Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
(5). "These massive pieces of crust largely retained their shape throughout the expansion,"

What happened to the oceans?

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
(5). "He (Wegener) claimed that Pangaea existed for millions of years, until, for some unknown reason, it broke into smaller continents, which then drifted, by some unknown process, to their current positions."

The reason may have been "unknown" when Wegener proposed his idea, but subsequent development of the theory of plate tectonics has moved on from the idea that a primative super-continent suddenly and inexplicably did anything. Does Mansfield's theory take account of present day records of movement on plate boundaries?

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I tend to stay away from geology I always found it terribly frustrating because you would never know if you were right in your lifetime.

The one thing that always made me chuckle was the prediction in 250 Million years all the continents end up back together (http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2000/ast06oct_1/) .... thinking about the current political situations between countries I always laughed at the prospect :-)

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Orac
you would never know if you were right in your lifetime.

Then you would know only if you were wrong. smile

Back to the serious stuff.

(6). "No current theory explains how continental crust came to be, let alone why it is so different from oceanic crust."

Does Mansfield's theory hold that the continental crust of PreEarth was chemically/lithologically different from the underlying mantle material?

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
preeath, you are coming close to lacking civility again. If you can't follow the math, don't call people names or impugn their character.
Amaranth Rose II, thanks for refereeing this interesting match and for asking the protagonists to at least treat one another with respect (which, by the way, is what agape-love, a quality favoured by all theologians, is all about)--as in agape, or respect, even your enemies).

BTW, does theology qualify as a science? I ask with a smile Or should it be with a smirk? How about psychology? My basic undergraduate degree is in this field? I assume that pneumatology does at least qualify as a philosophy--the mother of the arts and the sciences.

As a theologian with an interest in all the sciences, should I be amused? Or shocked by such behaviour?

AR II, have you heard about an organization known as ORDAINED SCIENTISTS?
http://www.ordainedscientists.org/index.html

Perhaps you should get in touch with this group and ask if there are any ordained geologists, whatever, who are familiar with the Mansfield's Earth Formation hypothesis. Perhaps one of them could get in touch with "The Boss and Creator" and find out what "He" has to say.

Me? Personally, without claiming to have any expert knowledge, I kinda like the MEF hypothesis.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Three weeks ago we acquired a 5 yr old Pomeranian (agout half the size of our cat). His owner had gone into Res Care. He learns quickly, and has found his place in our "pack". The only real problem remaining is that he seems to think that no other dog has a right to be on the planet. His motto is "get in first and shout loudest".

I wonder if Preearth is so used to people pouring scorn on his ideas that he (she?)adopts the same policy. Just a thought.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
BTW, I thought I'd join the trawl back through the "past". I followed Bryan's link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUTZH_Vdxs

and found the impressive evidence he mentioned. I also found a still of a bullet that had passed through an apple, seemingly, leaving most of the skin intact.

Personally, I think the important thing is not so much what a bullet does to an apple, as whether the bullet/apple analogy is a sound one for modelling the sort of collision that would have been involved in Mansfield's theory.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Another point arising from this footage is that none of the skin is carried into the apple. If the analogy holds, none of the PreEarth crust should have been pushed inward. Let's not overwork a bad analogy!

There never was nothing.
P
OP Offline
P

To Revlgking:

I see you only present one side of things. Should I be amused? Or shocked by such behaviour?

I simply called ImagingGeek a liar, because of the tactics he used, and the fact that he was caught lying.

ImagingGeek used many deceitful tactics in an attempt to negatively influence those who read this forum. He felt it his "duty to mankind" to protect people from such theories, or something like that (I can't remember the exact words).

Every single forum I posted to, had an individual, or, more commonly, a group, dedicated to a similar outcome. Many forums simply immediately deleted my first thread and banned me without stating why, so it was impossible to tell whether they also had such a group of professional liars, but I would guess they did.

