Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M

I find the article on our Scienceagogo front page..dated the 6th Oct:, just a few days ago.
Seems to support the fact that Zinc has been found to be a requirement for good Neuron and Memory communication in the working of our Brains.
Read about it on SAGG's front page now.

And yet here is another article which states that a number of Companys have just removed Zinc from their Denture Glues, and Toothpastes because excess Zinc has been shown to cause Neurological problems, as well as blood Anaemia problems, and loss of balance, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...h-problems.html

Well so much for Zinc. The above is for your info only.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
and I just bought a bottle of zinc.

I wonder if breathing in the fumes from zinc being melted to pour in a mold would present any dangers.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Yeah I thought the same what morons swallow toothpaste I mean the odd bit maybe but in bulk?

Quote:

Zinc is not absorbed in the mouth but enters the body when swallowed.

Whats next carrots have to carry a health warning about using them as sex toys?

Darwinian theory if you ask me ... don't tell them.

Last edited by Orac; 10/10/11 07:52 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
When in Mental Health work I came across a man who was showing quite advanced signs of pre-senile dementure. He started taking zinc regularly, and within a few months the symptoms had subsided very markedly. Up to the time I lost contact with him, some 18 months later, the improvement was maintained. M H colleagues said "coincidence", and they may have been right.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.