Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 632 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37983 03/30/11 02:17 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Khan Academy

Khan Academy offers a great many free tutorials about quite a range of subjects, including science and math. Right now they have over 2100 10 minute tutorials. I have been reviewing the physics play list. I'm not really learning anything new, but I am refreshing what I already know and have to a large extent forgotten. I don't think they have any really advanced courses, but there is enough to get a person started in the groundwork of physics. In math they seem to go a little bit further. They have a pretty good sized play list for linear algebra. I haven't looked at any of the math tutorials yet, but I expect I will need to before I get through the physics playlist.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
I
I
Who makes the lectures, and how do we know they are accurate?

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
I'm not sure he has done all of them (over 2100 would be a lot) but the physics lectures, and I think the math lectures, are done by Sal Kahn. I have been running through the physics lectures and haven't spotted an really egregious errors. Some things I thought that he should have approached differently, but that is just my way versus his way. The only thing I have seen that I think might be a real error is that in his lectures on unit vectors he shows position P as a vector. This of course is wrong, since position does not have amplitude or direction. But what he shows of how to use the vectors is correct.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.