Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
So many lessons from one piece of basic science!

where are the lessons orac?

Im sure that using QM and its fantasy math you can invent billions of useless lessons from this , but fantasy would be the foundation of those lessons.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
N
Megastar
Megastar
N
in my post about long pipe I showed how to measure Earth velocity
inside the universe and space that exist

To show Earth's speed we need only light's speed ( constant in vacuum or other media inside pipe )

IF LIGHT's SPEED IS ABSOLUTE AND CONSTANT so....

EARTH's SPEED IS ABSOLUTE AND CONSTANT

we can write many equations my motion respect Sun or other objects
but real and true are only equations respect to virtual stationary space.

My test = Michelson Morley but one long ARM VERSION
everyone who like physics know what mean if we can measure
west East different

Mr Orac use here on that forum words "Your theory Newton "
it is not next genial teory supported by mathematica
but above we have experiment that explain absolute motion of the Earth inside the Universe

How to use above knowledge for very long travel
Rocket that we will start must ! must ! start opposite to absolute Earth's motion

If rocket will slown down or 100% stop = sucess !

rocket can wait and not use fuel ( Earth and Sun will travel )
rocket will only wait

Absolute stationary rocket and atomic clock = golden master
of absolute time in space

1 meter and absolute zero = golden master of distance

Very nice and important will be golden sample of the mass
only if !!! our own coordination system absolute not moving
we can use NEWTON equations for DYNAMICA other situation
we must evaluate motion ( constant motion = that body have kinetic energy and direction of motion .

Mass M and Inertia ?

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=49786#Post49786

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: paul

Im sure that using QM and its fantasy math you can invent billions of useless lessons from this , but fantasy would be the foundation of those lessons.

Haha poor Paul you walked right into that one ... So does a BEC exist or not Paul laugh

Got two nutcases for the price of one it was a bonus!

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
N
Megastar
Megastar
N
Dear Orac

---light--> hot water

---light--> cold water

----light--> critical low temp

high temp = that electrons more faster rotate
Lower temp = electrons slowing down

Do You need mathematica and theory to understand above ????
termodynamic it is not quantum ? we no need theory old model work very good

LIGHT = energy
Energy that have direction and arrow !!!!

( motion is absolute )
isotropy C respect to point where signal started it is very natural and old ( 1730 J. Bradley )

You know what mean test with pipe that I showed above ?

WHY MICHELSON MORLEY ? ABOVE I SHOWED THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ZERO IN MY PIPE !!!!

there is absolute space ( also for classical mechanic )

I'm sure that absolute motion slowdown electrons period

e----C----------------e -----10000 km/s ------>

how many km will make electron in absolute space pleae make full circle ???? ( respect to athom's center it is the same
way but respect to absolute space ???)

e----C-----e -----ZERO km/s ------>

PLEASE ADD APPARENT POINT TO GRAVITATION SIGNAL

A) m-----M ---->
or
B) M-----m ---->

it is not symetry in sutuation A mass m will feel much more stronger mass M feild

WE ALL KNOW THAT LIGHT FEEL GRAVITATION
NO !!! IT IS NOT LIGHT PROBLEM !!!!

GRAVITATION IS CHANGING DENSITY OF SPACE ( BODIES MORE CLOSED TO SUN have got bigger DENSITY light inside this bodies has got lower velocity )

( density and temperature change electrons period and directions and positions where electrons are more often )

Exist motion ? below picture ( sun is more closed or more far to light signal taht is trying escape )

only in absolute zero velocity athoms will be perfect isotropy medium for light ( absolute zero motion - zero gravitation and zero temperature different )

e----C-----e

WHAT IF WE WILL REPEAT MY TEST ( PIPE TEST )
HOT MEDIUM lower TEMP MEDIUM ?
Gravitation ? lower more higher ?

WHERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EDUCATION
PLEASE START TEST ( before my die)

Last edited by newton; 09/22/13 10:13 AM.
N
Megastar
Megastar
N

apparent point airlane and bulb !!!

