Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
"According to prevailing archaeological theory - and there is absolutely no evidence to confirm this idea"

I looked at your link and this is one of the first assertions to be made. So I can safely make the following statement about the article.

"BULL"

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Megastar
Megastar

Sorry am I missing something Paul
What wouldnt I believe if you told me?

There is no title to your page, what should it be?
....because all of a sudden you are talking about Pyramids

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

Read that article and others that connected some of the other pyramids built in the same fashion. They were all physically aligned with the poles and considered to be located to also correspond with a certain constellation. Each cluster of three pyramids were physically aligned in the same mathematical proportion to each other geometrically.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Reading articles like this, it is easy to see how people can invoke alien intervention in the construction such monuments. However, we have to ask whether in doing so we would simply be mimicking our ancestors when they sought to explain the inexplicable by involving the supernatural.

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
I looked at your link and this is one of the first assertions to be made. So I can safely make the following statement about the article.

"BULL"

I guess this is how it happend then.
1) the egyptians built the pyramids.
2) they then transported the entire giza plateau back in time to a time that the oceans surface was 400 ft above nile elevation.
3) they then allowed it to sit in the ocean untill 13 ft of ocean sediment built up on top of the entire giza plateau.
4) then they transported the entire giza plateau forward in time to 1500 BC so that the Pharaoh Khufu could make repairs to the pyramid.

could that be close to the scenario or should we just agree that all the data and facts that have been gathered are as you put it "BULL"

Quote:
The Great Pyramid of Giza is the most substantial ancient structure in the world - and the most mysterious. According to prevailing archaeological theory - and there is absolutely no evidence to confirm this idea - the three pyramids on the Giza plateau are funerary structures of three kings of the fourth dynasty (2575 to 2465 BC).

there are plenty of reasons why we should believe that the pyramids were built around (2575 to 2465 BC) because that is what we were told to believe.

so lets stick to intelligent means of finding reasons and leave the "BULL" in the pasture.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
"You would not believe me if I told you"

I chose a portion of the article to serve as the title.

Quote:
Napoleon himself spent a night alone in the chamber. Emerging pale and dazed, he would not speak of his powerful experiences, only saying, "You would not believe me if I told you."

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I think it would be a great undertaking but would certainly be worthwhile to search out the limestone plates that were taken from the pyramids and try to decode the language on them.

it may be that the builders of the pyramids wrote there history on these limestone covering plates.

Quote:
Herodotus, visiting in the fifth century BC, reported that inscriptions of strange characters were to be found on the pyramid's casing stones. In AD 1179 the Arab historian Abd el Latif recorded that these inscriptions were so numerous that they could have filled "more than ten thousand written pages." William of Baldensal, a European visitor of the early fourteenth century, tells how the stones were covered with strange symbols arranged in careful rows. Sadly, in 1356, following an earthquake that leveled Cairo, the Arabs robbed the pyramid of its beautiful casing of stones to rebuild mosques and fortresses in the city. As the stones were cut into smaller pieces and reshaped, all traces of the ancient inscriptions were removed from them. A great library of ageless wisdom was forever lost.

Herodotus reported strange characters on the plating stones but there are hieroglyphics all over the place on the giza plateau
why would he report the inscriptions as being strange unless they were not uniform or consistant with the hieroglyphics
commonly found in giza.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Trying to pull together some thoughts from this thread and the related “boulder floating” thread; there are obviously a lot of questions to be answered, but Paul’s link to the Nova experiments seems to provide a reasonable answer to the question of cutting the granite. Sand, which will be almost entirely quartz (Moh’s scale 7) should effectively abrade granite which, if I remember rightly, has an overall hardness of about 5 – 5.5, so alien intervention or that of an earlier, more advanced, civilisation can be replaced by the use of natural materials such as sand and water.

The remains of sea salt at 400ft above current water level will take a bit more explaining if we want to stick with the idea that the Egyptians built these structures. Even Eddy Pengelly’s time travellers would not explain that one. I suspect that Eddy would balk at Paul’s (hopefully, tongue in cheek) time travel scenario. smile

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Having seen both I still think Teotihuacan in Mexico and the avenue of the dead is far mor impressive 20-30km of temples buildings and pyramids and noone is exactly sure who built it.

If you don't know of it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teotihuacan)

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P

Fleet Landing?

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
The remains of sea salt at 400ft above current water level will take a bit more explaining

if all the water in the earth were above ground level
the water elevation would be apx 1145 ft higher !!!

at least that part is feasible as the ground waters would evaporate as the earth heats up.

so its not like a 400 ft higher than nile river elevation is impossible in fact its very possible.

were edging our way into it as we speak.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.