Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
F
Orac, you just evaded my reasoning. What I said was that to get a statistically reliable result, you should have fundamental laws that are deterministic. You have said nothing about that. For the computer to work, there should be a basic physical law that is not random.

The fact that I am able to type messages and sent it via internet is proof enough to show that the fundamental laws in physics are deterministic and not probabilistic. Had it been simply random, you would have got in some other form.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
I am not interested in the result.

Intel had to take into account that electrons dont stay in the wires they tunnel in and out of them into account, you know your spooky thing that scares you.

If they designed the chips without considering that weird behaviour the chips wouldnt work and you wouldn't be typing on the internet.

Its not about the proability thing it's about the popping in and out of existance.

Thats the cruel joke thats being played on you.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
F
F
The tunneling is based on probability. The so-called popping in and popping out are also based on probability. However, if you insist that it is due to 'deterministic quantum information', then I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Finally you are starting to think and talk science in that you just don't ignore or deny the observations.

Ok so how is the probabilty producing a real measurable effect thats probably where you need to go next.

As I said I am not trying to discourage you, I am trying to encourage you to think and throw things around.

See now you are doing science .. you are not doing an Intelligent Design or PreEarth and pre-ordaining the answer or ignoring experiments and observations.

Start playing with these ideas and work out how to integrate them back into your theory so the experimental results are still consistant and viola you are doing science not pseudoscience.

Last edited by Orac; 11/20/11 03:31 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
F
F
Originally Posted By: Orac
Finally you are starting to think and talk science in that you just don't ignore or deny the observations.

Ok so how is the probabilty producing a real measurable effect thats probably where you need to go next.

I have not changed my stand. I think you might have misunderstood my arguments. So far in any of the discussions I have not denied the observations; I have only stated that the observed result can be explained in an alternate way.

How is the probabilty producing a real measurable effect? That is what I have been asking so far. Based on QM, there is randomness at the quantum level. Can randomness create a real measurable effect. In my opinion 'NO'. So there is no randomness at the quantum level; or, the quantum information is finite and deterministic (my theory is based on that idea).

From what yo have stated, it is not clear whether you agree with the basic of QM, that is, 'the randomness at the quantum level'. Do you think there is randomness at the quantum level?

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: finiter
I have not changed my stand. I think you might have misunderstood my arguments. So far in any of the discussions I have not denied the observations; I have only stated that the observed result can be explained in an alternate way.

Then you are dribbling pseudoscience garbage in a science section .... YAWN.

Quote:

How is the probabilty producing a real measurable effect? That is what I have been asking so far. Based on QM, there is randomness at the quantum level. Can randomness create a real measurable effect.

In my opinion 'NO'. So there is no randomness at the quantum level; or, the quantum information is finite and deterministic (my theory is based on that idea).

From what yo have stated, it is not clear whether you agree with the basic of QM, that is, 'the randomness at the quantum level'. Do you think there is randomness at the quantum level?

Since that is at least a science question there is no randomness in QM levels otherwise they would not be quantum levels would they.

Last edited by Orac; 11/21/11 12:17 PM.

F
F
The whole of QM is based on the concept of instant-duality (wave-particle duality) at the particle level. That means there is an element of randomness at that level. If you deny that, then I genuinely doubt that you are having some 'personal version' of QM.

If you are denying that randomness, then I have no objection to your arguments. Without that randomness, the QM is classical, just Newtonian, only that 'probability mechanics' are used to extract results. The QM thus gets reduced to a mathematical tool, and that is what I have been arguing.

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
The whole of QM is based on the concept of instant-duality (wave-particle duality) at the particle level.

Completely wrong QM is based upon Quantization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_(physics))

Thats where it gets it's name from :-)

The duality issue is something discovered that belongs to QM but it certainly isn't it's core.

As I sid there are many newer QM theory where there isn't duality at all because there are no such thing as particles they are simply illussions.

That means there is an element of randomness at that level.

Again completely wrong there are no such thing as random levels or they would be quanta ... quata into quantum levels exists because they aren't random.

If you deny that, then I genuinely doubt that you are having some 'personal version' of QM.

No I am stating standard QM theory you clearly have no idea of QM at all.

If you are denying that randomness, then I have no objection to your arguments.

I am saying as per all QM theory they are most definitely fixed why do you think all atoms for example have an specific frequency for emissions and absorption. The levels are hard and fixed.

Without that randomness, the QM is classical, just Newtonian, only that 'probability mechanics' are used to extract results. The QM thus gets reduced to a mathematical tool, and that is what I have been arguing.

And that basically tells us all you understand nothing of QM at all. The probability stuff has nothing to do with the levels it's to do with the fact you have wave behaviour from our little friend Mr Schrodinger :-)

So clearly you deny something you haven't got any remote clue on what it's all about ... very scientific.

Last edited by Orac; 11/22/11 11:52 AM.

F
F
The QM is essentially based on particle-wave duality and probability connected with a wave function, and not merely quantization. Refer the wikipedia article,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

As you said, there are different versions (each claiming itself to be the real one). That is why I have said that you are having your own version (the version you like from among the existing ones). Field quantization is a part of QM and not exactly the same as QM. In my opinion, it is matter and not field that is quantized; that can also be called a quantum theory, but not part of QM.

In Quantum mechanics, there is uncertainty at the level of particles, ie, there is some randomness. If you deny that, then I will have to say the same thing that you have said: "you understand nothing of QM".

O
Orac Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
O
I know nothing of QM then and I am done talking with you because you dribble rubbish ... those atom spectral lines are just jumping randomly all over the place because the levels are oh so random.

You may definitely treat this as an end of any conversation with you because it is pointless your head is firmly not in the real world but in your finite world .... enjoy it.

You are now officially not only appointed our official theory of everything but resident QM expert ... I defer to your knowledge on all things how can I argue you know everything without question.

Last edited by Orac; 11/24/11 12:10 PM.

F
F
Orac, why should you be furious. You said it first. I just pointed out the possibility that I will have to retort the same words. There is nothing personal in it, and that need not be an end of any discussion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.