Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 120 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 119 120
T
Megastar
Megastar
T

An elderly man walks into a confessional. The following conversation ensues:
Man: 'I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70 years, many children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up two college girls, hitch-hiking.
We went to a motel, where I had sex with each of them three times.'
Priest: 'Are you sorry for your sins?'
Man: 'What sins?'
Priest: 'What kind of a Catholic are you?'
Man: 'I'm Jewish.'
Priest: 'Why are you telling me all this?'
Man: 'I'm 92 years old . . . . I'm telling everybody!'

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I like this one better

THE STORY OF GOD AND EVE

Eve: 'God, I have a problem.'

God: 'What's your problem Eve?'

Eve: 'I know you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all these wonderful animals as well as that hilarious snake, but I'm just not happy'

God: 'And why is that Eve?'

Eve: 'God, I am lonely and bored and I'm sick to death of apples.'

God: 'Well Eve, in that case I shall create a man for you'

Eve: 'Man? What is that, God?'

God: 'A flawed base creature with many bad traits. he'll lie, cheat and be vain. He will revel in childish things. he'll be bigger than you and will like fighting, hunting and killing things. He won't be too smart so will need your advice to think properly. He will have a limited emotional capacity so will need to be trained. He will look silly when aroused, but since You've been complaining of boredom, I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs and you need never be bored again.'

Eve: 'Sounds great'

God: 'Well, you can have him on one condition.'

Eve: 'And what's that, God?'

God: 'As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring, so you'll have to let him believe I made him first. And it will have to be our little secret. You know, woman to woman.'

Last edited by Orac; 10/11/13 01:09 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T

The parish priest went on a fishing trip.

On the last day of his trip he hooked a monster fish and proceeded to
reel it in.

The guide, holding a net, yelled, 'Look at the size of that Son of a
b*tch!'

'Son, I'm a priest. Your language is uncalled for!'

'No, Father, that's what kind of fish it is -

It's a Son of a b*tch fish!'

'Really? Well then, help me land this Son of a b*tch!'

Once in the boat, they marveled at the size of the monster.

'Father, that's the biggest Son of a b*tch I've ever seen'

'Yes, it is a big Son of a b*tch. What should I do with it?'

'Why, eat it! Of course. You've never tasted anything as good as Son of
a b*tch!'

Elated, the priest headed home to the rectory.

While unloading his gear and his prize catch, Sister Mary inquired about
his trip.

'Take a look at this big Son of a b*tch I caught!'

Sister Mary gasped and clutched her rosary, 'Father!'

'It's OK, Sister. That's what kind of fish it is, a Son of a b*tch
fish!'

'Oh, well then, what are you going to do with that big Son of a b*tch?'

Sister Mary informed the pries t that the new Bishop was scheduled to
visit in a few days and that they should fix the Son of a b*tch for his
dinner.

'I'll even clean the Son of a b*tch', she said.

As she was cleaning the huge fish, the Friar walked in.

'What are you doing Sister?'

'Father wants me to clean this big Son of a b*tch for the new Bishop's
Dinner'

'Sister! I'll clean it if you're so upset! Please watch your language!'

'No, no, no, it's called a Son of a b*tch Fish.'

'Really? Well, in that case, I'll fix up a great meal to go with it, and
that Son of a b*tch can be the main course!

Let me know when you've finished cleaning that Son of a b*tch.'

On the night of the new Bishop's visit, everything was perfect. The
Friar had prepared an excellent meal.

The wine was fine, and the fish was excellent.

The new Bishop said, 'This is great fish, where did you get it?'

'I caught that Son of a b*tch!' proc laimed the proud priest.

'And I cleaned the Son of a b*tch!' exclaimed the Sister.

The Friar added, 'And I prepared the Son of a b*tch, using a special
recipe!

The new Bishop looked around at each of them.

A big smile crept across his face as he said,

'You f*ckers are my kind of people!'

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Orac
I like this one better: THE STORY OF GOD AND EVE

... And it will have to be our little secret. You know, woman to woman.'
Just as I suspected, Orac: YOU ARE A WOMAN, EH? & also a JOKER laugh BTW: What did you two do with Mr. God?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
Megastar
MATTHEW 18 contains one of Jesus' famous sayings:

Take a look at Matthew 18: 19-20, where Jesus says, “And I tell you more: whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them.”

