Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44347 07/24/12 01:52 AM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Sally Ride, America's first woman astronaut has died.

Here is the story on Phys.org.

She died today (July 23, 2012) of pancreatic cancer. She was a pioneer in showing what women are capable of.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Bill #44357 07/24/12 06:31 PM
Megastar
Megastar
[quote=Bill]Sally Ride, America's first woman astronaut has died. ... quote] Bill, I think I appreciate the good sentiment behind the acronym "RIP".

However, sure I like the peace-of-mind (of soul, spirit, pneuma) part, but whenever I--born in 1930 and well on the way in this life--see or hear it expressed as rest, it is not REST that I want. What I want is:

Accepting that there are no guarantees this side of death, I want to experience death, not as the beginning of an eternal rest, but as the point where, all who freely make the choice, can take on new energies enabling us to transcend the limitations of this life and continue, ad infinitum, the process we call evolution--role out and develop gradually.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Bill #44361 07/25/12 07:03 AM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Sally Ride was a brave and courageous woman. She was an inspiration to all three of my daughters, but especially the middle one who did a master's degree in chemistry (with a maths second major). This was still unusual in the 80s for a girl. This daughter sent me a text today saying how sad she was to hear this news.

Good bye Sally!

Bill #44367 07/25/12 06:32 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.