Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 716 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S

Integral conversion of heat into mechanical work and other absurdities in thermodynamics

With dedication to Kallog.
Once a layman asked Einstein: What is the difference between time and eternity?
Einstein found a very clever answer: Even I will have time to answer you, you will need an eternity to understand it!
I don’t think for you an eternity is sufficient to understand the absurdities of actual physics.

The text analysis some possibilities of increasing the yields of combustions for thermal engines and in the same time, questions the possibility of bulk transformation of heat into mechanical work.
The heat transformation into mechanical work is a favourite subject of discussions and it seems that subject becomes more a philosophical debate instead of a scientific one.
It is known that 80% of world electric energy is produced by burning of combustible materials (coal, petrol etc) and the consequences of this activity are becoming more evident in pollution, climate change etc. Terrestrial and maritime transports have their part of contribution to this stress on Earth systems. Therefore this discussion is important not only for physicists, but for politicians too.
In the text, some simple ideas are advanced and it ca be demonstrated that yield of actual combustion process can be at lest doubled in absence of any political arrangement. As consequence this increase in yield can have as result a greater quantity of electric energy production with a diminishing of secondary effects on Earth ecosystem.
The text analyses some patents where water is added as emulsion or directly injected into an engine cylinder in order to increase the yield. From orthodox thermodynamic point of view this is an absurdity. Because only a weird man can think that adding water to a combustible material can increase the mechanical work, when in fact the combustion power decreases! But the situation is not like that.
Then a new improved Rankin cycle is proposed in order to boost the yield of a thermoelectric factory.
More than that, it is proposed an experiment where entire quantity of heat produced into a chemical reaction is transformed into mechanical work. The experiment is very simple. A mixture of methane and air is combusted into a recipient kept at -80°C and having a thick layer of solid CO2 on the internal part of recipient’s walls. In this way, hot gases resulted into reaction, produce sublimation of CO2 (at -79°C), and the generated gas increase the pressure into system and force a mechanical piston to slide to right. Assuming the layer of CO2 is thick enough, as far the temperature of gases inside recipient is greater then -79°C, there will be a continuous sublimation of gas molecules, without heat loss outside system.
More than that, this incipient engine works being in contact with a single reservoir of temperature and, in this way, is contradicting all philosophy of actual thermodynamics. The yield of the entire process is related to the background temperature of entire system, but this is another story.
Of course, in practice such experiment can arrive to a yield of 90 to 95%, but from theoretical point of view there are no restrictions to convert all heat into mechanical work.
It is quite difficult to have such piston and to cover an internal wall with a layer of CO2 solid in order to not have a gas escape. Therefore, in practical approach it can be used a box in box system with an elastic membrane able to extend when internal box moves. Cost of the experiment, in Romania conditions, less then 5000 euro. The same experiment in developed west will arrive at few hundreds of thousand euros. In fact I know people who refuted research contracts of few hundreds of thousand Euros only because the documentation for such project does not worth the effort. So, I will expect that such research project will arrive to a price of few millions of euro, when in fact the real cost is quite nothing.
Finally, it is proposed, like a curiosity, an engine working based on solid carbon dioxide as combustible. Such engine, have to work on a 3 step cycle: feeding, expansion and evacuation. I think such engine could have applications in space industry or even in Man to Mars missions.
The link:
http://www.elkadot.com/ro/termodinamica/Combustia2.htm
As usual Romanian version is the reference. Further translations will be provided.
I think I made an error in previous message. Theoreticians need half a millennium to understand some experiments and not one or two centuries as specified before. For understanding some new concepts, they need even more time!
With or without their help the face of physics will be changed. In fact, they have been becoming very expensive ballast into a race and they need to be discarded!
The problem is, there is none to explain them the fact they are making figuration and there is no mechanism to push them out of the well warmed chairs where they are sitting spending money on nothing.
Best regards,
Sorin Cosofret

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: sorincosofret

I don’t think for you an eternity is sufficient to understand the absurdities of actual physics.

You're in too deep to recover. 20 years and excessive ego means you have to cling on just to avoid the despair you'd feel if you knew you wasted your life.

No repeatable experimental results.
No deductive logical reasoning.
No defense against criticisms.
No different from the 10000s of other cranks.

Why have you avoided these things in all that time? They're the strongest support you could have. Go and get them!

Last edited by kallog; 03/01/11 10:57 AM.
S
OP Offline
S
What does it bother most it is not the simple stupidity, but the stupidity covered by arrogance of some pigmies of physics incapable to find an error in my experiments.
If I were you, I will have the ,,common sense” to shut up the ,,mouth”. Please, open the ,,mouth” when you will demonstrate me that my experiment regarding the integral transformation of heat in mechanical power is absurd or when you will demonstrate me that I am not able to double the efficiency of actual combustion process.
I advice you to publish at least one paper in a scientific journal or to make a Ph. D. in exact sciences. There are some people able to rise in their career kissing hands or other anatomical parts (you may guess!) ….

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: sorincosofret
,,mouth”. Please, open the ,,mouth” when you will demonstrate me that my experiment regarding the

I already demonstrated possible errors in another 'experiment'. You didn't answer them or correct any mistakes they showed. So I won't waste my time looking at this thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokĀž»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.