Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: paul
but this is all just conjecture anyway , so the only thing that matters is that we are being fed junk by a channel thats not supposed to.

Yea it did seem like just an entertainment video. But maybe it was for the purpose that it caused, to motivate people to consider the stuff we've been talking about.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
it didnt seem like a entertainment video to me , it seemed like they thought they knew the physics behind the video.

that is why I posted about it.

these videos can be impressive to young minds and the impressions can follow them through their lives , and
this type of mocumentary could possibly cause large problems when that person is allowed to apply his knowledge to design.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
os can be impressive to young minds and the impressions can follow them through their lives , and
this type of mocumentary could possibly cause large problems when that person is allowed to apply his knowledge to design.

It could easily give some inquisitive kid motivation to find out why. It did for us, didn't it! But someone who's just going to go "wow! look at all that water!" probably won't even remember that it was about the Earth spinning in the first place.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Bill S

the ArcGis model only takes into account where the water would all go if the earth did not change its shape.

BTW... if the scenario described in the link were to happen and if for some un-physical reason the earth did not change its shape.

the world would soon be a big fireball and no one would be capable of worrying about it anyway.

the oceans are very deep , and the water above the sea floor weighs .433 pounds per foot in depth.

releasing this weight over such a huge area would most likely be a wipe.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
well the pudding is the proof in this case , just look at the ArcGIs model as evidence of how this type of programming can effect the minds of the viewers.

and we as normal people rely on these models to understand
the physics involved.

and then ( dramatization )

it would be more like this

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Dramatic pics, Paul. The middle one looks like something that Preearth might appreciate.

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I found a better one for Pre

of course you know that (according to some people) he is correct about the earth and another planetoid colliding in the past and that is how we got the moon.

but his version only describes how the continents were pushed around into place by a collision.

in my opinion any such collision would completely melt the entire surface of the earth.

so there would be nothing to push around except liquid rock.

here are a number of really nice looking exploding earth
wallpapers at the below link.

http://newmediapop.com/featured/8-exploding-earth-impacts-terror-at-1024px

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
You missed by far the most serious effect

My toilet water wouldn't spin correctly down the drain .. I would have to get a toilet spin corrector like the US embassy had for Australia in one episode of the Simpson's :-)

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I remember that episode, it was shortly after I discovered that this whole spin thing was a con.

The tutor we had for A level Geology insisted it was true, and I had spent quite a lot of time trying, unsuccessfully, to observe the phenomenon. I was really pleased when I read that it was rubbish, it sort of vindicated my ability as an experimenter. smile

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
this could mean something , yesterday for a few hours my water
would spin the other way !

counter-clockwise

in the US

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
my water would spin the other way !

Perhaps you should stand still!

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
LOL , I was getting around to this , I found that if
there was a abnormal current being established inside the drain the current could affect the spin of the water.

I checked the drain and found that there was an anomaly
in the drain below the orifice.

a hair ball.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I checked the drain and found that there was an anomaly
in the drain below the orifice.

a hair ball.

Is that really an anomaly? It seems like it is a natural part of a drain.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B

There never was nothing.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I guess they moved the images.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.