Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
scifisarah
Unregistered
scifisarah
Unregistered
S
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start a thread about short sci-fi stories. I love short stories and wanted to discuss them with some other like minded people.

I'll start by describing one of my favourite collections of short stories. It's called Litmus and rather than being by one author it's been written by a variety. What makes this collection special for me is that the writers actually worked with scientists so that there is a real sense of accuracy about the stories.

Anyway would be great to hear what you think about Litmus or about what your own favourite short stories are.

R
R
Good one Sarah, I see you have also started this topic on scienceforum.com.. smile

I'd like to start off with this topic by asking a simple science fiction question to everyone..

"What all would happen to an apple which is kept in a box, and all types of energy from the "box" were to be removed out??" smile

R
R
Hi sarah,
good one, I see you have posted the same topic on the other forum too.

well i'd like to start off with this topic by discussing about a simple topic with all.

"what would happen to an apple placed inside a box, and all types of energy is somehow removed out of the "box"??"

savvy??

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
It's not possible to remove all the energy from a box with or without the apple.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-researchers-create-light-from-almost.html

Will give you a background of why.

It may be too technical but there is energy even in a vacuum something many have suspected but recently shown.

So must our story be true and consistant with known science facts or can we lie?

Last edited by Orac; 06/08/11 02:29 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.