Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
A new and strange disorder has hit California. Any thoughts as to what it could be?

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/02/24/3323931/mysterious-polio-like-illness/

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
I dont know what it could be.

but have a look at this bit of information...

Quote:
Removing silver from the market was one of the first actions of the Food and Drug Administration when it changed its name in the 1930's. It has gradually changed its name from the Bureau of Chemistry, to the more publicly palatable, Food and Drug Administration. In 1999, after a re-emergence of silver, the F.D.A. completely banned it in any form from being sold in over-the-counter health products, despite the fact that silver has safely been used as a medicine for millennia.

The devastation of the polio epidemic was largely caused by how the Food and Drug Administration suppressed silver to promote its new antibiotics and vaccine industries. By removing silver from the lists of approved medicines, it effectively removed the only treatment that reliably kills polio, which in-turn unleashed the full epidemic of polio. The F.D.A. later claimed a victory over polio in boasting that the new generation of vaccines had saved us. The agency cunningly waited until the epidemic was in its natural decline to release the vaccine, in order to ensure that people saw a connection between the vaccine's release date and the disappearance of the disease. The public, and quite a few doctors, were distracted away from the fact that silver medications were a safe treatment, which effectively kills polio quickly, as well as virtually every other virus known. Prior to this entire smoke-and-mirrors routine, silver was recognized for doing what the establishment now claims is impossible. Had silver medicine not been stripped from the market, the polio epidemic would have never occurred. Today's huge vaccine and antibiotics markets would have never come into being. Silver had to go. Just to stack the dishonest vaccine marketing even more, the F.D.A. and the American Medical Association began promoting tonsillectomies for all children at the same time, while knowing that the tonsils are the only organ in the human body that produces polio antibodies.

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/633-everything-about-colloidal-silver.html

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Tonsils are only one of the places in the body where immune cells mature. They also mature in the thymus and the gastrointestinal tract. It is the immune cells that produce antibodies, and they can squeeze into the spaces between the cells and lay dormant for years, until they are needed. They can also mature in lymph nodes, of which the body has plenty. I am not sure about colloidal silver. Apparently it is taken up by the body and circulated in the blood. I would like to see some modern, unbiased research into it. There are many folk remedies that have actual pharmacological actions, so I would not dismiss it out of hand. Not all tonsillectomies are worthless; mine very likely saved my life. They were abscessed with the bacteria that causes rheumatic fever, and I would likely have succumbed if they had been left in a few more years. Then you wouldn't have had me to brighten your day. I owe my life to a good surgeon and lots of antibiotics.

Last edited by Amaranth Rose II; 02/27/14 12:38 PM.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Tonsils are only one of the places in the body where immune cells mature. They also mature in the thymus and the gastrointestinal tract.

I have read that the polio virus attacks the lymphnodes
note:I cant just copy-n-paste a complete exerpt from the pdf.

Quote:
Pathogenesis
The virus enters through the mouth...
virus occurs at the site of implantation in
the pharynx and gastrointestinal tract...
... One week after onset there is less virus in the throat
but virus continues to be excreted in the stool for several
weeks

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/polio.pdf

since the virus attacks the lymph nodes wouldnt this attack
disable the lymph nodes ability to produce antibodies?

it seems that by removing the tonsils the ability of the body to defend itself against the virus after the 1 week onset
when the virus is less abundant in the throat / tonsil area has been removed.

perhaps removing the tonsils was deemed necessary in order to
ensure that the virus could take hold of the infected person
and require him/her to seek pharmaceutical drugs in order to
fight the infection.

Quote:
mine very likely saved my life. They were abscessed with the bacteria that causes rheumatic fever,

Im going to say that IMO all you needed was what doctors had been prescribing before the FDA put an end to it in the 1930's.

and that would have been Colloidal Silver.
and perhaps if it was available back then some Caprylic Acid.

I am however glad that you were able to get the tonsils removed and the designer antibiotics to fight the battle for you.

Quote:
Then you wouldn't have had me to brighten your day.

like Fox Mulder and Dana Scully

Sometimes looking for extreme possibilities makes you blind to the probable explanation right in front of you.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.