Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 707 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
We Have rocket without window

inside rocket two people keep photocamera

Cback and Cfront has time of picture set on 1 s
(after start camera will be open only 1 s )

rocket has some velocity V we don't know this velocity

inside rocket is one full hot bulb ( old Edison ) but constant power master source of light

In one time Cback and Cfront and BULB START WORK

Question 1

R = 300 000 km
what power of light will register Cback and Cfront

Question 2

R = 50 m V > 0
what power of light will register Cback and Cfront
( the same or not the same )

Question3 can we use this to measure V in real rocket ?

I want to know Your opinion. I discover somthing new or not only simply Yes or Not
and short explain on this forum

THX

Last edited by Kate; 10/20/12 03:44 AM.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I apologize that I am not sure just what you are saying, but I think you are wanting to know if you can measure the velocity of a closed rocket by measuring the difference in the light intensity at the front and the back of the rocket. If that is your question then you will not be able to do it. The problem with you system is that it is a closed system and therefore will pretty much represent a single reference frame. The velocity of the rocket will not affect the transmission of the light if the reference frames of the 2 points (Cfront and Cback) are not moving with respect to each other and with respect to the light source. This would be true with either Galilean or Special relativity.

Galilean relativity assumes that all velocities are simple additional quantities, in this case the velocities, with respect to each other, are zero, so there would be no observable difference.

Special (Einsteinian) relativity assumes that the speed of light is a constant, and that the relative velocities are dependent on how close the relative velocity of the reference frames is to the speed of light. But in this case the relative velocities are zero, so once again there would be no effect.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.