Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

I cant see anything like that on the page
or like what you initially posted.

Quote:
Video not available outside the US.

so am I to blame for the actions of the uploader?

Quote:
The censorship is within your own borders.

the uploader was probably advised by youtube or some other entity to only make the video available in the U.S. due to
the oppression in other parts of the world.

you guys have already stated that this type of advertisement
was illegal in your countries didn't you?

perhaps he was being overly cautious.

believe me and I will lead you wrong in every direction.

lets test this...

go get your pistols and your assault riffles and lay them
on the kitchen table.

now count them.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #48154 02/26/13 11:38 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
back on topic

heres a few more video's on the Gerson Therapy

she was told there is no cure and we'll need to amputate your arm.

another therapy alkaline
Dr. Robert Young on the Importance of Juicing

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #48166 02/28/13 12:47 AM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Paul- I am not unduly worried about the barring of this information. I know that the provision to ban claims of unproven cancer cures came about because of the cruel behaviour of many 'doctors' and such-like who preyed on the desperate patients with cancer. The ban was enacted many years ago.

I am not aware that the death rate for cancer in Australia is horrifically high, compared to other counties- in fact Australia has one of the highest rates of life expectancy in the world. I am aware that for some forms of the disease the cure rate is, in fact, increasing markedly. Some cancers are still hard to treat, and that is the problem with cancer. There is not only one type, and the causes and cures for one are different from the causes and cures for another. So claiming an overall cure cure is rather unlikely.

Whilst such claims do offer hope for some, such treatment is often unpleasant, often unsuccessful and usually time consuming for people who have really not got much time left.

Last edited by Ellis; 02/28/13 12:53 AM.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
I know that the provision to ban claims of unproven cancer cures came about because of the cruel behaviour of many 'doctors' and such-like who preyed on the desperate patients with cancer. The ban was enacted many years ago.

I know that there are crooks out there who sell snake oil
to desperate people , but there are also people out there
who have proven that some of these cures work.

so your ban is found to be unjustified.

also your ban is found to be cruel to those who seek a cure.

your ban is oppression not protection.

that's just the way I see it , and as you know I'm always right.

LOL

BTW , a similar oppression is available to people in the U.S.
as the facilities that facilitate these cures are not allowed to
practice in the U.S. but that is changing mainly through testimonials
such as those found in the many videos.

and your ban will also change.

I'm certainly glad that she didn't listen to those who are not
banned.

paul #48180 02/28/13 09:59 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
This will be my only reply on this thread. Any more would just be feeding the trolls.

The reason that all medical treatments have to be approved before they can be advertised and sold is that the majority of the unapproved treatments are snake oil. They may be harmless, but they do not do what they are claimed to do and they may also be dangerous.

The problem with personal anecdotes as to the efficacy of a treatment is that there is no real proof that the treatment actually provided the relief that the person felt. The idea that it did is: "I did A and then B happened". This is a logical fallacy known as "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" which means, "After this, therefore because of this". The only way to show that the treatment actually works is to do a large study in which the treatment is given to many patients to see what the actual response is. The study should be a double blind experiment. That is there are 2 groups of patients. One group is given the real treatment, the other is given a placebo. However, neither they nor the doctor giving them the treatment knows which is which. That is why it is "double blind", both the patient and the administering researcher are blind as to what is being given. When the results are evaluated it is possible to see that X% of patients given the treatment improved, and Y% of the patients given the placebo improved. Then you can get a real idea of whether the treatment is successful.

And to some extent even that can be misleading. Remember Thalidomide. It was tested in Europe and was widely accepted for a number of different uses, including as a really good sleeping pill that helped pregnant women with morning sickness. In some of them it also helped them have seriously deformed babies. It was never approved in the United States the head of the FDA refused to approve it while under pressure to do so. He said he thought it needed more study.

Based on the history of thalidomide and the fact the the treatments in the videos have not faced the extensive testing now required for approval of drugs/treatments I think that the ban on advertising unapproved medical treatments is a good thing.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Bill #48181 02/28/13 10:31 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
The only way to show that the treatment actually works is to do a large study in which the treatment is given to many patients to see what the actual response is. The study should be a double blind experiment.

yes there needs to be a double blind study in order to confirm
the ability of the gerson therapy to those who cannot see.

Quote:
both the patient and the administering researcher are blind as to what is being given.

perhaps this would be acceptable if there were a committee consisting of people who did know who would agree to a 50 year
assessment of their bank accounts and financial records , just in case the medical industry decided to maintain their current murder rates by bribing the committee members.

personally , I really don't care if the medical community or the fda don't approve , I choose to believe those who have
undergone the therapy not those who are protecting their income.

