Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Here is an interesting article from my forum:

http://www.preearth.net/phpBB3/search.php?search_id=newposts

The Cheonan sinking was a FALSE-FLAG operation.

The ROKS (Republic of Korea ship) Cheonan sinking occurred on March 26, 2010, when the Cheonan, a South Korean Navy ship carrying 104 personnel, sank off the country's west coast near Baengnyeong Island in the Yellow Sea with the loss of 46 lives.

The sinking occurred at coordinates: 37° 55' 45" N, 124° 36' 2" E, that is, latitude: 37.929167, longitude: 124.600556

Chinese claims of false-flag operation:

During talks between the American and Chinese governments in late May 2010, Chinese officials claimed that the sinking of the Cheonan had been as a result of an American rising mine, which is moored to the seabed and propels itself into a ship detected by sound or magnetics, planted during anti-submarine exercises that were conducted by the South Korean and US navies shortly before the sinking.

To back up their claims, the Chinese said that North Korean submarines such as the one believed to have sank the Cheonan were incapable of moving undetected within South Korean waters, and a rising mine would have damaged the ship by splitting the hull, as was done to the Cheonan, rather than simply holing the vessel as a conventional torpedo does. A conventional torpedo traveling at 40-50 knots would also be completely destroyed upon impact, which contradicts the torpedo parts found later.

Further, according to http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/LF04Dg02.html

Chinese naval intelligence based their suspicions of a false flag operation on the following facts:

Fact One: Baengnyeong Island hosts a Secret Joint US-South Korean Naval Base for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations. Absent civilian traffic around it, "the noiseless conditions are near-perfect for picking up the slightest agitation, for example from a torpedo and any submarine that might fire it". The joint US-South Korean naval base is staffed by American and South Korean naval special operation force personnel.

The following map from maps.google.com shows both the location of the sinking and the US-South Korean Naval Base.

The sinking occurred only 5 kilometers (3 miles) from the Naval Base.

Do you really believe a North Korean submarine came within a few kilometers of a U.S. base and they didn't even know? Is U.S. base security criminally bad?

Fact Two: An Aegis ship-led US flotilla was operating in the South Korean waters in question at the time of the sinking of the South Korean warship.

Fact Three: The US flotilla included a mine-laying USNS Savor, stationed close to Baengnyeong Island.

Contrary to the belief that the ship was under the command of the Seventh Fleet, the NAM story noted that the USNS Salvor was "controlled by the innocuous-sounding Military Sealift Command and is closely connected with the Office of Naval Intelligence since their duties include secret operations such as retrieving weapons from sunken foreign ships, scouting harbor channels and laying mines, as when the Salvor trained Royal Thai Marine divers in mine-laying in the Gulf of Thailand in 2006, for example."

Fact Four: The US Navy SEALs "maintains a sampling of European torpedoes for sake of plausible deniability for false-flag attacks. Also, Berlin does not sell torpedoes to North Korea, however, Germany does maintain a close joint submarine and submarine weapons development program with Israel."

Chinese findings carry clout.

The Chinese findings goes a long way to explaining why Obama made an April 1 phone call to offer South Korean President Lee Myung-bak the privilege of hosting in Seoul in 2012 a second of the then nuclear summit to be held in Washington April 12. (See See Pyongyang sees a US role in Cheonan sinking, Asia Times Online, May 5).

The offer was aimed at appeasing the embarrassed South Korean premier into covering up the truth of the US friendly fire sinking of the corvette, in a bid to prevent a tsunami-like nationwide eruption of anti-American sentiments and the resulting massive opposition to the US bases in South Korea and Japan.

South Korea is in no way fit to host such a a nuclear summit. Any one of the nuclear powers such as Russia, China, the United Kingdom and France should have been invited to host this dialogue's second event.

The Chinese findings illustrate once again that two presidents, Obama and Lee, have no care for human lives and show that Lee wept crocodile tears over the death of his fellow countrymen sailors, using their loss to become a "a favorite man of Obama" in the words of US Vice President Joseph Biden.

The Chinese findings also explain why US Forces Korea Commander General Walter Sharp unexpectedly attended the April 3 funeral of a South Korean rescue diver, Han Ju Ho, who died while participating in the search for missing sailors from the corvette. Sharp was seen consoling the bereaved family in an unprecedented expression of sympathy.

Han Ju Ho was called a legendary veteran member of the South Korean underwater demolition team that took part in the covert ASW program of the joint US-South Korean base on Baengnyeong Island.

Now it is obvious why the US envoy in Seoul, Kathleen Stephens, and Sharp went out of their way on April 7 to fly to a South Korean amphibious landing ship to have a look at search and rescue operations for the sunken corvette.

The two pledged total support to the rescue operations, but as it turned out, the Americans showed how little the lives of South Korean soldiers matter to the US. South Korean troops are useful to the Americans as their cannon fodder, nothing more and nothing less.

The pro-American conservative South Korean daily Chosun Ilbo on April 1 wondered why the US SEALs aboard the USNS Savor did not join the South Koreans in the search and rescue operation as of March 31.

The daily expressed what it termed as "speechless" dismay at the refusal to dive by US SEALs who cited fast currents, low underwater temperatures, and deep waters, while the South Korean rescue team was left to struggle alone all the day against heavy odds.

The Los Angeles Times reported from Seoul May 28 on the South Korean public skepticism to the May 20 final forensic report on the sinking of the corvette: Younger South Koreans "see the Cheonan incident in less threatening terms. They contend that for all its bluster, North Korea is not an existential threat to their country. And they are suspicious of the motives of a conservative government they regard as descendants of the military regimes that ruled South Korea before it became a democracy in the 1980s."