Based on the Matt. quote, I ask fellow posters: Let us that is, at least three of us, at SAGG, invite JESUS to join us at this site and our forum. Any objections?

None received, if Jesus agrees to join us--and I doubt that he will--I will ask him this:

Is this the kind of teaching that you, Jesus, believe all Christians, including those who are scientists, are expected to take seriously and to act on, literally?

Are we all expected to literally believe that YOU, Jesus, is--at this very moment--in your resurrected form of body--sitting there, with God (Father Almighty), and reminding your, "Father in heaven" of our prayer requests?

If so, count me as a sincere skeptic, but--because I enjoy all kinds of philosophy and even interesting fiction stories about religions--I am also open to hear any evidence that is available.

There are many science-trained Protestant Christians, Buddhists, Jews and others, who happen to be skeptics (but are not cynics). All keep an open mind, and are not afraid to ask:

How many of people, including Christians, really believe that he (Jesus) really is in heaven with his father, God, right now? And where is the evidence?

Even Orthodox and fundamentalist Christians are usually willing to admit:

"We have no evidence. All we can say is this: It is, "...indeed a profound mystery".

SINCERE ROMAN CATHOLICS TALK THE SAME LANGUAGE

Let us ask them, what about the role of the virgin Mary ... "Holy Mary mother of God" ? Does not the Pope expect devout Roman Catholics to hold a belief similar to that held regarding her son, as mentioned in Matt 18?

To be fair: Here is what sincere and devout Catholics teach about Mary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception

TEACHING OF VERY DEVOUT AND ORTHODOX ROMAN CATHOLICS:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings

But note: It is a waste of time for sincere skeptics to ask sincere Catholics for scientific and concrete evidence.

All who doubt and ask such questions have to be satisfied with:

There is no such evidence. All we can offer you is this: It is, " ... indeed a profound mystery".

The doctrine OF MARY AS MOTHER OF GOD was dogmatically defined, December 8, 1854, by Pope Pius IX in his papal bull Ineffabilis Deus.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I guess that kind of puts a damper on your testimony towards willpower. Especially when trying to get Jesus on your side. wink

Megastar
Megastar
[quote=Revlgking]MATTHEW 18 contains one of Jesus' famous sayings:

Summarizing what I said before: Take another look at Matthew 18: 19-20. Matthew quotes Jesus as saying: “And I tell you more: whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them.” ... If Jesus were to appear as a registered member of this forum, I am sure he would not mind being asked sincere questions,

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION
So Jesus, may I respectfully ask: "Are we all expected to literally believe that YOU, Jesus, are at this very moment in your resurrected form of body; that you and all of us, as god-like beings (John:10:34 ...), have the power to go back and forth--you did say "follow me"-- between heaven and earth ... Agreed? Sounds good, if true.

However, count me as a sincere skeptic, but--because I enjoy all kinds of philosophy and even interesting fiction stories about religions--Like the militant atheist, Richard Dawkins, I am always open to hear any evidence that is available.
=============================
Of course I agree: There are many science-trained Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and other Christians, Buddhists, Jews, etc., who happen to be skeptics (but are not necessarily cynical one). All willingly keep an open mind, and are not afraid to ask:

How many people, including church-going religionists, really believe that he (Jesus) is in heaven with his father, God, right now? But, is there evidence? Where? Or is it a matter of faith?

Even Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox and fundamentalist Christians are usually willing to admit: "We have no physical evidence. All we can say is this: It is, "...indeed a profound mystery".

SINCERE ROMAN CATHOLICS TALK THE SAME LANGUAGE ... For example, read what DEVOUT AND ORTHODOX ROMAN CATHOLICS say at:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings

ORAC, THIS QUESTION IS FOR YOU
Furthermore, I also suspect that modern physicists, chemists and other students of the nature and function of matter would, as scientists, never make the claim, :There are no more profound mysteries. We have solved them all of them. I suspect that deep down, most scientists acknowledge that we are not just physical and mental beings. In reality, we are a complex combination of Physical, Mental (intellectual) and Spiritual (as in creative artists).

