototype for all spiritual paths in their task of keeping up with the Spirit’s evolutionary impulse to welcome the next transcendent stage."
====================================
JESUS' CONTROVERSIAL DIALOGUE AT JERUSALEM -- John 10: 22-42

Please read the words of Jesus, carefully. Interestingly, as I read the words of Jesus in the Gospels, nowhere does he say that he, and only he, is The "Son of God", and others are not.

Quite the opposite! More than once he advocates 'orthopraxy'--that is, the doing of that which is good and true, not just 'orthodoxy'--the holding, often too rigidly, of generally accepted religious beliefs, dogmas and opinions.

Ideally speaking, we need to be wary of rigid, fixed-position thinking. To serve the highest good we need to have beliefs and actions working in harmony under the gentle guidance of agape-love (benevolent willpower).

BTW, David, thanks for making your comments openly.

Did you read where the mother thread, 'Philosophy of Religions, all Religions ...' now has well of 8 million hits?
Lindsay

Superstar
Superstar
Referring to stenches and dead turtles is not a good behavior. You seem as if you are spoiling for a fight with TT. Please refrain from these rather blatant ad hominem attacks or I shall edit your remarks. If you can't respect others who hold different views than yours, don't make disparaging comments about them.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
So why is this in the Science discussion section?

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
Referring to stenches and dead turtles is not a good behavior. You seem as if you are spoiling for a fight with TT. Please refrain from these rather blatant ad hominem attacks or I shall edit your remarks. If you can't respect others who hold different views than yours, don't make disparaging comments about them.
AR II, if you are wondering if I am
Quote:
... spoiling for a fight with TT?
This IS the last thing I have on my to do list.

From TT's posts, which I do TRY to wade through now and then, I get no idea of who he is. This, IMO, does not inspire having a dialogue, or even a debate.

I feel the same way about what you say are his "different views" of what. Will you--for sure someone other than TT-- give us an interpretation as to what are his basic views!

Meanwhile, if you don't like my "smelly" metaphor, feel free to send it to that metaphorical planet, far far away, which you have often mentioned. smile Sounds cool to me.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/09/14 09:24 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

From TT's posts, which I do TRY to wade through now and then, I get no idea of who he is.

This is important to you (who I am).. for what reason? Why am I or anyone more important than the topic of conversation?
Perhaps you should be posting a gossip column wink

This, IMO, does not inspire having a dialogue, or even a debate.

You won't have a conversation with a person without knowing all about them? Really.. As a preacher you must have screened your congregation before allowing them entry for the simple reason you wouldn't converse with them without a background check and a resume. frown

I feel the same way about what you say are his "different views" of what.

Doubtful..

Will you--for sure someone other than TT-- give us an interpretation as to what are his basic views!
Simply to speak to the topic at hand rather than use the topic to lead the conversation towards the advertizement of ones self. At least in the case of my posts toward the comments and topics posted by his holiness rev. king. smile

Meanwhile, if you don't like my "smelly" metaphor, feel free to send it to that metaphorical planet, far far away, which you have often mentioned. smile Sounds cool to me.

Actually I'd let it stand to exemplify the hypocrisy of the rev.s statements towards his religious beliefs and the claims he makes about following the golden rule.

As long as he wants to advertize himself on another thread, with the need to call out any opposing thought as a naysayer or an adversary, I think the more intelligent reader might find the hypocrisy entertaining.

As I said before, he's been deluding himself for so long he has no idea.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Quote:
................................................................................................................As I said before, he's been deluding himself for so long he has no idea.
Hypocrisy? From Anon it seems that all we get is the same old boring, brain-numbing and thread-spoiling ad-hominems. SAD! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/10/14 04:48 AM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

Think about it rev. A thread that draws no response other than my comments isn't being spoiled by my comments. It's lacking a point of interest.

In reference to the topic at hand, it seems by your examples we are defining the golden rule on your terms.

Do unto others based on whether you think they have value, are real and provide references to the quality of background and worth.
Being God-like based on a lack of definition of god other than your special acronym, would be relative to the personal ideals of that which is good orderly and desirable, or as stated in your latest description.. having the gift of discernment makes one god-like.
Basically anyone who can discern between two varying ideas has that gift, however since you are qualifying the worth of people (those that exist by providing references and those who don't exist because they do not provide references) it would seem that only those who have references qualify for the gift of discernment (god) quality.

I know its a stretch for you to take your attention from the mirror while looking at yourself and reveling in rereading all your posts, but if you could stay awake long enough to take a look at the world and the people in it, there is a wide diverse reality that could be touched upon regarding the reality of god.

I know its hard to leave the bubble of your own personal sainthood to mingle with the unknown reality of planet earth but that's what makes life so exciting. There's more to life out here and it seems to flourish without rev.lgk or the family of life foundation. Obviously the hand of God is bigger than you have decided to qualify as having value within a small canadian religious group and what you stare at for hours in the mirror, or re-read thousands of times upon visiting your posts.

Really.

So why is this topic in the science discussion section?

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
[quote=Revlgking] ZZZzzz ...
To which I now add,
Quote:
Wow! What a nice long sleep I had. I must not forget to thank ...what's-His/Her name? .... O yes, TT--for the nice rest.

Maybe TT, is a wannabe hypnotist, to which I have no objection. It shows in the way he piles so many words and ideas together, confusedly.

BTW, hypnosis--especially the progressive and positive method of self-hypnosis perfected by Milton Erickson--is a subject with which I happen to be quite familiar.
Beginning in 1965--until I retired, Jan 1, 1994--I regularly gave (I still do now and then) a series of lectures and demonstrations under the general title PNEUMATOLOGY--The study of the healing power of the Spirit (Pneuma)--in John 4: 24, Jesus defines 'god' as Pneuma.