"The government is lying," a 17-year-old high school student, Kim Da-yeon told the newspaper, wearing a Beatles T-shirt over her plaid school uniform, as her friends nodded with enthusiasm.

"The girls had stumbled on the demonstration in front of City Hall on a day off from school and picked Korean flags, but they said in unison that they didn't agree with the anti-North Korean sentiment. "The North Koreans are our friends, our family," they said, according to the newspaper report. "We don't want to fight them."

For the full story see: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/LF04Dg02.html

Earth formed from a collision
www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
www.preearth.net/plate.html
P
OP Offline
P
The professional internet liars don't seem to like this topic.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P
Wow,.... I'm impressed. You guys really hate this topic.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Hi, Pre. I know how it feels to start a thread that no one seems to like. You can't keep it going very long on your own. smile

I have to wonder, though, if this is science or politics. If it's politics I could try to get my son involved. Trouble is, I think he might agree with you, and where's the fun in that.

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
you know if the people of the U.S. would research their
voting choices we would have never had a strong Chinese Military to worry about.

we would still be the strongest industrialized nation in
the world.

and we would still have a great economy.

and we wouldnt have to worry about terrorist either.

but you get what you vote for.

if you want to see it get even worse just vote the republicans into the Presidency again.

I stand by and vote for the Democrats because of their
voting track record.

this is why I say that the republicans have ruined our country , because if you check into their past voting records you will find that they vote in favor of foreign countries over their own country.

you get what you vote for and if what you vote for votes against you when its their turn to vote while in office then you got what you voted for !

didnt you.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Wow! there was something a bit political there; I didn't just imagine it!

There never was nothing.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Hi, Pre. I know how it feels to start a thread that no one seems to like. You can't keep it going very long on your own. smile

I have to wonder, though, if this is science or politics. If it's politics,....

Hi Bill, it is politics, that is why it is in the section: "Not-Quite-Science".

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P

Do you think this thread is unpopular because it casts America in a bad light?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I suppose the difference between "not-quite" and "not" could be classed as a nice distinction.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:

You could have a point there, Pre. Maybe “Lets celebrate our heroes” has zero response for the same reason.

There never was nothing.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:

You could have a point there, Pre. Maybe “Lets celebrate our heroes” has zero response for the same reason.

Indeed. Casting America in a bad light, is taboo.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P
Yes, the American government is quite an evil institution.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Maybe the reason for the lack of response is indifference, I realise this my upset you preeath, but I have no idea what you are talking about before I read your post, I have never heard of this incident, it is not discussed at any length in my country, and so I have no reason to respond, lacking as I do background or knowledge, and it must be admitted, having no desire to know more. It seems sad on the facts presented, but that's all.

I think the US government is, like the old joke, good in parts--- and the whole point then is that it is bad in others. However this is an international forum, and one of its charms is that we more often find agreement than disagreement---- and sometimes we also discover the ignorance and indifference of others elsewhere.

Last edited by Ellis; 02/21/12 08:16 PM.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Maybe the reason for the lack of response is indifference, I realise this my upset you preeath, but I have no idea what you are talking about before I read your post, I have never heard of this incident, it is not discussed at any length in my country, and so I have no reason to respond, lacking as I do background or knowledge, and it must be admitted, having no desire to know more. It seems sad on the facts presented, but that's all.

So, you don't think that a deliberate attempt to start another war on the Korean peninsular (through this false flag operation) is very important?

Doesn't upset me. Though I think it is rather sad.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Thank you for the explanation of the incident preearth. I actually had googled it my self. You inserted the explanation AFTER I had had my reply published, which does make me look a bit of a twit! Nothing wrong with that I suppose but that explanation was not there when I confessed my ignorance of this incident, which I have to say had little media coverage here.

This is not an excuse for my ignorance, but it does explain the indifference you have found. You see, regarding false flag operations--- when you live in a fairly non-important country on the underside of the world you are entitled to assume that hardly anyone would care if our government were to rouse itself to devise such a ghastly plan, we would be too busy trying to return to our customary apathy on such monstrous ideas. And, also, the interest in such alleged false flag incidents elsewhere is only for their value as a bit of a sensation, apathetic at best.

It is the same apathy that you are presently battling against I'm afraid.

Last edited by Ellis; 05/01/12 06:01 AM.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
And since we are discussing appalling governmental decisions--- I was horrified at the plan to put missiles on top of flats in London.

In my opinion, if that has to happen in order for a sporting event to take place, it is time for the Olympics to say goodbye (for another 2,000 years!)

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you for the explanation of the incident preearth.

There have been many false-flag operations. The American government has been responsible for many of them.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P
And since we are discussing appalling governmental decisions--- I was horrified at the plan to put missiles on top of flats in London.

Actually, the missiles themselves would be of much use to many groups.

It would have been funny to see an attack on the London flats simply to steal the missiles.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P

Al-Qaeda is not very good is it.

It didn't even try to steal the missiles from the London apartment rooftops.

This is why so many people call them Al-CIAda (because they believe that the CIA actually runs Al-Qaeda).

It is known the CIA ran Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan (against the Soviets).

It looks like the CIA runs Al-Qaeda in Syria.

What sort of terrorists are they? CIA run terrorists? Probably.

Looks more like that every passing day.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P
I have been told that Al-Qaeda is what is commonly known as FALSE OPPOSITION.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.