Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hey, I came across this really cool idea to image body parts without anything radioactive or damaging. Basically by injecting new biotin linkers you can scan the health of organs. I thought this was really cool. They are some details here http://marblar.com/challenge/biotin/idea/1319

It is quite complicated though and I'm not sure I totally understand it. Can anyone confirm that this is actually possible??

Thanks!

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Hi Dan,
Not sure I understand it either.
Its one thing making a new discovery, by painting a cancer in a laboratory and detecting a subtle change in frequency or colour. As the article implies.
But its quite another to detect a fluorecent or colour change, under the bright lights of an operating theatre, while possibly operating upon a patient?.
If that is to be the final idea.

I picked up a similar but very different theme, when I wrote about the 'Amazing iKnife Invention' regarding Cancer, a few days ago, on the 18th July. Under the General Science Heading.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.