Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
This experiment may reveal a naturally occurring self-organizing mechanism that resides in the vacuum of space. These structures are constantly formed and maintained by celestial objects throughout the universe. Further discovery will allow the control and movement of an object without the application of force. This experiment only reveals its basic existence.

The experiment requires a glass ball, "crystal ball" used as a second mass in addition to the experimenter. I used a 6" (150mm) diameter ~ 9 lb (4Kg) ball. There is a sequence to the experiment that has to be followed or else I am fairly certain it will fail. It also needs to be performed on solid ground - no basements or crawlspaces below.

It involves this important sequence: ***FIRST*** rotate yourself and the ball held in your right hand somewhat away from your waist, in the CCW direction (as viewed from above) for several revolutions. ***THEN***, while maintaining rotation of yourself, reverse the ball's rotation by passing it hand to hand around waist in the opposite direction of your own rotation, forming an orbit close to your waist. But do not bring the ball to zero velocity WRT earth. Allow slow CCW orbit of ball WRT earth. If successful, you will feel the ball tug at your waist, and at that instant you will no longer need to balance yourself.

Proceed at your own risk. Should you consider giving it a try, I would suggest surrounding the area with cushioned gym or exercise mats in case you loose balance and take a fall. Also provide a carpet and additional rug to prevent breakage in the event the ball is dropped, which may occur in one mode of the experiment.

More detailed info at link below.

http://inertiaexp.com

or

http://sites.google.com/site/diygravity

--

I
OP Offline
I

Correction: The experiment doesn't require a glass ball, but requires a suitable mass. The mass I had available to me happened to be made of glass. It's density and transparency come in handy however.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
I would like to see this.
could you take a video and post it to you tube then
link to it in a post?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.