Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48769 06/02/13 02:17 AM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Scientists may be able to see the thousands of Black Holes lurking near the center of our Milky Way, thru the effects of a gigantic speeding black cloud, that will reach our Galatic Center this September.
The Black Cloud is immense, about three times the size of Pluto's orbit. Its expected that a lot of it will be sucked into our Galaxy's massive central Black Hole, as it passes on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22694229

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
I'm going to say that there are no tiny black holes in the vicinity of our galaxy's huge black hole.

it wouldn't make sense for there to be tiny black holes because
they would have been sucked into our huge black hole.

black holes have massive gravitational attraction even if they
are tiny by comparison to other's.

and this attraction denies the ability of a tiny black holes existence at the center of our galaxy.

but that's just me and my simpleton logic.

let's just wait and see.

maybe , just maybe I'm wrong!

go figure!

I suppose that if a tiny black hole had enough velocity it could orbit a larger black hole , but then it would be devouring anything in its orbital path gaining mass , I choose not to think that such things could exist for long.

they would become more and more massive and either leave the galaxy or be sucked into our huge black hole at the center of our galaxy.

hmmmmmmmmm...

given that , I must admit that there may be
black hole systems , like a solar system
but made up of only black holes !!

a more massive black hole at the center and lesser massive black holes orbiting the center massive black hole.

interesting.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Small black holes could certainly exist near the galactic center. If a black hole comes into existence it will have a number of possible fates, as I see it.

1. It can orbit the galactic center, after all that is probably what it was doing before it became a black hole.

2. It can spiral in and merge with the massive black hole that already exists at the galactic center.

3. It can be ejected from the galaxy due to gravitational perturbation by other suns and/or the central black hole.

And remember that all of these situations take time to develop. Generally all the members of a galaxy are traveling at relatively low velocities. Our sun is traveling at around 220 kps, not very fast. So any of these 3 fates for a black hole will take millions of years to come about.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
to me this is interesting , 220 kps = 491,000 mph apx.

that's actually fast to me.

I wonder how fast those stars that are about to enter the
black hole are traveling?

and with each star that enters , the black hole gains mass
which means that its gravitational force increases.

which means that its attraction on the earth increases.

I may have to make a program to see how fast the sun will be
traveling just before it enters the black hole.

my problem would be calculating the additional mass added to the black hole given that I dont know what all the other stars
and planets are made of.

and then there would be no atoms as we know them inside
a black hole , they would all be packed in so tight that
they would lose energy and implode or collapse in on themselves as the electrons in each atom is slowed to a stop due to compression between other atoms in the black hole.

so that would mean that making a program would not be an easy
thing to do as I would need to know what all the stars and planets are made of.

or would I?

the distance between a electron and its nucleus.

mostly empty space.

and why black holes are so heavy.

our galaxy travels through our universe at a speed of apx 1.3 million mph.

how far have you traveled in light years since you were born?

1.3 x 24 x 365 x your age x 1,000,000 = distance traveled since birth.

1 light year = 5.874 trillion miles.

distance traveled since birth / 5.874 trillion miles = your travel in light years.

59 yo = 0.1143 light years !

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Paul

distance traveled since birth / 5.874 trillion miles = your travel in light years.

59 yo = 0.1143 light years !

And the next nearest star, after the sun, is about 4.2 light years away. So in a life time we travel the equivalent of less than 5% of the distance to the next star. I'm not going to worry about falling into the central black hole anytime soon. In fact all of these things usually take millions of years to happen.

The only place that these sorts of things happen faster is of course in the galactic center, where things orbit the massive black hole at speeds that are relatively fast, just because the orbits are small enough so that they can be "seen" on our time frame.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.