ImagingGeek did things like, claiming certain papers on the internet, that he knew no one could access, said certain things, that they did not actually say. Often, you have to be an academic (or pay enough) to access such papers.

In one instance he got unlucky. He falsely claimed a certain result from a paper that I just happened to have a print copy of. I pointed out that he was lying, yes, I called him a liar, and asked him to show me where in the paper it said what he claimed. Of course, he never did, because he had simply lied about the result. ImagingGeek used quite a number of "lying tactics". One of his favorites was to answer a different question to that asked, and claim he had answered the original.

He never apologized for lying. He was just doing his job.

You may not have noticed, but there are millions of people, who lie to you, about many things. This is the way that whole societies come to believe things that are patently not true.

So, for you it is un-Christian to call a liar, a liar.

But, you claim to be a theologian. Didn't Christ call some bunch of Jews, liars, simply because they were.

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

"I kinda like the MEF hypothesis." That's cool.

Earth formed from a collision
www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
www.preearth.net/plate.html
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
LOL you complain one sided behaviour thats rich.

I think most of us know all about your behaviour PreEarth, how many more sites you been banned off lately? Oh thats right it's all us that have the behaviour issues ... we call that delusional :-)

You can't discuss anything logically and rationally without it becoming a slinging/insult match which almost every other person on forums can ... whats that say about you PreEarth.

Anyone who doesn't agree with PreEarth is wrong and a liar cause he is infallible ... genius no less ... LMAO.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Megastar
Megastar
"Of course, as PreEarth swallowed Heaven, it greatly expanded in size. This expansion, however, did not leave the remaining crust unscathed."

I admit that I may have missed something, but: Has anyone ever mentioned that, the process of creating a new being, this sounds similar to what happens when the sperm of a father is "swallowed" by the egg of a mother(earth)? However, the egg is much larger than the male sperm.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
Megastar
I think it fair to say that science, on the whole, seems to do a good job when dealing with matters of somatological fact--matters that can be easily measured; not so good when dealing with psychological matters--matters of the mind. But when it comes to pneumatological matters, theological matters, matters of the human spirit--where we ask the why questions of life, it seems we keep missing the real joy of what it means to be human, and humane:

PNEUMATOLOGICAL AND THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
For example, why is there something rather than nothing? What was there before the point we call creation? What is the purpose and meaning of life? Why do some people get angry, when their opinion is challenged, and others do not?

Suggest other questions and let's have a dialogue. Maybe we could actually learn something from one another.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Rev. I might point out that your questions are not in line with the subject of this discussion. Also they are not science. You say that science doesn't try to understand these things. That is because science is about measurable things, and the things you want to discuss aren't measurable.

Meantime, if you want a discussion of the questions you pose you should of course take it to NQS, where you have had a long running thread on similar subjects.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Orac & Rev, you are not exactly increasing the chances of getting any sort of dialogue going here.

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I wasn't aware PreEarth ever had dialogues .... how many of your questions has he answered :-)

Okay Bill S I will try and be more positive and live in hope.

Last edited by Orac; 09/26/11 02:52 AM.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Orac
I will try and be more positive and live in hope.

I'm sure Rev will approve of that.

Not many questions answered to date, but as you can see, I too live in hope.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I've been off line for a few days, and on my return, am sad to find no answers from Preearth. Could be my questions are too naïve to merit a response, but I shall charitably infer lack of time.

There never was nothing.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I wonder if Preearth is so used to people pouring scorn on his ideas that he adopts the same policy. Just a thought.

Not really; I am just amazed at how stupid people are (generally speaking).

Earth formed from a collision
www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
www.preearth.net/plate.html
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Preearth
I am just amazed at how stupid people are (generally speaking)

Is it stupidity or ignorance you are seeing? If the former, there is probably little you can do about it; if the latter, you might help the situation by answering questions.

Why not make 2012 the year of dispelled ignorance?

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
BTW, Pre, does your removal of (she?) from my quote constitute this year's first bit of dispelled ignorance?

There never was nothing.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.