Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47810 01/25/13 11:30 PM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
This is the brand new fantastic Hi-Res Live Webcam overlooking Times Square, New York.
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/#

Looks as though you are just 100yds away from the action.
(you might need a free upgrade to Media player or similar)

Not all the Cams have sound
(47th&Broadway) does

Be a part of the new FanCam every day at 1 p.m. ET when the GigapixelCam pans Times Square, creating a 1 billion pixel image. The souvenir panorama is available the next day as a keepsake from The Crossroads of the World.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
That is amazing! I could watch it all day! I had no sound-- but I watched 4 people who were taking photos of each other in the middle of the paved area. They were having lots of fun.

I must say I was disappointed there was no snow! It would be great to see a real time snowfall!

We now have pouring rain here in Southern Victoria, as well as bush fires. Hard to do--- but we are managing it this weird 'summer'.

Superstar
Superstar
I hope your rains put out your brush fires. Keep watching, a cold front is coming to New York and it should bring some precipitation with it. I know because it is here right now and the temperature is less that 7 degrees F (about -25 C) and it is moving that way.

Last edited by Amaranth Rose II; 02/01/13 01:11 AM.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
I had a look, but still no snow--- but something MUCH better. A dog was being taken for walkies IN TIMES SQUARE!!! It was acting just like any dog anywhere, ie. trotting along, sniffing things vigorously, etc. No leg lifting, (maybe it was a girl dog).

I must say a dog walking happily and calmly with its people was the last thing I expected to see and it made my day.

The bushfires are not out (they are expected to burn for weeks) , but they have retreated from inhabited areas after a wind change. Of course. like some Californian vegetation, a lot of the Australian bush needs fire in order to regenerate, so in the remoter areas there is not the same need to put the fires out- and so they are contained. (At least we hope they are).

Last edited by Ellis; 02/02/13 12:34 AM.
Superstar
Superstar
I'm glad to hear your bushfires are posing less of a hazard. Right now the greatest danger here is of freezing to death. It's still a few degrees below freezing. Tomorrow is supposed to get up above freezing, though. Rather strange weather for us. I've not been out of the house for about a week. There must be some place on Earth that doesn't get so cold in the Winter and so hot in Summer. Maybe we should take up migration, like the birds, follow the weather. Kind of hard to make a living that way, though. Every form of refuge has its price.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
PatGrrr
Unregistered
PatGrrr
Unregistered
P
There are not that webcams Earthcam to see Times Square!

Watch webcam traffic is listed on the website of Patrick Senecal. wink

Times Square --> http://wxyzwebcams.com/en/webcam-7.php
In the distance the One Times Square building -- > http://wxyzwebcams.com/en/webcam-1119.php

#48694 05/19/13 02:06 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
There are not that webcams Earthcam to see Times Square!

Am they be go?

than webcam times square that earthcam wtf!

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
The bad English seems to be catching.

However regarding the Times Square Web Camera's
the ones labeled '47th & Broadway' and 'Crossroads' are not only live, but it is the only two that catches street sounds.

'Crossroads' auto changes its camera view every few minutes,
both are very good and worth watching, in sunshine at around mid-day.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/#

hopefully that helps you,'PatGrrr'?

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 05/21/13 06:21 PM. Reason: addition.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
I really like this!

Was that plane on Broadway the lego one? And ANOTHER dog was going walkies. I am amazed that I have seen a dog twice now when I watched this-- and it's after 10 pm. Seems late for dog walking.

That city truly never sleeps. Massive crowds and traffic everywhere, even the pigeons are awake.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.