Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Here in the USA we have Thanksgiving Day, and with it we get the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, live on TV. This year CBS TV is carrying the parade live from 8:00 to 11:00 CDT. NBC TV is carrying the parade live from 9:00 to 12:00 CDT. They are obviously broadcasting from different universes with a one hour time difference.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I am sure our resident QM oh I mean RM expert can explain it to you that it's just a finite state of randomness whistle

Last edited by Orac; 11/24/11 05:16 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Oh come on! I live in a state of complete multiverse randomness then. I live in your tomorrow, your today is my yesterday.In my world the the Twin Towers fell at 11pm, President Kennedy was killed on Saturday (I was never able to understand why there were so many businesses open on a Saturday) and for me it is now the 25th of November!

With all that confusion it is only a small step for Macys to discover the alternate universe that was lurking there all the time (IN THE SAME TIME ZONE) and winkle 2 extra hours for the same parade for the same money. Very clever!

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Well we used to believe it was the waveform collapse from the group of probabilities (I am an old copenhagen lover) but apparently it's proven the quantum levels are random.

As we no longer have a stable ground state but that ground state must be by definition a random quantum level moving about then we have no basis to have a baseline on anything.

Hence the wobble in time is a scientific fact as proven by the resident finite RM expert.

Bill's observation is a simple confirmimg of that scientific fact from finite RM theory.

Last edited by Orac; 11/24/11 11:20 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.