Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
T

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Who says that science doesn't address the important issues of the day?

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Superstar
Superstar
it seems a shame to waste such a good mind on making a machine to split Oreos. Everyone already has a good machine for splitting Oreos. They're called hands. My father was a physicist, and when he twiddled in the garage at least he came up with something useful, a wildlife tracking collar.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
it seems a shame to waste such a good mind on making a machine to split Oreos. Everyone already has a good machine for splitting Oreos. They're called hands. My father was a physicist, and when he twiddled in the garage at least he came up with something useful, a wildlife tracking collar.

The determination of what has meaning and what is useful is going to be an ongoing quality of the individual perspective.

Everyone wants to rule the world for fear of being ruled by the ideals of those who do not find commonality in the personal reality.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
There is a facility just become available for Dave to continue his great work on oreo's. It cost $3.5 Billion to build and has failed terribly at it's original goal so I say give it to Dave to make something useful.

http://www.physicstoday.org/daily_editio...chieve_ignition

Quote:

On 30 September the National Ignition Facility's (NIF's) two-year-long National Ignition Campaign (NIC) officially came to an end. Despite multiple attempts on the part of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory scientists to create miniature laser-driven thermonuclear explosions, they failed to achieve ignition, the point at which the fusion energy yield exceeds the energy required to start the reaction.

Last edited by Orac; 02/28/13 04:17 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.