Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 243 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
It could be effective against Alzheimer’s type dementia. Lung cancer might kill you before you have time to dement.

I notice they don’t say how they induce lesions in the brains of the rats.

"Levin is also conducting clinical trials using nicotine skin patches to try to improve attention and memory in Alzheimer's disease patients."

This seems like a more reliable way to go. Think of the money it could save!

There never was nothing.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
From "Last Post"

"Smoking Helps Develop Bra..."

I don't believe it! laugh

There never was nothing.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
"Smoking Helps Develop Bra..."

Methinks that fell on stony ground. frown

There never was nothing.
J
J
Apparently nicotine does stimulate the grey matter but so do other substances like, for example, the sweetener aspartame which also happens to destroy brain cells in the process yet it is added to most soft drinks and many processed food items. Smoking may yet be the safer way to die. There is growing evidence that coconut (especially its oil) provides protection against dementia type problems but the pharmaceutical companies do not want the public to know this.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
It could be effective against Alzheimer’s type dementia. Lung cancer might kill you before you have time to dement...
Amusing--in a dark-kind of way, Bill.
ABOUT SMOKING AND BRAIN POWER?
Like the comedian who said: Whenever, I have a bad cough...and my wife wants me to take her to The SYMPHONY, which she loves, I always take Ex-Lax--a strong laxative.

How does it work? You may ask. It works pneuma-psychosomatically. Being full of ... Well, you know what ...and Ex-Lax, I do NOT DARE cough! Would you?"

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/16/12 06:24 PM. Reason: Always a good idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Isn't it the tar that causes the lung cancer, while the nicotine is most likely to be the thing involved developing addiction? I know that nicotine is used legally and medically to help people with bad circulation in the feet due to prolonged inactivity, as in paraplegia. Maybe it gees up the brain by improving blood flow?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.