Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 378 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
can we find the history of formation of a compound (i mean,what is the process by which it is formed??) by studying a sample of it...????

i mean if we are given H2SO4 in two difrent bottle...each sample is formed in 2 difrent method....can we say , in which method which of them is formed??

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Really a chemistry question but I will give you what I think the answer will be.

If done in places like a laboratory you will not be able to tell the source as the compound would look identical.

In the real world sense some of these atoms may have isotopes that are stable enough to be able to deduce it. A bit like carbon dating.

You can for example buy Clopidogrel-d3 • H2SO4 for $1300 USD for 5 milligrams if you wanted to do an experiment and be able to track it (http://medicalisotopes.com/display_produ...start=&end=)

That of coarse is not natural and made in a nuclear reactor but there would I guess be some natural equivalents and I believe ice core aging is done by using H2SO4.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I don't know about sulfuric acid, but there is such a thing as chemical tagging that is used to mark, for example, fertilizers that will tell you where it was produced. Of course that only works if the manufacturer actually uses tagging.

It's possible that other contaminants could reveal the same kind of info, though it would be very specific to region, processes, source of materials, etc. I don't know that anyone actually does this.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.