Light need the same time for distance L ( bulb camera )
during light is traveling airplane not wait

400 km/h
800 km/h

Important animation apparent point def.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aberrationlighttimebeaming.gif

please study where is Airplane A and B after short time ?
how look light's cone respect to point where A and B airplane
were in the same line and buls started signal)

Gravitation also work respect to apparent point !!!
not respect to fresh SUN position !!!
( I'm sorry below picture I have small mistake F1 is bigger than F2 I made my blog 3-5 days after first test I don't want to chaange evidence "data ")

FORCES INSIDE ATHOMS also WORK RESPECT TO APPARENT POINT !!!

e -----C --------e

FUNDAMENTS ( physics ) AND CONSTANT MOTION ???
For Gallileo it is impossible recognize absolute constant motion from inside own coordination system

( coordination system is moving with US and all mass that we are using for test also )

GALLILEO forget about waves and apparent point ----1730 J.Bradley ) All optics instruments that we are using on the Earth showing not fresh positions objests that we are observing

We have new physics = fact
problem is that many IDIOTS must say UPPPPS I'm SORRY
we made mistake 400 Years old step by step we build illusion

Last edited by newton; 09/22/13 10:17 AM.
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
POOR POOR NEWTON .. you are up against a mountain of experiments and results and you just look more and more stupid and desperate.

All of those experiments like electrical induced transparency you haven't got the slightest answer for how they would come about under your stupidity.

I am comfortable no sane student or layman reading the threads can be under illusion you are anything but a nutcase I will happily retire and leave you and the other lunatic to it as the evidence against you both is compelling and daming laugh

Task completed I move onto next challenge smile

Last edited by Orac; 09/22/13 12:09 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Haha poor Paul you walked right into that one ... So does a BEC exist or not Paul laugh

Got two nutcases for the price of one it was a bonus!

BEC , is not QM !!!!!!

helium 4 superfluids were discovered in 1938...

QMtards just claim it like they try to claim everything else.

rubidium 87 and laser cooling does not equate to fantasy QM science.
rubidium 87 actually exist!
and
laser cooling actually exist!

combining the two in a process is actually possible and therefore cannot be attached to any QMtard fantasy.

you really amuse me with your ignorance orac.

Quote:
The photon never exists in the media at all in techno speak

LOL, dont you mean QMtard speak , because technically
and physically the photon is in the medium interacting
with the atoms in the medium.

but I guess retards will be QMtards.

you are what you eat.

it must be simple feeding QMtards the piles of crap that they
consume.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Paul, just to give you some idea of how laser cooling works here is a link to The first of a series of posts by Chad Orzel on creating super cooled atoms.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
OR he could just Wikipedia it laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose%E2%80%93Einstein_condensate

Quote:

A Bose–Einstein condensate (BEC) is a state of matter of a dilute gas of bosons cooled to temperatures very close to absolute zero (that is, very near 0 K or −273.15 °C[1]). Under such conditions, a large fraction of the bosons occupy the lowest quantum state, at which point quantum effects become apparent on a macroscopic scale. These effects are called macroscopic quantum phenomena.

Hard to think what he thinks is non QM about it the whole thing you couldn't even describe using classic physics even Einstein described them as such.

As you try to un QM your world Paul it is all going to blow up in your face smile

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Bill

I already know how laser cooling works.

I hope your not trying to attach laser cooling to the
reply you made earlier stating that the photons do not
interact with the atoms in a media , where you suggested
that there would be no photon interaction with atoms in
the media due to the frequencies of the atoms in the media.

look at white light and a prism , where the white light is separated into its individual frequencies through interaction.

this clearly shows interaction.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Hard to think what he thinks is non QM about it the whole thing you couldn't even describe using classic physics even Einstein described them as such.

LOL, just like I said , a gas ! a laser ! = non QMtard involvement.

its all classical , and eventually the QMtards will have no
fantasy to fantasize about.

even einstein !

Quote:
Einstein himself is well known for rejecting some of the claims of quantum mechanics. While clearly contributing to the field, he did not accept many of the more "philosophical consequences and interpretations" of quantum mechanics, such as the lack of deterministic causality. He is famously quoted as saying, in response to this aspect, "My God does not play with dice".