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them.

The reference is always taken out of context by religionists. It is not meant to be interpreted when stated "I am there with them" that Jesus the man is present, tho it could be understood that the essence of Man as consciousness is never some place, any place, or no place.

A clue was given in reference to the state of man as the Christ, and God, (Father and son) as being one.

Superstition however lends itself to false interpretations of scripture as it is limited by the handicapped personality of a lesser state of conscious awareness, perpetuated by the authoritative word of the Church and its schools of thought...

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

A clue was given in reference to the state of man as the Christ, and God, (Father and son) as being one.
Yes, TT, thanks for speaking clearly and calling our attention to this, which is something that has always made sense to me, also. THIS IS WHAT HE TAUGHT--and it sounds like UNITHEISM, to me.

John 10:20-39
24 The leaders of the synagogue and his fellow Jews gathered around him and asked, ...
Quote:
“How long are you going to keep us in suspense? Tell us the plain truth: are you the Messiah?”

25 Jesus answered, “I have already told you, but you would not believe me. The deeds I do by my Father's authority speak on my behalf... [MORE THAN CREEDS, IT IS ABOUT DEEDS]

30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him. 32 Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”

33 They answered, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!”

34 Jesus answered, “It is written in your own Law that God said, ‘You are gods.’

...God called those people gods, the people to whom his message was given. 36 As for me, the Father chose me and sent me into the world.

How, then, can you say that I blaspheme because I said that I am the Son of God?

37 Do not believe me, then, if I am not doing the things my Father wants me to do.

38 But if I do them ...

MORE ABOUT DEEDS, NOT CREEDS
you should at least believe my deeds, in order that you may know once and for all that the Father is in me and that I am in the Father.”

In the famous THAT-ALL-MAY-BE-ONE: long passage, JOHN 17:20-21 --about our unity with all that is--[ON THE CREST OF THE UNITED CHURCH OF CANADA] goes all out on this theme. Nowhere did Jesus ever say: I ALONE AM GOD! NO ONE ELSE CAN SHARE THIS WITH ME.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/18/13 03:46 AM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
MORE THAN CREEDS, IT IS ABOUT DEEDS

Not about deeds but rather where a man comes from in the awareness of being a God, or unified with spirit in God consciousness

John 10:7-18

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10:34 presupposes all deeds.

34 Jesus answered, “It is written in your own Law that God said, ‘You are gods.’

The parable points toward the god quality as a given, but not necessarily brought forth thru the human awareness by default. Ego separates the spirit from the relative, because it is conditioned to recognize physical reality as experienced thru the physical senses. Without the established foundation of potential, as a reality underlying the physical reality, the senses are corrupted by belief and short sightedness.

Psychology recognizes three states of consciousness by their subjective and objective qualities.

1. Sleeping
2. Dreaming
3. Waking.

There are 7 known states of consciousness.

1. Sleeping
2. dreaming
3. waking
4. exalted
5. awareness of God or the absolute
6. perpetual awareness of God/absolute
7. Unified perpetual awareness of God (or as Jesus stated being one with God as God)

The 7th state has several qualities that come with expansion and growth as well, and those qualities can be categorized by their subjective and objective qualities. (Some of those qualities exemplified by Jesus in scripture, and the most important one symbolized in the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus)

Where ever Jesus states or makes reference to "I am" as "in the door" or "The Shepherd"
He speaks of a condition, or of the presence of God the Father within all things as it lives within his awareness.
He also makes mention that the awareness or condition of unity exists within animals, but man being given a will above and beyond animals, chooses his own direction, to face towards or away from the absolute.

Man, born into the conditioning of relative idealism, is turned away from spirit by the birth parents, the educational system, peer groups, politics and special interests based on relative value systems.

All systems of religion and spirituality that are mainstream are corrupted by the illusions of separation between spirit/consciousness and physical reality. They are absent from the experience of God, and they do not teach one to know God, but rather to know of God thru the blessed privileges of the church and its membership. All institutions of God define God, by physical qualities and separate God from what is determined to be good or bad as derived by current belief systems.

