Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43617 05/14/12 11:06 PM
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Some considerable time ago, when we were discussing the possible quantization of time I mentioned the wagon wheel illusion and wondered why it could be observed without the aid of a camera. At the time it seemed that others were not familiar with the “naked eye” version, and the subject was dropped. There is an example/explanation of it at this link.

http://www.newscientist.com/videoredirect?bcpid=659647535001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAADqBmN8~,Yo4S_rZKGX3S7qzA9QxPBGY4CrdM-P1a&bctid=46015211001

There never was nothing.
Superstar
Superstar
Bill S,
I went to the link, and got a big black nothing. The video did not play. Is there some trick to make it play?
Thanks,
Amaranth

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Sorry you had problems, Amaranth. When I posted the link I expected it to be blue, but no! To test it I selected it, right clicked then> open link. I have just done that again and the video played. I wish I could offer more help, but I am working at the limit of my technical ability. smile

Hopefully some other poster will be able to throw some light on it. Failing that I will see what my son can suggest.

There never was nothing.
R
Megastar
Megastar
R

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Thanks Rede, I felt sure someone could do it.

There never was nothing.
Superstar
Superstar
Thanks, Red. I thought it was what it was, but wanted to be sure.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.