Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
And you have to see the humour in the scenario I have setup here ... :-)

Yeah I get that I will have to accept "holocaust denial" discussion but Paul and now you are going to have to accept that I have the right to be the "one true GOD".

Now that would be an interesting forum :-)

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Bill S. #45608 09/25/12 02:41 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:
.................... Fat Freddy............

...and Fat Freddy's Cat?

I suppose it's my sense of the ridiculous that brings me back into this ridiculous thread, but if you didn't laugh at it, there might be a risk of depression.

That should give TT something to wax expansive about.

What have I done?

You've exposed the underlying source of all inspiration for true living. To follow the great guru, R. Crumb.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Orac #45621 09/25/12 03:44 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Orac
And you have to see the humour in the scenario I have setup here ... :-)

What this whole whine about the holocaust denial?

Yeah I get that I will have to accept "holocaust denial" discussion but Paul and now you are going to have to accept that I have the right to be the "one true GOD".

Now that would be an interesting forum :-)
You have just as much right to make the claim as anyone does.
However, its one thing to claim to be able to fly, but then jumping off the cliff might decide for you whether or not your claims meet yours and every one elses expectations.

As you might imagine God hasn't met the expectations of most people in any history.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
As you might imagine God hasn't met the expectations of most people in any history.

Of course, God might argue that that was because people were expecting the wrong things.

We all have a right to our expectations, but if we are going to have gods, they must have a right to expectations as well.

There never was nothing.
Orac #45625 09/25/12 05:15 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
BTW, if we stick with this thread it could catch up with the Philosophy of Religions. All we need to do is get Rev posting in it. laugh

There never was nothing.
Bill S. #45627 09/25/12 11:37 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
BTW, if we stick with this thread it could catch up with the Philosophy of Religions. All we need to do is get Rev posting in it. laugh
No doubt he will if given the proper invitation to advertise himself.

Mentioning God is likely to be a way that makes that happen.

Orac #45628 09/26/12 12:29 AM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Um- I'm very interested, possibly curious, as to why God should fulfil OUR expectations? Are we not supposed to live up to those of him/her? Next I'll be reading that the God concept is a human construct!

This area of this topic should be transferred--it seems wrong to debate it without Rev!

Ellis #45629 09/26/12 01:22 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Um- I'm very interested, possibly curious, as to why God should fulfil OUR expectations? Are we not supposed to live up to those of him/her?
Isn't there a conflict regarding the proof or experience of God and what we are told to believe? If everyone knew exactly what they were dealing with, rather than going on whatever we are told by the authority that doesn't live up to its image regarding God, there might be a better image of God and its voice or it's representation.
How many religions are built upon the claim to know God while condemning the shortcomings of false believers?

Next I'll be reading that the God concept is a human construct!

Unless you want to believe that the God concept is implanted in our DNA, then yes all constructs of measure and conceptual imagery are human interpretations based on the human idea and its attachments to reality.

This area of this topic should be transferred--it seems wrong to debate it without Rev!

Because he is the quintessential authority? eek

Besides, he claims to only dialogue and will never admit to entering a debate, especially concerning God.
He'll only ramble on about how old (er excuse me) how long he has been on the planet knowing what is what and who is who trying to give you the impression that old age means knowledge and wisdom.

He's changed his acronyms and his definitions of God many times since I've known him. For all his years he is still trying to attach himself to an idea that might impress enough people to help him believe he hasn't wasted his time or gone on without some kind of real relationship with whatever he wants to believe in.
Like many his age, he hopes to leave an imprint where nothing is permanent so that life has more meaning than just being born to live for a few experiences of personal belief before you die.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

What this whole whine about the holocaust denial?

No it was an excercise in logic to arguments I set out to put you and Paul on opposite sides of an argument to see if you really were one and the same. I got a bonus in being able to also make a point! I note Paul hasn't come back to the thread .. hmmm.

I am sorely tempted to support your free speech view and endure issues that I dislike for the chance to be the "one and only true GOD Orac" could be alot of fun but I am sure others would not see the humour in it :-)

Of course, God might argue that that was because people were expecting the wrong things.

No one expects the spanish inquisition :-)

Last edited by Orac; 09/26/12 01:54 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Orac #45636 09/26/12 06:25 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
it was an excercise in logic to arguments I set out to put you and Paul on opposite sides of an argument to see if you really were one and the same. I got a bonus in being able to also make a point! I note Paul hasn't come back to the thread .. hmmm.

Thought you were sure of your determination, and the issue was closed.
Interesting to see you only holding the assumed position, along with the delusions of grandeur.

I am sorely tempted to support your free speech view and endure issues that I dislike for the chance to be the "one and only true GOD Orac" could be alot of fun but I am sure others would not see the humour in it :-)

No guts, no glory.
But then you obviously are coming to your senses after losing sight of reality, and after holding so many assumptions as absolute truth.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.