Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I believe that the time has come for a division of science
in order to separate the factual elements of science from the
fantasy elements of science.

simply because the fantasy elements of what is called science
today is mostly based on outright bullshit.

science has become the blind leading the soon to be blind.

I am calling for actual scientist to secede from what is
now referenced as science and forge a true science from the
ashes of what todays science has burned to the ground.

I would like to invite any of the readers of this forum
including those with goat fantasy fettishes to add their opinions concerning this dire need to restructure science
into a true science that is not based on fantasy or influenced
by monetary contribution.

a science who's focus is bound to truth not lies that are purchased.

a science that earns trust.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Shouldn't this be posted in NQS, since it doesn't concern actual science?

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Well, Paul are you satisfied? I just gave you the opportunity you were looking for to claim that nobody will pay any attention to your ideas, therefore we are all in a giant conspiracy.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
Shouldn't this be posted in NQS, since it doesn't concern actual science?

I think your right , Bill.
good point , actual science is non existent at the moment
so NQS would be the place for this thread.

since the thread is in a fantasy science discussion forum (sagg), then of course this thread belongs in the section of the forum considered to be not quite science (NQS).

it shouldn't be placed in with all the fantasy science.

I should have realized that , sry.

R2 please move this thread to the NQS forum so that it will not be tarnished with the fantasy science threads.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
thank you R2 for moving this thread to the NQS forum.

now that that has been accomplished lets move on to better things.

in this universe everything is bound to physical laws.
these physical laws were written by men.
these physical laws are used as a set of tools to predict how everything in the universe works , and to predict how everything in the universe will react to other things in the universe.

these tools are physics math.

illogic has slipped in and added tools to the tool box
that are designed to give false results in order to support
a theory or theories.

these tools , are the illogical math found in
einstein's theory of relativity SR GR and QM

in physics math supports the theories

einstein's theories could not use physics math because
physics math did not , will not , never could support
the theories.

the logical thing to do was to implement new illogical math in
order to support theories that are illogical.

there is a very large number of people who agree that the use of
this illogical math is necessary even though it gives incorrect results.

destruction from within , is the goal.

science / intelligence is the target.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
there is a very large number...

Congratulations Paul, it is so rare to see people correctly assign the number of the verb in phrases such as this, that I felt a comment was in order.

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:
there is a very large number...
Congratulations Paul, it is so rare to see people correctly assign the number of the verb in phrases such as this, that I felt a comment was in order.
Bill, with the topic in mind, I would like to ask Paul:
What "very large number of people" do you have in mind?
Does this number include any scientists?
What science, or sciences, do you have in mind?
Are you a student in a science? Or an expert? What science?
================================
NB: IN THE PERSONAL MESSAGE section, groups of 2-5 can be set up.
==================
If you prefer not to go public with your responses, you can send a personal message (PM) to a group of us. My user name is Revlgking. The moderators are: Amaranth Rose II, Kate, Mike Kremer
===================
For a detailed paper on the questions: What is science? And how many sciences are there? Go to:
http://social-epistemology.com/2012/09/14/gregory-sandstrom-how-many-sciences-are-there/

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/11/12 05:59 PM. Reason: a

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:

Quote:
Does this number include any scientists?
Are you a student in a science? Or an expert? What science?
================================
NB: IN THE PERSONAL MESSAGE section, groups of 2-5 can be set up.
==================
If you prefer not to go public with your responses, you can send a personal message (PM) to a group of us. My user name is Revlgking. The moderators are: Amaranth Rose II, Kate, Mike Kremer
===================
For a detailed paper on the questions: What is science? And how many sciences are there? Go to:
http://social-epistemology.com/2012/09/14/gregory-sandstrom-how-many-sciences-are-there/

I am impressed by your curiosity.

Megastar
Megastar
In a recent post I wrote
Quote:
Bill S, with the topic in mind, I would like to ask Paul: Some questions ...
Paul, was it jokingly, or was it with contempt, or scorn, that you responded:
Originally Posted By: paul
I am impressed by your curiosity.
And now, seriously and with sincere curiosity, I ask in good humour: How do you choose to impress forum readers? With some answers? Or with silence? smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/12/12 04:49 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
How do you choose to impress forum readers? With some answers? Or with silence?

I like multiple choice questions.

but you left out the most important answer.

Or do you think that those are personal questions?

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: paul
Quote:
How do you choose to impress forum readers? With some answers? Or with silence?

I like multiple choice questions.

but you left out the most important answer.

Or do you think that those are personal questions?
================================================

Don't know [.... ]

Give a number [.... ]

Does this number include any scientists ? Yes [.... ] NO [.... ]

Are you a student? Yes [.... ] Or an expert? No [.... ]

Do you have science in mind? Yes [.... ] No [..... ] Don't know [..... ]

Personal questions ? Which of the above questions are too personal? Give a number [.......] All of them [.......]

