Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 634 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
This seems to be a new way to generate an electric current ....
more details at www.elkadot.com under electromagnetism book ...

The effect consists in apparition of an electric current when a semiconductor and a metallic electrode are immersed into a liquid or a solution. The size of the effect depends on a large variety of factors like: semiconductor structure, nature of metal and type of solution.

The effect is simple and it can be observed immediately using some simple experiments.
In deionised water the effects is less evident then in saline solution (as example).

Put a piece of copper metal into contact with water and connect it with a piece of graphite through an ammeter. When the graphite is immersed into water a current of about 1 mA appears into circuit. The current decreases slowly in time. If you take out the graphite, wait for few seconds and immerse it again into water, the electric current appears again.

Of course with such ,,current size” few people will think that such effect will ever have a practical application…
But, if you change a bit the set up, the effect becomes quite spectacular…

Take a bigger piece of graphite ( in my case I repeated the experiment using a graphite cylinder about 5 mm diameter and about 5 cm long recovered from a commercial battery) and instead of water prepare a saturated solution of NaCl and repeat the experiment.
The current measured into ammeter when the graphite is immersed into water is about 20 mA. If you keep the graphite into solution, the current decreases slowly in time ….

With this size, and looking for other optimized possibilities, such effect can be used even in electricity production.

Both metal and graphite electrodes are not ,,electrised”, so there is no charge transfer between these components in order to explain the generation of this current.
There is no chemical reaction in the system able to explain the apparition of this current …
There is no magnetic field in the circuit able to generate an electric current….

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
classic laugh

http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Physics/Gems/IWorryAboutYou.html

So did you finish your theory on relativity laugh

It's 2013 time you got some new stuff .. whats that 8 years peddling the same garbage ... you have more than a slight credibility issue.

Oh wait you haven't been told all this before like on 20+ science forums. I think it's time you went and sought professional help Sorin you really do have some mental health issues.

Last edited by Orac; 11/02/13 05:50 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
This one was my all time favourite response to you

So the 140 years of development in electrical systems, electromagnetic and applications of them everywhere from your fridge door through to your cell phone, from Faraday to Josephson, has just been pure coincidence?

Perhaps you would like to think about the odds of all that smile

You really are batshit crazy ... I really like it when you get all paranoid.

I have been fighting with the wind mills and mainstream scientists instead of repeating some simple experiments, they have been preferred to adopt a strange but convenient politics: we dont want to see and therefore it does not exist.

Well I must be mainstream political science although I didn't think so I just answered your questions with the only viable data that fits and yep it so happened to be the main science view. For my part I didn't ask mainstream science for the answer, I just went with my logic because they were such simple experiments.

Oh maybe they have me mind controlled without my knowledge ... dam those dastardly science political types.

It has been actually highly entertaining reading all your posts and the answers explained to you if somewhat disturbing about your mental health smile

Last edited by Orac; 11/03/13 04:50 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.