N
Megastar
Megastar
N
Hi Orac
below picture You add to my topic about Apparent doppler

DO you see circle ? OR ELLIPSE ( I MARKED ARROW )

above picture story ( below link )
http://io9.com/the-first-image-ever-of-a-hydrogen-atoms-orbital-struc-509684901

above picture = evidence that ultra precision microscope
see ellipse ( the Reason is absolute Earth motion and abberation 1730 J. Bradley )

Very important is my post about " LONG PIPE TEST in ligo "

we have NEW ultra strong tool to evaluate with huge precission where is electron or where are electrons

electron has got mass m ( mass m is moving around atom's center ) Athom's center is moving inside absolute space

Everyone can repeat below test in home ( I started think about motion one years ago )

TIME and Space ARE WERE and WILL BE ABSOLUTE !!!!

I SOLVED IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLVE FOR OLD PHYSICS PROBLEM

MY TEST VERY SRONG COOPERATE WITH MR MACH IDEA ( EINSTEIN MADE MISTAKE HE could more stronger cooperate with MR MACH )

MACH !! MACH is KING

MACH FAR FAR STAR = MAROSZ BULB AND PHOTOCAMERA TEST !!!

SOLAR SYSTEM AND MOTION ( WINTER SUMMER )

atomic clock problem ( Electron velocity = constant )
if atom's center is moving faster ====> natural implication is that electron is making longer distance respect to absolute space There is no ANY SECRETS about different time

ATOMIC CLOCKS PERIOD NATURAL CHANGE ( cleare classical mechanic) zero dilatation ....!!! and ... and...

Einstein made totaly mistake

N
Megastar
Megastar
N
"SOMEONE"
MUST HELP ME TAKE ALL INFORMATIONS in ONE HUGE ARTICLE

my english is bad
I not have money for professional support but all what I
describe on this forum = many new questions !!!

many people must see new model and
we people must eliminate step by step
matematical speculations from real physics

We must study more stronger classical mechanic problems
Nothing is relative all bodies has got some kinetic energy
Energy has got direction and arrow

Constat velocity is symetry only for first look
please study more precission problems That I share with You
on this forum

we can recognize and measure constant velocity
Each body in the universe has got own special apparent point!

Exist some center ? where we from ? why we slown down ?
what is it dark mattery ? black holes ?

PLEASE ADD APPARENT POINT TO MANY OBSERVATIONS
we must ask about help astronomers !!!

Last edited by newton; 09/22/13 04:14 PM.
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
You got the seek help part right smile

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: paul
I hope your not trying to attach laser cooling to the reply you made earlier stating that the photons do not interact with the atoms in a media , where you suggested that there would be no photon interaction with atoms in the media due to the frequencies of the atoms in the media.

I clearly did not say that there is no interaction. I clearly said that the atoms in the material do not absorb and re-emit the photons. That is a completely different statement from what you have tried to make it be.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
lets recap this.

Originally Posted By: orac
...and as I later learnt there is a reason the light doesn't actually travel in the medium at all.

pokey then questioned orac as follows.

Originally Posted By: pokey
Are you saying that the photon that first touches the medium is not the one that "exits" the medium?

heres what I said.

Quote:
this is getting interesting.
from what I understand its not the same as the one that entered , because photons are emitted through excitement.

the atoms get excited by photons entering the medium then they emit photons.etc...etc...etc... then the light exits the medium.

and heres what you said . and you started it off with "No"
as if I was wrong.

Quote:
No, I think Orac mentioned that idea, and that it is not correct. The electrons in an atom can absorb radiation only at specific wavelengths. Each atom absorbs a discrete set of wavelengths. So with a white light the only wavelengths of light that would be affected would be the ones that corresponded to the wavelengths that the molecules in that substance could absorb. The index of refraction does depend somewhat on wavelength, that's why you get a refraction pattern when you shine a white light through a prism. But if it was being absorbed and re-emitted it wouldn't work for all wavelengths.

Bill Gill

did orac reply to pokeys question?

yes.

it never exist at all in the medium..

so orac probably did state that earlier as you said.

