Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
CO2 not to blame for global warming, claims new study that argues global cooling has already begun

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20130431024351data_trunc_sys.shtml

Quote:
"Most [climate change] theories expect that global temperatures will continue to increase as CO2 levels continue to rise, as they have done since 1850. What's striking is that since 2002, global temperatures have actually declined - matching a decline in CFCs in the atmosphere," Professor Lu said. "My calculations of CFC greenhouse effect show that there was global warming by about 0.6 °C from 1950 to 2002, but the Earth has actually cooled since 2002. The cooling trend is set to continue for the next 50-70 years as the amount of CFCs in the atmosphere continues to decline."

Central to the controversial new projection of lower global temperatures is Professor Lu's cosmic-ray-driven electron-reaction (CRE) theory of ozone depletion. "It was generally accepted for more than two decades that the Earth's ozone layer was depleted by the Sun's ultraviolet light-induced destruction of CFCs in the atmosphere," he explained. "But in contrast, CRE theory says cosmic rays play the dominant role in breaking down ozone-depleting molecules and then ozone."

Lu's theory is strengthened by observations of cosmic ray, CFC, ozone, and stratospheric temperature data over several 11-year solar cycles. "CRE is the only theory that provides us with an excellent reproduction of 11-year cyclic variations of both polar ozone loss and stratospheric cooling," said Professor Lu. "After removing the natural cosmic-ray effect, my new paper shows a pronounced recovery by 20 percent of the Antarctic ozone hole, consistent with the decline of CFCs in the polar stratosphere."

Impressively, by linking CFCs, ozone depletion, and temperature changes in the Antarctic, Professor Lu has been able to draw an almost perfect correlation between rising global surface temperatures and CFCs in the atmosphere. "The climate in the Antarctic stratosphere has been completely controlled by CFCs and cosmic rays, with no CO2 impact," he notes. "The change in global surface temperature after the removal of the solar effect has shown zero correlation with CO2 but a nearly perfect linear correlation with CFCs - a correlation coefficient as high as 0.97."

very good.
Will Parker

this means that we can cool the earth in the future as needed
when needed.

for now we need to maintain the warm climate.
and improve our distribution of global warmers.

heres another one I like.

Volcanoes keeping a lid on global warming
http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20130203210817data_trunc_sys.shtml

everything is conneted.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
IF Global Cooling has already begun....Then we can all expect the Ice to slow and stop melting on both sides of our Poles.
No I dont think so.
You would be a madman to think or suggest such a thing

Even the National Center for Atmospheric Research predicts an ice-free Arctic by 2040.
While Canada is getting organised to charge a tax on shipping going thru her territorys on their way to Europe, and the East.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy...every_year.html

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
IF Global Cooling has already begun....Then we can all expect the Ice to slow and stop melting on both sides of our Poles.

do you really believe that Mike?

that both poles will get cooler no matter what influences we impose on the environment!

and you say it would take a madman to think such things , in my opinion , and my belief
on the subject , madness or at least an extreme lack of the ability to project data onto or into a
feasible scenario would be a requirement for one to think that both poles would cool.

do you also believe that at night while you sleep the warmth
from the other side of the earth that is exposed to sunlight
is being distributed worldwide?

I'm more akin to believe that warmth from the sun is distributed locally where the warmth contacts the earth and that warmth is not magically transported through the earth warming the other side where you sleep.

in the same way that our current distribution of global warmers
are mostly in the northern hemisphere , the warmth from those
warmers is distributed locally to the northern hemisphere.

the video in your ( biased ) link shows only the amount and
velocity of ice melt at the northern pole.

if I boil water in a pot on my stove will a pot of water on
your stove also begin to boil with no flame under it?

if we both took separate video's of the pots of water on our stoves and then spliced them into one video could we see the effects of heat on water?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.