Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Anyone:

Where did I ever use the possessive words "your G~Õ~D" and/or "my G~Õ~D"?

I abhor the idea of a 'god' with dimensions. Do I make myself clear?

G~Õ~D is an acronym for that which IS Total and expanding COSMOS--beginning with the Great Omni Dazzling FLASH OF LIGHT--Reality and in, through and beyond all physical dimensions.

Is this CLEAR?

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/18/14 06:54 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Anyone:

G~Õ~D is an acronym for that which IS Total and expanding COSMOS--beginning with the Great Omni Dazzling FLASH OF LIGHT--Reality and in, through and beyond all physical dimensions.

Is this CLEAR?

Being that this G~Õ~D is of your own design via the special acronym defined by you and exemplified thru multiple posts as your creative insight...., is it someone else's G~Õ~D?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Anyone, especially moderators:

G~Õ~D is an acronym for that which IS a Total and expanding COSMOS--beginning with the Great Omni Dazzling FLASH OF LIGHT--Reality in, through and beyond all physical dimensions.

Is this CLEAR?

===============
In response, no rhetorical questions, please!

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/18/14 07:39 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
OK. I'll put it another way.

Who else other than you, takes credit for coming up with "A Special Acronym" with a definition describing "that which IS a Total and expanding COSMOS--beginning with the Great Omni Dazzling FLASH OF LIGHT"?
Your acronym "G~Õ~D", followed by your personally derived definitions, followed by the subjective beliefs of you and your life story..., and then further glorified as your personal invention.

Your G~Õ~D... wink

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
TT, it seems, metaphorically speaking, still loves to throw immoral, divisive and spit-ball-like rhetorical questions, eh? SAD!

But the good news is:
1. such questions are short and sweet. smile
2. it is obvious that TT and many people are taking time to read the good stuff. Look at all those hits!
3. and I can always rely on the ignore-button to avoid reading the long-winded and tedious stuff. smile Now go pick up all those spit-balls! BTW, the coach wants to have a word with you, ASAP! I will pipe you into his office with a whistle whistle and a chuckle laugh
===========
THE GOAL I HAVE ALWAYS HAD IN MIND

Sure it always feels better to get a pat on the back rather than a kick in the head, or knife in the heart.

But, since my student days, my goal has NOT been that of getting pats on the back and other credits.

The goal I have always had in mind is similar to that of the main goal of the United Church of Canada, which has as its motto THAT ALL MAY BE ONE--John 17:21 (Jesus) --the bringing together of all people in the loving service of GOD, OTHERS AND SELF-a unitheism not to be confused with militant theism; and certainly not militant atheism

Regarding my use of the acronym, G~Õ~D, or even GOD. I even appreciate the Jewish writers who use the sacred word, 'G-d'.

Recently, it occurred to me that this acronym fits well with the non-theistic kind of thinking of Progressive Christians, of Buddhism, in its many forms, and with philosophers like professor Stanley Krippner, who has written, approvingly of the idea, to me.

And even with Islam, which is strongly opposed to idolatry, to gods or a 'God', as existing--in any way shape or form.

Not long ago, a Muslim iman, a professor, who spoke at our church liked the idea so much that he affirmed that, with my blessing, he would like to use it.

Of course I was happy to tell him to go ahead. And that he did not need my blessing.

THE GOAL OF PHILOSOPHY, SCIENCE & ART
MODERATORS, and anyone, do not all who ask us to love knowledge, wisdom, beauty and truth talk about the unification of all fields in the service of the highest good?

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/19/14 10:54 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I can always rely on the ignore-button to avoid reading the long-winded and tedious stuff. smile

You could, but you don't. If you didn't read my posts you wouldn't be able to metaphorically describe my posts without simply making stuff up... Like the G~Õ~D thingy you made up.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:

I’ve obviously been under the wrong impression here. I thought G~Õ~D/the COSMOS was infinite/eternal. Is that not so?

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

I’ve obviously been under the wrong impression here. I thought G~Õ~D/the COSMOS was infinite/eternal. Is that not so?

Well you see.. that's where the definition of G~Õ~D separates the idol or ideal from the rest of the Universe.

Duality contains opposites such as light and dark or good and evil. The rev.s "G~Õ~D" has in part, something do do with his interpretation of Alfred Whiteheads idea that the movement of the cosmos in expansion, or its use of time and space, has a direction, or finality in something ultimately superior than duality.

Something like the idea of going to Heaven that the Christians perpetuate. All things that are not good, desirable or opportune will fade, leaving only the good, opportune and desirable aspects of human invention and idealism.

Ultimately this means the cosmos will eventually evolve into something other than the cosmos.

Evolve into something like his G~Õ~D. wink

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Quote:

BS: Do astronomers all agree that the COSMOS is eternal/infinite?

If so, I could go for that! smile

IMO: G~Õ~D is not a noun. Nor is it an acronym for my 'god', their, your, or our 'god'.

It is simply an acronym for whatever science finds REALITY is, and is processing to become--ad, or to infinitude.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

IMO: G~Õ~D is not a noun. Nor is it an acronym for my 'god', their, your, or our 'god'.

It is simply an acronym for whatever science finds REALITY is, and is processing to become--ad, or to infinitude.

Ahh, much more clear. Its the rev.s pasted moniker for anything science defines as reality as for as long as science continues to find definition or theory in relativity.
The Good, Opportune and Desirability of said "whatever" then becomes subject to scientific determination. wink

According to the rev. Science makes G~Õ~D's

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
NOBEL PRIZE acceptance speech by
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Quote:
Quote:
....[quote]
Translation = 0? Don't tell me, there is no CIGAR!

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/22/14 04:49 AM.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Poster: Bill S. In Nature, Nurture & Spiriture--Components of Life, you accurately quoted me as saying,
[quote] G~Õ~D is an acronym for that which IS Total and expanding COSMOS--beginning with the Great Omni Dazzling FLASH OF LIGHT--Reality in, through and beyond all physical dimensions.
I write as a theologian/philosopher/pneumatherapist, not as a scientist.
HOWEVER, I happen to love the sciences, especially physics & astrophysics of the modern kind, and of course the arts.
With this in mind, permit me to build on the quote above:

Simply put, as a unitheist, for personal reasons I concocted the acronym 'G~Õ~D', which I prefer to use rather that the theistic noun 'God'. Orthodox Jews, for the same personal reasons use G-d.

BTW, Progressive Christians, especially unitheists--HIGHLY REGARD DEMOCRACY--including the four freedoms.
Spiritually speaking, as advocates of universal peace, in thought, word and deed, we believe in being respectful to, and inclusive of all forms of theism, including agnosticism and atheism.

We expect and hope that, in the cause of universal peace--physically, mentally and spiritually speaking--reciprocation will be the order of the day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.