Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 172 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50468 11/24/13 03:56 PM
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
One of the funniest things to get accustomed to while in the USA is the strange way democracy is translated.

One of those strange ways is to be able to petition the government directly.

The general link is here

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

However this leaves open the crazy lunatic factor which have a democratic right to express themselves and so I give you

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...r-2016/wlfKzFkN

Quote:

Those who sign here petition the United States government to secure funding and resources, and begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.

By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense.

Fortunately for us all Maciej Marosz is not a USA citizen and can't petition smile

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US.

Last edited by Orac; 11/24/13 03:59 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Superstar
Superstar
I think we need to concentrate our efforts on getting a working hyper-drive so we can take it somewhere. Unless you're proposing to use it on Earth, in which case no way. The thing about having a weapon is that once you have it, you want to use it, test it out so to speak. Not my idea of a fun weekend. I think if we explore the other dimensions of Calabi-Yau space we may find the answers to super-luminal travel. It would require being able to access those other dimensions and translate objects and humans through the portal that makes up its interface with our three dimensions.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
and begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.

I wonder if they have considered the friendly fire possibilities.

There never was nothing.
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Hey I am wandering around here at the moment and trust me most of them live on a different planet smile

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.