Do you like to avoid questions about beliefs? Yes [.......] No, I welcome them [.......]
=====================
Feel free to ask me any question you feel is fair. I will answer them as best I can. Or I will tell you, frankly, my reasons for not doing so. Sometimes I just do not know the best answer. And I always reserve the right to be WRONG.

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/12/12 06:33 PM. Reason: Always helpful

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Rev

Do you remember several months ago when you PM'ed me
asking for my personal information?

did I reply?

I'm not sure why you ask me questions when you know ahead of time that I don't reply.

do you find it odd that I don't reply?

Megastar
Megastar
SOLUTION? just use your ignore button. Then, unlike TT, I will get the message, clearly.

Forums made up of people who know how to have a civilized dialogue of shared ideas are usually successful.

Unless you care to respond, for NOW, I will move on to other things, in the spirit of Agape-love and the Golden Rule to you--and to all. smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/12/12 06:50 PM. Reason: Always helpful

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
That is a truely polite, enlightning and dare I say divine post Rev K.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Actually I think that the original question is an interesting one.

I think it would be correct to suggest that quite a lot (note the unscientific vagueness) of that which is regarded as scientific now was once regarded as magic or fantasy. The inexplicable is a breeding ground for story telling and and invention.

I would go further to suggest that the best scientists are those who have retained that sense of wonder and excitement that should in fact accompany discovery and knowledge.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Orac
That is a truely polite, enlightning and dare I say divine post Rev K.
Thank you, Orac. Now let us explore the topic.

In my opinion, there are thee kinds of science or knowledge, and all are of great value. First there are the natural sciences, which I place under the general heading: SOMATOLOGY.

1. The natural sciences
Quote:
The natural sciences are those branches of science that seek to elucidate the rules that govern the natural world through scientific methods.

The term "natural science" is used to distinguish the subject from the social sciences, which apply the scientific method to study human behavior and social patterns; the humanities, which use a critical or analytical approach to study the human condition; and the formal sciences such as mathematics and logic, which use an a priori, as opposed to factual methodology to study formal systems.
For details, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_science Then there are:

2. The social sciences. Go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_sciences I place these under the general heading: PSYCHOLOGY--the child of philosophy.
Quote:
Social science refers to the academic disciplines concerned with society and human behavior.[1] "Social science" is commonly used as an umbrella term to refer to anthropology, archaeology, criminology, economics, education, history, linguistics, communication studies, political science, international relations, sociology, human geography, and psychology, and includes elements of other fields as well, such as law, cultural studies, environmental studies, and social work.
This brings us to:

3. Spiritual science. Go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_science
Quote:
Anthroposophy, a philosophy founded by Rudolf Steiner, postulates the existence of an objective, intellectually comprehensible spiritual world accessible to direct experience through inner development.

More specifically, it aims to develop faculties of perceptive imagination, inspiration and intuition through cultivating a form of thinking independent of sensory experience, and to present the results thus derived in a manner subject to rational verification.

In its investigations of the spiritual world, anthroposophy aims to attain the precision and clarity attained by the natural sciences in their investigations of the physical world.
The philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, like that of Carl Jung, fits in quite nicely with what I call PNEUMATOLOGY & THEOLOGY--scientific studies of the human and divine spirit.

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
See there you lost me already Rev K you want to use the word science.

Look at your reference on psychology and says it all it is an academic discipline NOT a SCIENCE. There are certain bits of psychology that are scientific but the whole of psychology is not and does not claim to be a SCIENCE.

Infact psychology has got itself into quite a mess recently when they tried to adopt science principles with things such as Multiple Personality Disorder which science methods say is junk and does not exist. There is now a huge controversy raging about the issue and many views on the issue within psychology.

Similarlly I am going to reject spiritual science along the same grounds because I can't test anything.

To you it is probably semantical but to scientists something is either scientific or it isn't, we don't allow ambiguity and subjectivity.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
I think it would be correct to suggest that quite a lot (note the unscientific vagueness) of that which is regarded as scientific now was once regarded as magic or fantasy.

Not only was it "once regarded" as fantasy, I think a lot of it still is.

I'm not suggesting that seemingly fantastic ideas should not be explored, I just think it's important to avoid confusing way-out ideas with established facts - if such things can be said to exist.

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
I just think it's important to avoid confusing way-out ideas with established facts

Well Said

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
It seems that the difficult part might be deciding what is fantasy and what is fact.

One man's fact is another man's crack-pottery!

Wouldn't life be dull if we all agreed? laugh

There never was nothing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.