Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
-What makes a any theory good?

1 Unifies prevailing yet presently incompatable theories, instead of adding one more incompatable theory.

2 Applies the smallest change to get the largest results.

3 Disprobable. A theory is useless if it cannot be disproven.[If I say the Universe dissapears every other second, and returns with no visible evidence, that would not be disprovable]

4 No reliance on major errors in observation or accepted theory.

5 No reliance on new forms of energy or matter.

6 No reliance on phenomenon unobserved and unneccesary by proven theory.

7 No reliance on paradoxical phenomenon. [for example: multiple universes, space surrounding the big bang "that doesn't exist", travelling in a straight line to end up where you started, or matter/energy creation from nothing]

8 No reliance on the creation of adjustable parameters.

Please see my theory:

http://higgs-gluon.com/

Crimestop means ..stopping short..at the threshold of any dangerous thought...not grasping analogies...failing to percieve logical errors..misunderstanding the simplest arguements..inimicable to [status quo].. protective stupidity.
George Orwell
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody:
-What makes a any theory good?

..........................>
>...........................>
Please see my theory:

http://higgs-gluon.com/
Congratulations.
Thats a nice well written theory.

The icing on the cake for you would be for the as yet undiscovered, Higgs Bosun to be detected and proven.
Although I suspect with the collosal energy required to display the Higgs, they would instantly disappear into the mini-black hole that was formed as a result.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Theory is a self-consistent mathematical model constrained by observation. Good theory is predictive, inclusive, and free of falsification. Theory written in the most natural way (often by greater abstraction, e.g. gauging) contrasts with theory reduced to the most elementary concepts.

Lightspeed, c, enforces maximum information transfer rate. Newton's constant, Big G, scales gravitation. Planck's constant, h, enforces uncertainty in measurement; h-bar is the fundamental unit of action. Taken together they define all of physics.

What you have,

"Space is filled with Higg's Boson, primordial particles, which individually are too small to detect."

is contrary to observation and absent all math. It is crap.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Mr. Peabody wrote:
"Recent experiments have created Electrons [Leptons] by pair production"

Anyone with even the remotest contact with serious science would know that statements such as this, without reference to a peer reviewed journal, are meaningless.

You don't have a theory ... you have a conclusion.

There are billions and billions of light-years separating the two.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, Mike kremer

The icing on the cake for you would be for the as yet undiscovered, Higgs Bosun to be detected and proven.

I believe It is detected, as Gluon. I believe it is inferred in dark matter and ionization of space.
It is observed in surface tension, and the behavior of crystals and the electronic state.

Pair production, the stretching and increase in mass of gluon resulting in the formation of two new quarks or leptons, has been observed ad nauseum in colliders. The prevailing theory is that particles recieve mass from Higgs. This practically describes my model.

statements such as this, without reference to a peer reviewed journal, are meaningless.

I apologize that I didn't keep up with my references as I developed my theory. I plan to go back and get them at some point, as well as provide anchors to definitions for the underlined words.

I expected this response.

Crimestop means ..stopping short..at the threshold of any dangerous thought...not grasping analogies...failing to percieve logical errors..misunderstanding the simplest arguements..inimicable to [status quo].. protective stupidity.
George Orwell
M
OP Offline
M
Quoted by me:
Recent experiments have created Electrons [Leptons] by pair production"

Response:
Anyone with even the remotest contact with serious science would know that statements such as this, without reference to a peer reviewed journal, are meaningless.

I searched "lepton pair production" and got 6452 results. Here is the first one:

http://flux.aps.org/meetings/YR97/BAPSAPR97/abs/S1560008.html

George Orwell
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I am well aware of the work ... the issue I was bringing up is that your web site apparently isn't and thus not written by someone intending for it to be taken seriously by any but the most ill informed.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
QUOTED DA MORGAN:
to be taken seriously by any but the most ill informed.

You are the ill-informed one here.

You didn't know leptons were formed in pair production.

What didn't I know? What do people who read my theory not know?

"Anyone with even the remotest contact with serious science would know" that leptons have been created in pair pruduction by colliders for years.

QUOTED DA MORGAN:
your web site apparently isn't and thus not written by someone

I did my own HTML. That's what you call a web page.

George Orwell

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.