Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39222 07/29/11 06:23 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I heard a idea today listening to comments on C-SPAN
concerning the U.S. Debt.

and that gave me an idea , the comment was that the FED GOV start up businesses to produce products for sale.

and the proceeds would go towards reducing the debt.

--- my immediate idea was as follows ---

why not use the people who are presently not getting any help from the unemployment benefits and those who are getting the unemployment benefits.

the FED GOV would already have a work trained workforce
in every state in the union.

and people would get to work and earn a living vs just getting a check.

it wouldnt be communism because the GOV is already paying the benefit checks , it would just be the FED GOV
seeing a positive cash flow vs a negative cash flow.

besides the corporations arent going to give up their slave labor in china so there will be plenty of other jobs outsourced in the following years from the US to china.

and these buisnesses can absorb those citizens that have been betrayed by large corporations and shady business practices such as buying , gutting , and outsourcing like mitt romney did in making his fortunes.

I think it would be a great way to begin again to be a manufacturing giant like we were before the republicans sold us all out to china.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
They wanna have a war to keep us on our knees
They wanna have a war to keep their factories
They wanna have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They wanna have a war to stop industrial disease

Britain turned out fine after losing most of its manufacturing. Why flog a dead horse, move on to something you're good at.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
Why flog a dead horse, move on to something you're good at.

thats just it , I bought a set of tools when I was a teenager to work on my car.
I still have most of them.

but I have lost some.

they never broke , they didnt strip nuts , they were really good craftsmanship.

these days when I buy a tool I really dont expect it to work.
but I have to try.

we were good at it , we still are , and look at how cheap the old manufacturing plants are today!

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: paul
I still have most of them.

but I have lost some.

they never broke , they didnt strip nuts , they were really good craftsmanship.

I prefer not to store junk in my house. If you buy expensive things then you feel compelled to keep them because they cost a lot. All that work that went into producing them is wasted while they sit around in somebody's basement.

It's more efficient to have "trade quality" tools for people who use them a lot, and "home use" quality for people who hardly ever use them. You save money by not buying quality you don't need. Sometimes you can break 10 cheap tools and still pay less to replace them than a single expensive one.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
yea, I could easily buy one of the plastic tool sets from china , but I figure its easier to use one thats made of forged steel.

for some reason when you break down on the road and all
you have is the plastic chinese tools you stay broke down on the road.

or you can wait until someone comes along that a has a tool set.

you know all those factories in china that the rich built with their tax cuts.

they will make china a better place , too bad the fuel to run the ships is costing more and more every day.

sure was alot of money to spend to only get a few years roi though.

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: paul
for some reason when you break down on the road and all
you have is the plastic chinese tools you stay broke down on the road.

Hehe but maybe you wouldn't be broken down if you weren't driving an American car :P

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
yea , Ive thought about getting a bicycle they dont really break down much and you can put a electric motor on them.

china has already prepared for our economic breakdown by making the bicycle motors available to us.

their not as stupid as we are and they know were goin down the drain fast and the number one problem will be getting to the jobs that the rich left us.

some innovators have forseen the comming crunch and are developing improvements to make cycling more enjoyable.

notice the admiration this cyclist it getting from passersby.

and as prices on gasoline soar us stupid americans will most likely choose to ride bicycles vs cars because of the cost of gas.

afterall you cant eat or drink gasoline it is only good to get you to places like your job , if you have one or to a store , if you have that money stuff we used to have so much of.

some communities have adopted the community bicycle project in their community , and they are pictured with the community bike that they all share to take trips to stores.

the average cost per person for a community bike is only a few dollars depending on the number of users assigned to each bike.

there must be 40 - 50 cyclist assigned to this bike so you can imagine how much money they are saving each month in gasoline cost alone.

thus the large home they live in
( pictured in background)
was paid for in a matter of months vs years and years of house payments.

some cyclist communities have opened small power generating facilities to produce the electricity that they need in their communities using the community bicycles that are idle and volunteers that donate time to opperate the facility are assigned a wattage allotment of power according to the wattage they generate each month , this wattage can be used within the community any way they choose.

dont laugh.
(the above story is ficticious)
but it could become a reality.
I laughed while making it up , afterwards upon reflection I thought that it could probably become a really good thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.