Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44232 07/13/12 03:18 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
maybe not a reunion but maybe an email to older members who have strayed from the nut house and are never heard from anymore.

an email to invite these old members to return.

Im not sure why they have left , I may be a reason , maybe roseII
banned them , or they just decided their witt would be better accepted in other forums.

some may have passed on to travel the universe and explore the unseen that they can now see to fly around inside the billions upon billions of galaxies that make up this universe.

Uncle Al
DA Morgan
etc...

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #44234 07/14/12 11:11 AM
H
H
can't speak for all (like hop, dean, anyman, perambulator, and host of others that are all long gone) but i still look in once in a while

sadly, amaranth, kate, and some others chose to change the format long ago; that change in format along with the utterly vacuous, lame postings extending back almost to that time...well, i can only say that i have not even been a little bit inspired to post or offer a response (until this call for reunion, of course) for many years

who knows, perhaps your appeal will reach some...nothing wrong with trying

i would imagine that at least some still lurk, as do i, from time to time in memory of the days when this site was one of the hottest, most intellectually stimulating (most of us could handle the flaming on the side that sometimes generated [or degenerated into] more heat than light), informative, educational, and just plain fun boards/fora on the entire internet

hope that reunion thing works out for you

paul #44236 07/14/12 10:10 PM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
We could certainly do with something to breathe new life into SAGG. Scarcely a dozen of us maintain regular posts, and sometimes I think we are running out of inspiration.

Hmmm, perhaps if you and a few others like you considered returning and bringing some good scientific input with you, we might be able to liven things up.

There never was nothing.
hmmm #44237 07/14/12 10:29 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
hmmmmm

the old expandable forum was nice and easier to type into.
but the sidebars and the tools the forum now has kind of
makes up for it.

I've noticed that the forum just dies off when theres nothing interesting being discussed , so I try to think of stuff that
will light a fire under the other members arses to get things rollin again.

not long ago we were having around 150-190 online most of the time , but that momentum is slowly trickling downward again.

maybe the forum is dying from lack of interest.

this blame posting form is my main biotch because its so small
you have to keep editing the result to try and get a post or reply to look decent.

maybe I'll find a better forum myself...
thing is I dont last long in most forums usually Im banned within a week or so.

at least this forum shows its honesty because it does not shove things under the rug by banning its members who post controversial subject matter.

and its been a long time since the forum just broke and all the free energy stuff became a portion of rug history.

so maybe I'll just hang around awhile.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #44238 07/15/12 12:20 AM
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Yes Paul, do stick around. You're our top poster at present.

Perhaps you could recruit a few geologists. Not that I mind having a dialogue with Pre, but some additional input would be very much appreciated.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.