They are based on the healing mission of Jesus--He told his followers to "preach, teach and heal." (Luke 9:1-6)

Over the decades numerous families, including professionals, students of all ages, including university students attended the lectures and came to consult me for special help.

Recently, Matt, to use his first name, told me he needs help overcoming his lack of self-confidence which, as a university student of business and finance, affects his ability to write strong business papers and letters.

Today, he came for his second visit. His father is in the software business and, obviously, would like his son to learn all he can about the role computers play in the world of business.

As part of his visit, I showed Matt what is going on at SAGG and other forums to which I write.

He expressed a real interest and said, "I will sure pass on what I am learning here to my fellow students in my course.
Quote:
Think about it rev. A thread that draws no response other than my comments ...
Your comments, the only ones made? Hmmm! Come now! Do you refuse to acknowledge that early on Bill S posted an important question, to me ...
Quote:
It's lacking a point of interest.
Not for, David Walsh, Catherine King Adams, Warren Farr, a prominent artist--we work together--and many others on FaceBook. Not for the National Post (which frequently publishes items I write, the CBC and other media ... who recently sent e-mails.

TT asks,
Quote:
Have you thought of asking AR II and Kate?
World Book Dictionary points out that psychology is the offspring of pneumatology.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

As part of his visit, I showed Matt what is going on at SAGG and other forums to which I write.

He expressed a real interest and said, "I will sure pass on what I am learning here to my fellow students in my course.

I've visited some of those other threads you claim to be so busy with and I found they are embellished with the ideas that you are popular along with your topics on the threads you advertize on those forums. Generally until people get a chance to see how you tend to repeat yourself, a few might respond in the beginning, and then they don't respond anymore, leaving you to speak to yourself and for yourself as you claim to be so busy in conversation with so many of your ideal friends here.

Quote:
Think about it rev. A thread that draws no response other than my comments ...
Your comments, the only ones made? Hmmm! Come now! Do you refuse to acknowledge that early on Bill S posted an important question, to me ...

Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:

Nope, he is one person out of 643 viewers, and he got an answer from you that pretty much mirrors the same things you claim have put you to sleep. The comments that I wrote back to you.
The fact that you preach that: "it is in the individuals own mind". What a gift is (by your definition), is what one can give themselves with a lot of help from G,O,D, (make up your own definition). Your words.

In other words, your response is that the gift is made up of fantasy with a lot of help from an imagined God of personal definition.

Quote:
It's lacking a point of interest.
Not for, David Walsh, Catherine King Adams, Warren Farr, a prominent artist--we work together--and many others on FaceBook. Not for the National Post (which frequently publishes items I write, the CBC and other media ... who recently sent e-mails.

They don't write here, and what you converse about with them is hearsay. Namedropping, pretending to know someone and embellishing upon what you make up in your mind does have a soothing effect on ones own mind, however when someone meets the real world and the make believe world of G,O,D, clashes with someone like myself, you fall asleep or sling ad-hominems. So I gotta state the obvious.
The make believe world only works when you stay there. When you come here and have to face the reality of a moderator of this thread or myself who will cross paths with your make believe world, you will have to run back to the make believe one to gain some temporary respite from the opposing thought.

TT asks,
Quote:
Have you thought of asking AR II and Kate?
World Book Dictionary points out that psychology is the offspring of pneumatology.

I think they could respond to my question if they were to take an interest to come and read this thread. Whether they respond to the question is not vital to my interests. People do what they will and I'm just curious why sometimes its a big deal and sometimes its not. Probably one of those mood things. You get a person on a good day and they are just fine, and on another day not so much.

http://pneumatology.askdefinebeta.com/
PNEUMATOLOGY
Extensive Definition
Pneumatology is the study of spiritual beings and phenomena, especially the interactions between humans and God. Pneuma is Greek for "breath", which metaphorically describes a non-material being or influence. World Book Dictionary defines pneumatology as "1. Theology the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. 2. The doctrine of spirits or spiritual beings, in the 1600s considered a branch of metaphysics. 3. pneumatics.

4. Obsolete word for psychology."

Pneumatology in Christian theology
In Christian theology pneumatology refers to the study of the Holy Spirit. The English word comes from two Greek words: (pneuma, spirit) and(logos, teaching about). Pneumatology would normally include study of the person of the Holy Spirit, and the works of the Holy Spirit. This latter category would normally include Christian teachings on new birth, spiritual gifts (charismata), Spirit-baptism, sanctification, the inspiration of prophets, and the indwelling of the Holy Trinity (which in itself covers many different aspects). Different Christian sects may have different theological approaches.

In discussing the idea of psychology as it applies to this thread, living in a make believe world does not lend itself to the discussion of psychology unless we discuss the benefits or detriments to such an approach as you take to life, in saying one thing and doing something else, as well as embellishing upon fantasy and delusion.

If we are discussing pneumatology as it is generally defined outside of the lgk fantasy, we would be speaking of spirit, Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost Non Corporeal reality etc. etc. and the association with the corporeal self.

It has been my experience that SAGGO hasn't been so generous to include these topics as Scientific or commented on how psychology and religion are connected to each other in that psychology has emerged from the study or experience of the non-corporeal.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
MODERATORS ET AL:

As an old saying goes, FIGURES DON'T LIE; BUT, OBVIOUSLY, LIARS CAN FIGURE

I just checked the current stats on this thread: It tells us that at this point there have been

18 responses 655 views since this thread started a few days ago.

What are we to believe these figures mean? If they are meaningless, why are they published here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.