President Reagan declared war on cancer and the fda has been
getting millions of dollars annually , so there you go.

how much do you think these studies cost?

why do you think that these studies have not taken place?

FEAR , would be my choice.
fear of loosing a 200 billion dollar a year heard of sheeple.

Quote:
Twenty Year Veteran:

"This is a multi-billion dollar per year industry and a "cure" would put a lot of people out of work."

by Geraldine Philips
(henrymakow.com)

I work for a "cancer research center" and I call it this only because that is in their actual name.

I have seen and read things that boggle the mind in the so-called treatment of folks over the years. The only explanation is that once the "C" word comes up, people become deaf and dumb to anything but how to rid themselves of this horrible plague.

Treatment is akin to using leaches...and worse...but at a far far far greater price. Walk in without insurance coverage and see how much "treatment" you get.

Cap out your existing coverage in the middle of treatment...and treatment ceases. Immediately. This is and probably always has been about money.

I keep telling people to stop giving money to the "cancer research" because no one is frigging looking for a cure (we have several and they have been carefully hidden away from public view)...this is a multi-billion dollar per year industry and a "cure" would put a lot of people out of work.
- See more at: http://www.henrymakow.com/by_geraldine_philips_henrymako.html#sthash.YgdA2kmj.dpuf

paul #48182 02/28/13 10:56 PM
N
N
Originally Posted By: paul

personally , I really don't care if the medical community or the fda don't approve , I choose to believe those who have
undergone the therapy not those who are protecting their income.

Wow, the ignorance never ceases to amaze.

Not that these people claiming it worked, could possibly have been paid, just like your big brother scenario. But that's tinfoil hat thinking right there.

Immodium causes me to bleed profusely from certain orifices, so my own experience means that Immodium obviously makes everyone bleed. Ban it all together.
And I know paul believes me, since I underwent that therapy, and I am not protecting my income.

Last edited by Neohippy; 02/28/13 10:56 PM.

Laziness breeds innovation
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
being ignorant is of course your choice.

but your being ignorant does not mean that everyone
should follow you and your ignorance.

I suppose you have some type of proof that these people
were not cured by the therapy.

otherwise you are just voicing your ignorant opinion.

perhaps you could explain why this young lady still has
her arm , the same arm that modern medicine wanted to remove
at the shoulder?

because modern medicine did not have any treatment that
would keep her arm intact usable and attached to her body.

if you were not voicing your ignorant opinion then that
means that your opinion was a educated one or your opinion
came from one who has an educated opinion.

either way she still has her arm.

no thanks to modern medicine , the fda , or any of the
organizations or agencies that receive millions each year
to do what the Gerson Therapy accomplished.

paul #48188 03/01/13 03:36 PM
N
N
Originally Posted By: paul
being ignorant is of course your choice.

but your being ignorant does not mean that everyone
should follow you and your ignorance.

I suppose you have some type of proof that these people
were not cured by the therapy.

otherwise you are just voicing your ignorant opinion.

perhaps you could explain why this young lady still has
her arm , the same arm that modern medicine wanted to remove
at the shoulder?

because modern medicine did not have any treatment that
would keep her arm intact usable and attached to her body.

if you were not voicing your ignorant opinion then that
means that your opinion was a educated one or your opinion
came from one who has an educated opinion.

either way she still has her arm.

no thanks to modern medicine , the fda , or any of the
organizations or agencies that receive millions each year
to do what the Gerson Therapy accomplished.

And ever since I've been wearing this hat, I have never been attacked by a bear. So it's obviously a bear repellent, and a damn good one. By your logic, I should be advertising it as thus?

I'm not voicing my opinion on the videos, as I cannot view them, nor care to. I'm voicing my opinion on your 'stop the presses' take one example and call it gospel approach.

Wanna buy a bear proof hat?

Also paul, did you know... sometimes cancer actually just goes away? It does indeed happen, so should we adopt a policy of non-action based on those few instances? Where do you draw the line?

Laziness breeds innovation
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
I'm voicing my opinion on your 'stop the presses' take one example and call it gospel approach.

one example ?

Quote:
and call it gospel approach.

its not one example.
its more examples than modern medicine has to offer however.

most of the patients are the ones who have already been told
by modern medicine that there is no more hope.
and they are sent home to die.

and of these there is an apx 50% cure rate.

that's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

much better than the .01% cure rate with modern medicine.

BTW , if you haven't viewed the videos then how can
you consider yourself as someone who can argue the
contents of the videos?

as for science involved in modern medicine its
maily

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.