I wonder if orac will link to that information or will
he rant and rave about religion and allow the rant to be
his answer to pokey and the rave to cover it up?

LOL

P
P
Originally Posted By: Orac

Originally Posted By: Orac

Light traveling within a medium is no longer a disturbance solely of the electromagnetic field, but rather a disturbance of the field and the positions and velocities of the charged particles (electrons) within the material.

My simple at the moment interpretation, taken mostly from " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refractive_index " the "Microscopic explanation" section.

The disturbance in the electromagnetic field (light) when in a media disturbs the charged particles (electrons) in the media.

[Does this cause the electrons to form dipoles?]

This disturbance (of the position and velocity of the electrons in the media) cause them to oscillate (shake) at the same
frequency as the incoming wave, these electrons then radiate their own EM wave that is at the same frequency but usually
with a phase delay, which is where the slowing (index of refraction) comes from.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Pokey is very perceptive and has worked it out !!!!

You can get phase and frequency shift and all sorts of effects now you understand the principle.

Originally Posted By: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_light

There are many mechanisms which can generate slow light, all of which create narrow spectral regions with high dispersion, i.e. peaks in the dispersion relation. Schemes are generally grouped into two categories: material dispersion and waveguide dispersion. Material dispersion mechanisms such as Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT), Coherent Population Oscillation (CPO), and various Four Wave Mixing (FWM) schemes produce a rapid change in refractive index as a function of optical frequency, i.e. they modify the temporal component of a propagating wave. This is done by using a nonlinear effect to modify the dipole response of a medium to a signal or "probe" field. Waveguide dispersion mechanisms such as photonic crystals, Coupled Resonator Optical Waveguides (CROW), and other micro-resonator structures modify the spatial component (k-vector) of a propagating wave. Slowlight can also be achieved exploiting the dispersion properties of planar waveguides realized with single negative metamaterials (SNM) [5] [6] or double negative metamaterials (DNM).[7]

The important things we have leant is that the idea of wave/particle duality has been replaced by only the wave behavior and we have that light in a media is a bit more than just light.

You will also note the new understanding also has huge implications going forward which also gets lost my the media.

Originally Posted By: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_light

Potential use:

Slow light could be used to greatly reduce noise, which could allow all types of information to be transmitted more efficiently. Also, optical switches controlled by slow light [9] could cut power requirements a million-fold compared to switches now operating everything from telephone equipment to supercomputers.[1] Slowing light could lead to a more orderly traffic flow in networks. Meanwhile, slow light can be used to build interferometers that are far more sensitive to frequency shift as compared to conventional interferometers. This property can be used to build better, smaller frequency sensor and compact high resolution spectrometers.

And that's the memo.

Last edited by Orac; 09/23/13 10:10 AM.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Pokey is very perceptive and has worked it out !!!!

perceptive or gullible?

you ( orac ) said the light ( photon , electromagnetic wave ) never existed inside the medium.

you were wrong , your just too full of it to admit it.

excerpts from pokeys link.

Quote:
At the microscale, an electromagnetic wave's phase speed is slowed in a material because the electric field creates a disturbance in the charges of each atom (primarily the electrons)

in the above using the words electromagnetic wave is the same as saying a photon.

a photon is a electromagnet wave

Quote:

As the electromagnetic fields oscillate in the wave, the charges in the material will be "shaken" back and forth at the same frequency
The charges thus radiate their own electromagnetic wave that is at the same frequency, but usually with a phase delay,

the above says that a photon excites an atom and a photon is emitted.

needless to say , when the atom emits a photon , a photon has likewise been absorbed , else
the light waves ( photons ) would be greatly increased in number as they interact and pass through a medium.

pokeys link does not state that the photon does not exist inside the medium as you have erroneously claimed.

how could the photon ( electromagnetic wave , light ) slow
down if there is no interaction?

answer , it cant.

there must be interaction , the light must be in the medium
in order for the interaction to occur.

however if two QMtards were having a discussion about it then
there would be no boundaries or limits to the impossibilities.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
You have my sympathy Paul ... sorry it must be hard .. everyone else worked it out smile

It like most things will remain a mystery to you.

Last edited by Orac; 09/23/13 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.