The will of the ego is powerless in comparison to the underlying subconscious which places man into existence and gives life reality. Egoic value systems place God within the realms of deeds based on the measure of physically derived value systems which constantly change.

Every man creates his own system of values. Jesus' message to the world was that True judgment is of God consciousness rather than any system of belief or man made measure.

That being the case. All that is of God (basically everything) has a place and has a value.

Man would idealize God and place that which he himself finds value in, as the God-like ideal.

GÕD~Generates-isOpen2Life& DeliversWhatRGood/Opportune&Desirable Gifts

Your constantly updated signature points toward your evolving and changing beliefs in God reverend. Yet you revel in your judgment of what is God and what is not. You condemn, ignore, and judge all actions and deeds that do not support your lifestyle and belief systems.

Jesus would not judge you for your choices, since a parent doesn't kick a child for stumbling while learning to walk.
However he would not hesitate to tell the Pharisees or the Sadducees that the badge they wore as a personal profile, and the references to physical qualities generated thru limited and temporary belief systems had no power in a non-physical reality.

Your imagined God reminds me of a joke:

Lindsay came home one night from a long day at work, slid into bed beside his sleeping wife,
and fell into a deep slumber.

He awoke before the Pearly Gates, where St. Peter said, 'You died in your sleep, Lindsay.'

Lindsay was stunned. 'I'm dead? No, I can't be! I've got too much to live for. Send me back!'

St. Peter said, 'I'm sorry, but there's only one way you can go back, and that is as a chicken.'

Lindsay was devastated, but begged St. Peter to send him to a farm near his home. The next thing he
knew, he was covered with feathers, clucking and pecking the ground.

A rooster strolled past. 'So, you're the new hen, huh? How's your first day here?'

'Not bad,' replied Lindsay the hen, 'but I have this strange feeling inside. Like I'm gonna explode!'

'You're ovulating,' explained the rooster. 'Don't tell me you've never laid an egg before?'

'Never,' said Lindsay.

'Well, just relax and let it happen,' says the rooster. 'It's no big deal.

He did, and a few uncomfortable seconds later, out popped an egg! He was overcome with emotion as
he experienced motherhood. He soon laid another egg - his joy was overwhelming.

As he was about to lay his third egg, he felt a smack on the back of his head, and heard his wife
yelling.....

"Lindsay, wake up! You just pooped in the bed!"

Getting OLD just ain't what they said it would be.
wink

Megastar
Megastar

But The Truth is: When we both became fully awake. First, we felt offended, but then Jean and I had a BIG LAUGH.

Jean said, see: THEY ACTUALLY are TTT --turds shaped like THREE TURTLES. They look. sick , confused & blush-- See the JOKE? laugh As the old saying goes: Those who laugh last ... etc.
LESSON LEARNED? Waste no more time trying to have a valid dialogue with sick TURTLES, especially of the chocolate-kind we eat too many of, for Christmas!

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/18/13 07:43 PM. Reason: Always helpful

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

But The Truth is: When we both became fully awake. First, we felt offended, but then Jean and I had a BIG LAUGH.

Jean said, see: THEY ACTUALLY are TTT --turds shaped like THREE TURTLES. They look. sick , confused & blush-- See the JOKE? laugh As the old saying goes: Those who laugh last ... etc.
LESSON LEARNED? Waste no more time trying to have a valid dialogue with sick TURTLES, especially of the chocolate-kind we eat too many of, for Christmas!

Don't know anything about having a dialogue with food but I suppose some do.

Meanwhile back to the topic at hand....

It aint about the surface appearances, or the ideas some place on what they see and hear.

Megastar
Megastar
... Don't know anything about having a dialogue with food but I suppose some do.

Meanwhile back to the topic at hand ...
OK, TTT: What IS the TOPIC? Or did you, as is your HABIT, forget?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I never forget.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Thought I'd throw out a few lines from the gospel of Thomas for you rev.
The Thomas Gospel is a very interesting text for studying the teachings of Jesus. As it was only discovered in 1945 in Egypt, it remains free from any censuring, as opposed to the official gospels of the Bible. The Thomas Gospel was written during the lifetime of Jesus or shortly afterwards, presumably by the apostle Thomas. It consists of 114 sayings that are presented without particular order, probably as they have been noted down or remembered.

