Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Bill S. #47770 01/22/13 10:24 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Perhaps it really is time for pastures new.

why?

what would be the point?

for the wolf pack.

just look in your science books and read , that's all that
you guys really need to do.

because if its not found in the science books or has not been proclaimed as being mainstream science then you will not consider it as a topic that is worthy of discussion anyway so why go anywhere else and do the exact same thing there that you do here?

also , if you only go by what is in the books and what is
mainstream then having a discussion on any topic is futile
because all you really need to do is either read the science books or read what you can find on the internet and other forms
of media.

no discussion is necessary because you are not going to
consider anything other than what is mainstream.

new pasture to you guys would really be nothing new.

unless your in search of a more gullible grouping of thinkers
to extend your negativeness into.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Bill S. #47772 01/23/13 01:44 AM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

I believe that Carey's memory deserves better than to be immured by the rag-bag of parasitic crackpots who pick over the carrion of his life's work seeking their own aggrandisement.

That is a common theme to the only reason I persisted because there was a debasement of the hard work of many fine scientists who like all of us have shortcomings.

I have never had any interest in exchanging insults; either indulging in it myself or watching the unedifying spectacle of others doing it.

For me it was quite liberating I can't get away with that sort of behaviour at work or on most forums so it became sort of fun but I do conceed somewhat unseemly for the spectators and by then I had an objective and Paul became my greatest assistant.

In the end we did manage to get thru the energy and mass story and show the dead ends but really didn't get to cover as much detail as the subject needs.

Now you have seen the dead end I really encourage you to go back and pick up the Aharonov–Bohm effect and follow the story.

Perhaps it really is time for pastures new.

Oh I think it was time for that a while ago and you realised that as much as I did you are just a loyal person. You have an enquiring mind and interest in the story of the universe and it is not half as hard or complex as you think to go thru the science of what is known and follow each thread and step. You can read around the complicated mathematics because anything written in mathematics will have been checked to get published as part of the peer review.

Good luck whatever you decide.

As I never like to finish with an enquiring mind I will give you something to think about and a bit of humour.

Do trampolines conserve energy? smile

Last edited by Orac; 01/23/13 01:52 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Orac #47776 01/23/13 04:36 AM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Paul became my greatest assistant.

I don't mind assisting you by showing you your mistakes.
anytime , obigheaded one.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Orac #47779 01/23/13 04:27 PM
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
Do trampolines conserve energy?

Unless Emmy Noether got it wrong, energy is conserved, so I suppose the easy answer is "yes".

I suppose you want me to ask myself if a trampoline is an exception to the law.
If I drop a bowling ball from a given height onto the centre of a trampoline it will bounce for a while, but will soon stop. Hopefully, I can account for all the energy in terms of friction; including ball/air friction, friction between fibres and molecular friction.

An athlete does not come to a stop involuntarily because he/she inputs energy at appropriate junctures. More energy is being put into the system, but there is the additional factor of the rising temperature of the athlete, as well as sustained bouncing.

I see no law breaking here, but if you expect me to do the maths to prove it you're barking up the wrong tree. smile

There never was nothing.
Bill S. #47785 01/23/13 06:19 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Do trampolines conserve energy?

science books and mainstream science says energy is conserved.

that's all I'm willing to say to science books and mainstream science.

Bill S. #47795 01/24/13 10:43 AM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O

I see no law breaking here, but if you expect me to do the maths to prove it you're barking up the wrong tree. smile

Haha no but I happened to see his performance with the circ de soleil it's pretty amazing it almost defies physics just subtle movements of arms at the top of downdrops etc and his body almost returns back to original height.

I really enjoyed the show smile

BTW if you ever want to really feel humbled by your mathematics skill read Emmy Noether's theorem proofs it is extremely challenging for even modern mathematics and physics students. Her work is truely amazing and yet most layman would have no idea who she is.

Last edited by Orac; 01/24/13 10:57 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Orac #47831 01/30/13 12:29 AM
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
One of the two groups with 140km entanglement links have repeated wheelers delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment.

http://phys.org/news/2013-01-einstein-entanglement-quantum-erasure-deconstructs.html

The result confirms all previous results and re-inforces the view

Quote:

The world view that a photon always behaves either definitely as a wave or definitely as a particle would require faster-than-light communication, and should therefore be abandoned as a description of quantum behavior.

There are whispers the chinese are setting up for a repeat of the experiment between an earth and a sateliite in space this year.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.