Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 707 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Bill S -- The concept contained by the aboriginal 'song lines' would interest you. I do not claim to understand all the aspects of them, but apparently they are essential to the Aborigines and they have to be learned as part of oral culture, and they are depicted in the wonderful native art. The 'dot' paintings depict maps that (I think) are held in song lines.

There is such a rich and varied oral aboriginal culture which was so nearly completely lost. As well as the aborigines themselves, some missionaries and anthropological explorers also helped to preserve it, though most of it was held by the elders of the tribes. Only recently has the new urban generation been offered teaching in their culture, as they are the children of the generation stolen from their family to be raised in white families.

*************************************************************************************

Another embarrassment, by the way, is that the senders of the criminals still live in a cold, damp, over-crowded country whilst the inhabitants of the designated gaol enjoy beautiful, spacious land , with lovely beaches, amazing scenery, vibrant population, good theatres and entertainment, free medical treatment for all, high standard education- also free--- etc etc. Who WON!

PS We also have The Queen--- who much to everyone's astonishment had what can only be described as a triumphant visit week. Melbourne went mad!!! And so did Brisbane and Canberra. She gave Sydney a miss.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I suspect that those originally sent to Australia may not have seen it as such a utopia, but their descendants have to be given full marks for what they have produced.

When I was about 8 or 9, my family came close to emigrating to NZ. (We have relatives on both Islands) I still think it would have been a good idea.

There never was nothing.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.