Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
... Each universe has many possible histories and many possible states. Only a very few would allow creatures like us to exist. Although we are puny and insignificant on the scale of the cosmos, this makes us in a sense the lords of creation."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704206804575467921609024244.html
Bill S, you opened this thread with what I think is a crucial comment: "...this makes us in a sense the lords of creation." Before we "call it a day", I just wanted to make note of it and ask: In what ways do you think we are, could, or should be, "lords of creation?"

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I thought I knew what love was ... until I had children.

B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Rev
Bill S, you opened this thread with what I think is a crucial comment:

I admit to opening the thread, but I don't admit to saying anything about "lords of creation".

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
I thought I knew what love was ... until I had children.
OH NO!!! I don't have any kids! frown

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
An interesting phrase 'lords of creation', that begs the question- where are the 'ladies of creation'? The latter sound faintly ridiculous, whilst the former are just ridiculous.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Ellis
An interesting phrase 'lords of creation', that begs the question- where are the 'ladies of creation'? The latter sound faintly ridiculous, whilst the former are just ridiculous.
Interestingly, Ellis, as I understand it, the English word 'lord' is a contraction of two familiar words: loaf...as in, bread...and ward...as in, warden, or keeper. From 'lord' we get: keepers of the bread.
ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord#Etymology

LET'S NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE LADIES
--------------------------------------
Therefore, in days of old, the lords and ladies of the castle, or of the manor, whatever--were in effect the government of the day.

They were the keepers of the bread--symbol of the necessities of life. What justice there was came from the lords and the ladies. This poses the question:

CAMELOT ANYONE?
Good kings--like king Arthur of Camelot, and of course me, king of SAGGO--took care to collect only the just amount of taxes. Also, we made sure that what was produced and collected was distributed justly. This assured that there was a "happy-ever-aftering"--the kind we have in Canada, eh?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Obviously I shall have to extend my vocabulary and address the bread bin, which hither to used to keep the bread-- as LORD Bread Bin.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
No that would be tautology--- It's now Lord Bin.

B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
One of the main troubles seems to have been that a lot of lords took “bread keeper” to mean that they should keep it all for themselves. Things don’t change much, do they?

There never was nothing.
L
L
Yes that's why some of them want to spend your tax money to search for it. They don't have any thing that they believe in so they want to look for more that they can believe in.

K
K
Hi Bill - Just watched a documentary about this today on YouTube (Are we real)and then I came on here and saw your post. Really interesting - Perhaps we are the pawns of creation and the multi universes our universe's creator - in the sense that many give rise to the probability of our existence.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Huh? confused

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.