Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
THANATOLOGY--the scientific study of death, its cause and phenomena with which it connects.

If you wish, feel free to add other odd-ball sciences that come to mind, There must be scores of such sciences in the offing--within sight, or will be soon created.

Thanatology is that kind of science which readily mixes with philosophy, theology, pneumatology, psychology, sociology, whatever, including religion and the healing arts.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
As well as odd-ball sciences, perhaps we should look at odd-ball job titles.
I knew someone who described himself as a toxi-herbicidal engineer. His job was spraying weeds along the side of the road.

BTW, I'm still without the net. The thing that surprises me is how little seems to have happened since I last looked.

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
BTW, I'm still without the net.

shazam !

is there a college close to you that you could dial into
with a modem?
thats the way we used to do before the net became profit oriented.

you must be using your cell phone or laptop at a hot spot
or something then , thats got to be a real bummer bill.

theres a program you can download that will allow people to dial into your home phone and use your internet connection
if you know someone who has internet connectivity this would be a way around your current situation.

if you can find someone willing to install and configure it for you to access.

heres a few that might fix your problem.

http://internet-connection-sharing.winsite.com/

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Bill S, et al, tell me, please: What, if anything, do the recent comments have to do with the topic? Just curious! smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/23/12 10:50 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Rev- Perhaps we are a little stunned to silence at the thought of the study of the SCIENCE of death. -- In a sort of "What will he think of next?" way!

Keep them coming Rev!

Last edited by Ellis; 06/23/12 11:10 PM. Reason: left out '?'
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I think they fit nicely into the format of the Reverends discussions. It's consistent with the Reverends family postings, vacation updates, and various senior moments that are the off topic conversations that take place on all of his threads.
Besides we all know that the Reverend only started this topic to try and herd the conversational cows back toward his beliefs in things like Pnuematology, G~O~D, etc...

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Rev- Perhaps we are a little stunned to silence at the thought of the study of the SCIENCE of death. -- In a sort of "What will he think of next?" way!

Keep them coming Rev!
Ellis, how would you like to be a scatologist? To find out check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatology It is one of approximately 1600 sciences.

Do not confuse scatology with eschatology, the study of last things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology --part of theology, philosophy, and futurology. It is concerned with what are believed to be the final events of history, the ultimate destiny of humanity.

BTW, in the summer of 1940 (I was 10), I almost met my thanatos. With two of my older brothers who were not in sight, from where I was, I was exploring along the edge of a small island--Little Bell Island. It is an unoccupied island not far from www.bellisland.com where I lived from 0 to 17.

I also most fell, through a crack in the ground, and into a deep dark water-filled and rocky cave. It was near the shore. Had I not grabbed a tough juniper bush--it was spread over the crack--and pulled myself to safety, I would have fallen into that cave, which I estimate was about 50 to 75 feet deep. Whew! That was close. Maybe a speleologist would have tried to find my remains at the bottom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speleology

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Note that I have corrected the Bell Island URL It is .net, not .com ...BTW, in the summer of 1940 (I was 10), I almost met my thanatos. With two of my older brothers who were not in sight, from where I was, I was exploring along the edge of a small island--Little Bell Island. It is an unoccupied island not far from www.bellisland.net where I lived from 0 to 17.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Well Rev, sometimes I feel that maybe I already am a scatologist --- especially regarding the frequent discernment of the bovine variety.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Ellis
...I already am a scatologist --- especially regarding the frequent discernment of the bovine variety.
OK Dr. Ellis, tell us more. Where did you get your PhD? What is it that helps us keenly perceive, understand and rightly judge that which is, or is not, BS? So as to be gender-inclusive: Is there such a thing as CS? And is there a difference? I am all nose. laugh

BTW, anyone familiar with the CENTER FOR INQUIRY--upstate New York, USA? It was started by a professor of psychology (an atheist), and a group of follwers, at the University of Buffalow, New York. Feel free to check out and join in the following thead and dialogue.
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/12699/P165/

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
BS? So as to be gender-inclusive: Is there such a thing as CS?

"BS": Have a care, there!
"CS": Yes, it's a gas!

BTW, Rev, do you celebrate 27th June in Canada? I believe it was on that day in 1898 that a Canadian achieved the first circumnavigation of the globe.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.