Surprisingly, the teachings that Jesus presents in these sayings corresponds very strongly to the overall yoga philosophy that originates with the vedic texts. There is particular correlation with the Jnana Yoga developed by Shankara, among others. This correlation is not immediately obvious, as in many sayings the teachings are hidden in stories and riddles. That was quite usual in those times and might also have been protecting Jesus from the Pharisees and the sensitivities of the ancient Jewish people. However, upon closer study, the teachings come forward with absolute clarity.

http://users.misericordia.edu//davies/thomas/Trans.htm

1 And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2 Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3 Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

4 Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live. (The seven day old child is yet without name, without ego, without separation. It knows reality (the place of life), because duality has not yet set in. The answer to life (the place of life) lies in the living, in the pure being (will live). So, many of those who believe that they are ahead of others, older, wiser (the first), will find themselves behind (the last), because they have lost the innocent, carefree, trusting attitude of the newborn. Yet first and last are temporary illusions, just characters in a play where all is well that ends well, as all are one and the same and all originate from the One and will return to the One (will become a single one).)

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

18 The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is.

Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

22 Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
(Like nr. 4 referring to the egoless nature of a baby. Also, the image comes forward of the ones that achieve enlightenment being those that drink the knowledge that is offered (Jesus saw some babies nursing). The nipple is there, the milk is there, the mouth is there, the only thing that ever gives trouble is that baby not wanting to drink. Enlightenment (the Father's Kingdom) means to stop discriminating, embracing absolute union (two/one, inner/outer, male/female,.). It also means to fully understand that all that we perceive is created by us, fashioned by us, that a hand is no hand except through us, a foot no foot, a likeness no likeness. For the baby, there is no difference between the experiencing, the one who experiences and that which is experienced. There is no image without the perceiver, which as such is the imaginator or creator. All creation is imagination. When that is perfectly clear, then everything will be seen as entirely dependent on the self, the Supreme - rather than the opposite - and the deepest peace will manifest (you will enter the Kingdom).)

Megastar
Megastar
QUESTIONS ABOUT: Philosophy, Science, Arts, Morals and Ethics.

How do they relate to one another?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
They are all derived thru the humans state of mind.

Varied states of consciousness, experience, objectivity, intelligence and beliefs color the boundaries and ideals of all of those mentioned.

Megastar
Megastar
Sounds like a fair comment, to me!

Megastar
Megastar
This is just a test. It seems that this forum has been....re-organized? Therefore, I am checking to see where this post appears.

Good! I just checked! and found that it is on page 112 ...

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/21/13 06:47 PM. Reason: Always helpful

Megastar
Megastar
People who believe, literally, in the God of the OT and/or the God of traditional theism are probably already stoned. laugh

Now, I hope, you will probably understand why I insist that we forget about God and start thinking about GØD. smile
Well, well, well! A note from the past (2007?). I came across it while doing some browsing.

At that time I was aware of the Ø--a special kind of 0, zero--the null, but I was not aware of [~], the tilde--in the upper case on my PC key board, how about yours? Is it, I wonder, on all PCs, now--now check yours and let me know, OK! In literature, and acronym, like CBC, NBC, USA, are tildes, or titles. In math, it is used to indicate process and progression.

At the time, the point I had in mind and was trying to make, then and now, is this:

Let us not be too stubborn or afraid to admit that atheists make a valid point when they say that there is no material evidence that gods, or any one of a number of so-called one true God, and saintly helpers like Santa, numerous other saints, angels and the like, exist as three-dimensional beings.

Just as there is such a thing as a mythic Santa based on a kind of reality, IMO, there can also be a mythic God based on a kind of reality. Myth is not just a pack of lies. But to believe that " the mythic Santa" exists as a reality, today is to believe in an illusion.

This is the basis of the book, The GOD Delusion, by the famous militant atheist, Richard Dawkins, 2008, which I have read and have underlined--questions welcomed. [More on this important theme] Believe me, there are options other than theism and atheism: cool

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/05/13 04:26 AM. Reason: Always helpful

Page 112 of 120 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 119 120

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.