Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45012 08/27/12 02:17 AM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
The NYDailyNews.com......has stated that-
Bradley Manning, U.S. soldier accused of leaking material to WikiLeaks, is among those nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

That makes me wonder just where Julian Assange stands, as he
is part of the WikiLeak system.
Except of course Army Pfc. Bradley Manning has been confined to prison for well over a year, and still, without any charges being brought against him.
That is not the way the American Goverment is supposed to act with one of its Army personnel. It is very bad World publicity for America, and its Court system.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
he is being held under prevention of injury status...

what that means is that he is being protected from those that had their lives endangered by his actions.

he may be alive today only because those who are guarding him actually do follow orders.

they may not like it , they may not want to do it , but they were ordered to do it , so they do it.

on the other hand no one ordered him to divulge the classified information to wiki leaks.

this information was not his to give , it belonged to the U.S. Government.
if the U.S. Government wanted it to be publicly known they would have posted it on twitter and facebook and youtube themselves.

there are actual soldiers in the field who's lives depend on
the security of information.

troop movements , logistics , how many rolls of toilet paper are sent to the different areas.

just about any amount of information can endanger the lives of soldiers in the field.

which brings me to wonder how a pfc had access to that or any information.

if what he had read in a document or seen in a video looked like it was wrongdoing then he as a soldier had channels that he could have followed that are proper and are inside the U.S. Government in order to disclose any wrongdoings he might have found.

Im not saying there were no wrongdoings , and I havent looked at the documents or videos or logs myself.

I will say that both parties are at fault.

and carry that further in saying that if the pfc did not have access to sensitive information then he could not have released sensitive information.

the internet and all of the social networks and everything must
be a real headache to those who are tasked with collecting information , knowing that months or even years of reconnaissance
work to gather information can be destroyed by those who are tasked with the movement and storage of that information especially if they are straight out of boot camp.

I really have a hard time believing that the military allowed this to occur.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.