Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
russinnj
Unregistered
russinnj
Unregistered
R
So heres what I'm thinking. If I put a light in an empty space and pick two points equidistant in from that light when I turn on the light the light will reach those two points at exactly the same time this would be due to the fact that in order to be equidistant they must basically wind up being two points which would exist on a sphere with a radius of that equal to the distance they are from the light source which means their observation of the lights distance relies on time making time and the radius of the sphere relative but does not require relativity between any two point on the sphere you could be anywhere on that spheres surface and receive the light simultaneously so wouldn't this narrow times effect on space down to one axis of observation and by moving closer or further from that light source wouldn't I be effecting the time it takes for the light to reach me but for me to relay that information out I would be governed by that same bubble of radiated information due to the speed of light being a constant there fore the radius dimension of the space would be time based on the expansion of a sphere containing the information and since that information has surface but no real depth?

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I understand what you are doing with the spheres you are drawing the event front of the light moving out from your light sources.

And indeed at a point midpoint between the two light sources the light event fronts will reach simulataneously

The intersection of two spheres is always a circle or in the unique case you are between the two centres on a direct line a point.

http://help.matheass.eu/en/XSpheres.html

So you could be anywhere on that circle or single point and have the wave fronts make it to you simultaneously

Then you lose me.

The event fronts would meet pass through each other and continue on there merry way.

I am not sure I get what you are doing next?

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I agree with Orac. The first part of your description is correct, but I don't understand the second part. Could you give us a clearer description of what you are talking about?

I think you may have a correct understanding of the situation. But I don't know for sure what you are saying when you get to the part about relaying the information.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Welcome to SAGG russinnj.

Quote:
wouldn't this narrow times effect on space down to one axis of observation

This is where I get lost. If you've been following the threads you probably know I need things explained simply. smile

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
BTW. Why does this need to be a holographic universe.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Russinnj, you've vanished! As someone with an interset in the concept of time, I was hoping for some good discussion.

Did something put you off?

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.