Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Superstar
Superstar
Bill S, that is a gorgeous picture. You should enter it in a contest somewhere. I would not have liked to get that close to one. My theory on spiders is it's okay if they're outdoors, but once they come inside, on my territory, they are history. One of these days I will get around to sweeping down the cobwebs off the ceiling, too. smile

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

http://i.imgur.com/R961t.jpg

BTW, I'm showing off, because my son has just shown me (again) how to up-load ( or is it down-load?)images.

Upload. Very, very nice. The thread is not a loss.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Unexpected to find a pic of a web search smile Good one, Bill.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
My theory on spiders is it's okay if they're outdoors, but once they come inside, on my territory, they are history.

Horse Chestnut Extract, available as a spider deterrent, doesn't hurt spiders, or anything else, but it does keep them out if sprayed around places where spiders come in, and in their favourite haunts (like under Ellis's microwave). It can save arachnophobes a lot of anxiety and preserve a lot of valuable spiders.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Thanks for your kind (and humerous) comments folks. I had a big bit of luck with that beautiful garden spider. She made her web on a wheelbarrow, so I was able to move it around and get pics from several angles. The arrival of the wasp (successful web search) was a bonus for both of us.

Usually, spiders don't keep still long enough for me to photograph them. One exception was this Tegenaria duellica in our bathroom, before my wife discovered Horse Chestnut Essence.

http://i.imgur.com/8J7Jt.jpg

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

That's really nice. I like taking pictures of spiders and other things, though mine aren't near so nice. I'm actually absolutely terrified of spiders and centipedes.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I don't know if you can access this, but here goes:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=3&theater

That's an Io moth caterpillar.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Terrific caterpillar, TFF.

About 4 months ago my wife opened the fridge and found a very drab green caterpillar, almost dead, that had obviously arrived on a lettuce. We managed to save it, and it rewarded us by turning into this lovely Angle Shades moth.

http://i.imgur.com/ZMQfw.jpg

I'm getting the hang of this uploading. smile

There never was nothing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.